• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Pixel Stuff

Years
  • Hi, got some free time again on my hands and decided to sprite some stuff, I might later add some drawings
    and other stuff but for now just pixel art, comments are very welcome ;) .

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Drawings:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    !!

I.. love these! I love it! Your working within the boundaries of a pre-made shape and filling every pixel of it, adding backgrounds and depth, and actually creating an image, not merely a pixel representation of your subject! Did you create the box first and full it in? Or did you sprite the Pokemon, add a background, and then put a box around it? Just curious!

I think the Cradilly is my favorite. Your color choices are just delightful, and the proportions are spot on. Your outline is nice too, your AA is clean, I mean you really hit every fundamental of objectively defined well executed pixel art with that one, all while being uniquely your own. Now that is something you should be proud of!

This was a very pleasant surprise upon opening the spoiler. So happy to see more up and coming pixel artists really proving their salt with these new, inspired ways of working their medium. Please keep it up, and please keep updating this gallery! You've got a lot of promise and I'd love to see what you can do later down the road. :)

Years
  • Oh Thank you, glad you liked it :DDD

I actually sprite the pokemon first, set the boundaries and then make up a background that I think suits it so it's a sort of illustrative art. I'm trying to capture an imaginary moment and bring it on a blank surface while telling a story within one picture. That's the idea at least ;) .

I will definitely continue updating this thread, I have already some work done for the Gen 7 competition, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post it just yet.

Update as promised :D
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • So, another update this time a little different.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Thank you for the cheerful response :)

got some WIP this time a little tribute for my favourite band AC/DC \m/ <^-^> \m/

Spoiler:

Years
  • So, I've been busy as of late, art school projects are quite demanding and I didn't have much time or will to do stuff. But, my AC/DC pixel has turned out to be different than I had originally planned, I still kinda want to play around with the colours too, maybe even go back to black ( almost a pun :o ) and white and some of the shading was made up on the spot tbh, but it's something.
    Spoiler:

Comments, thoughts, criticism appreciated!

Years
  • So another update folks, with more pixel art, will try and dig up my drawings and upload them as promised.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Comments appreciated!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I love your AC/DC tribute! It looks amazing! I really like most of your pixelstuff, but your fakemon do need a little work. The last of your boars, is probably your best fake, it's line-art is great, it's just that its shading is a little slimey, and I only say slimey for the lack of better word. It's caused by the highlights, which, judging by your other work you really like. It fits your style, but when emulating the official pokemon style, you should probably keep the highlights to a minimum. It's two pre-evo's don't have that great of a lineart. It may just be the colours you gave the lines, but they don't look that tight. Try looking at existing pokemon sprites that are similar and use that as a reference.

Years
  • Thank you for the kind words!
    I agree, I actually struggle to emulate that pokemon feel to a fakemon and yeah I'll probably just scrap
    the pre-evolutions all together and work around a different concept.
    I get what you mean by slimey, it's not furry enough should be more like Furret and less like Swalot I guess :).
    Cheers!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • The last evolution of the Electric/Poison type Boar Fakemon looks absolutely incredible! Definitely a Fakemon I'd be hunting down if it made it into a game. All of your sprite/pixel work is fantastic, in saying that. Drifblim is hands down my favourite piece of yours though, I'm a massive sucker for Drifloon/Drifblim and I think you nailed it in that piece.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You're getting there.

Your fakemon are starting to look more dynamic, more posed, in contrast to the static stances of your earlier ones. I can tell you're practicing, and it is paying off. But you're going to need to be more strict on yourself to capture that true "Pokemon" appearance. Keep studying, keep working, and keep having fun. There's real potential here!

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • That AC/DC Tribute was amazing!
    However, while the boar line does look good, I feel the last one is too much like skuntank to me.

Years
  • The last evolution of the Electric/Poison type Boar Fakemon looks absolutely incredible! Definitely a Fakemon I'd be hunting down if it made it into a game. All of your sprite/pixel work is fantastic, in saying that. Drifblim is hands down my favourite piece of yours though, I'm a massive sucker for Drifloon/Drifblim and I think you nailed it in that piece.

Thank you for the kind words ^_^

You're getting there.

Your fakemon are starting to look more dynamic, more posed, in contrast to the static stances of your earlier ones. I can tell you're practicing, and it is paying off. But you're going to need to be more strict on yourself to capture that true "Pokemon" appearance. Keep studying, keep working, and keep having fun. There's real potential here!

Yes, I actually use every little bit of my free time which is almost impossible to find and put it in practice.
    Thanks for the encouragement!

That AC/DC Tribute was amazing!
    However, while the boar line does look good, I feel the last one is too much like skuntank to me.
    Thank you!
    It looks like Skuntank to you because it was my reference when I was spriting it.:P
    With that said I think it has it's differences but as I said I'm scrapping the first 2 altogether and I might even change the look of the last one.

Brb, Searching for my drawings >_<

Edit: Updated the first post with some drawings will upload more when I have more time.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Been busy with stuff but I have a quick update also need to keep things going on this forum :)

This time a couple of mega evolutions:
    Spoiler:

Also my hands are itching to post the 3 gen 7 fakemon for that competition seeing as it isn't happening (?) but I'll leave it for later.

Cheers!

Back