• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Planning] Picture Caption

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    What it says on the tin.

Picture Caption

"I can't take anymore homework!"

Poll to vote for favorite.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Participants will get one pick one image (that we decide) for every day of the GT. After which, we'll either hold a poll or the entries will be PM'd to me (and I dunno, you?) and graded by funniness wittiness, cleverness, etc. the person with the highest score at the end of the GT gets bragging rights as Meme Master for a year.

It's really whatever works easiest between a poll or judges, yea?

If they participate at all, their VPP increases a level.

Did I describe that well enough?

Last edited:
    Years
  • A poll would be cool but idk if you'll be able to get enough non-participants voting. A judging panel should work though.

You'd probably be doing your winner reveals at the same time as giving out the new round.

The VPP tie-in is fine imo, but you should still be giving actual GT points.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    okay anyone wanna volunteer for judge along with me on this thing?

excluding vpp stuff idk if that's gonna work with the GT

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay thanks man. Should they all be Pokémon related pics or just random ones?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay, here's a few: I'll resize all the images to be the same when I'm on a computer again.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I figured the teams can have the share of the lot but only conspire for what they agree is their best to or three.

Them PM'd to us (and any other judges, doesn't have to just be gimme and I!) under their team name for assessment.

Years
  • I figured the teams can have the share of the lot but only conspire for what they agree is their best to or three.

Them PM'd to us (and any other judges, doesn't have to just be gimme and I!) under their team name for assessment.

That sounds really different to what you described before. Wasn't this going to be an individual thing?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Yeah, it starts out individual, but then get divided in groups. Example:

IV has the night score of 8! That's 2 points to Gryffindor or whatever!

I'll be honest this kind of stuff edges close to math to me in which I am a negligent and unapologetic failure. I have vague ideas that need fleshing out by someone who is talented in the more practical side, just not creative..

Years
  • Yeah, it starts out individual, but then get divided in groups. Example:

IV has the night score of 8! That's 2 points to Gryffindor or whatever!

I'll be honest this kind of stuff edges close to math to me in which I am a negligent and unapologetic failure. I have vague ideas that need fleshing out by someone who is talented in the more practical side, just not creative..

Let's just make it an individual competition and give each day's winner(s) 15 points for their team? That seems the simplest way to do it.
    If we're concerned about keeping up with announcing the new winner every day of the thing, then we can wait for the end and then award each team their total winnings all at once.

So if the event went for four days and a Caelum person won days 1 and 2, a Solum person day 3 and an Aecor person day 4, at the end of the event Caelum would have scored 30, Solum and Aecor 15 each. In the event of a tie on any given day, we can just give both teams the points.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Let's just make it an individual competition and give each day's winner(s) 15 points for their team? That seems the simplest way to do it.
    If we're concerned about keeping up with announcing the new winner every day of the thing, then we can wait for the end and then award each team their total winnings all at once.

I like this idea, it's simple and easy to organize.

Back