• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

player built structures?

Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I don't know if I am remembering correctly but I thought I had seen a romhack or fan game that allowed the player to build structures.
    if this has NOT been done yet. is it even possible?

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    is it possible to take some code from 1 game, edit it, and place it in a different game?

Days
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    also, is it possible to have certain actions (code) work only in a given area of the map?

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't know if I am remembering correctly but I thought I had seen a romhack or fan game that allowed the player to build structures.
    if this has NOT been done yet. is it even possible?
    I believe this has been done before, though I can't remember the name of the hack(s) that did it. Basically anything would be possible in a rom hack or fan game, as long as you have the programming know-how and the hardware capacity to do it. The pokeemerald decomp gives a ton of flexibility with what you can do with it, only limited by one's own programming prowess.
    is it possible to take some code from 1 game, edit it, and place it in a different game?
    Yup, as long as you know how to properly integrate the code from one game into another.
    also, is it possible to have certain actions (code) work only in a given area of the map?
    That is most certainly possible. It's often done with an if-statement kind-of like this: if(gSaveBlock1Ptr->location.mapNum == MAP_NUM(ROUTE_1)). There are a variety of ways to do that.

Back