• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Explorers of Sky had a lot of extra dungeons with really weird restrictions, and there were ones with those terrifying Grudge Traps that would give all opposing Pokémon on the current floor a grudge status that would drain all your PP of a certain move when you would kill it, and it can't be eradicated. That Destiny Tower... And the Zero Isle Center... Dear goodness.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Sounds like a game worth getting for me then :D

When I have money that is. There are a lot of games I want to buy/re-buy. A lot of DS games, since I lost a lot of them. I think they were stolen from me, but I'm not 100% sure. They just went missing one day and I've not found them in a good few years.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I want to buy the older DS games like D/P/Pt and complete the rest of the HGSS and BW games. They're a little cheaper now if I buy them on Gamestop, which is awesome. I really want to explore Sinnoh, it was the region that I explored/played the least.

Circuit

Years
    I know a store close to my home in England that sells them. unfortunately they cost something around £30 (~$45 depending on rates). I want to re-buy D/P/Pl because I did have all three. But when I lost 90% of my DS games (I don't even know how), they went too. Along with my PMD games and a lot of others too.

Circuit

Years
    Yeah, DS chargers work on SPs. I have one too, but no charger and mine is dead. Rip. No FireRed or Sapphire runs for me.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Chargers are one of these things I never understood, what they were thinking. Nintendo stops shipping their handhelds with a charger, stating everyone would already own one and on the other side, every other company has their own homebrew chargers which just stack up at home, because they are specifically designed for that one device they are shipped with.

I just wish, they all would just decide on one standard and go with that. You could buy a Vita and use its charger to charge your 3DS, for example. That would solve the "cables everywhere" problem relatively easy, while keeping the possibility of not owning the charger but the device at a minimum.

Although, it would be really interesting to hear, how many people bought the 3DS XL along with one of a gen 6 game, just to rage afterwards, because they realized that they still needed to wait longer before playing the game, because they still needed a charger. {XD}

Circuit

Years
    Yeah, the mobile industry has already standardised chargers (with the exception of Apple, cause they're supremacists). The gaming industry should do the same for handheld consoles. It would make life a lot easier.

Years
    I still have multiple chargers, including one for my DS Lite (which I basically use for the GBA titles and when i'm playing a Gen IV/V game that's not on DualCapture). But when it's charging up it has this noise that it emits, and it's not detrimental but it gets unpleasant if i'm in my dorm for a long period of time (though nowadays, I usually am not).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I lost my 3DS a few weeks ago, and I'm still sad about that :(( Looking forward to buying the new 3DS, I think it's about time. Besides, the battery life in my old 3DS is really sucky. only 3 hours of gameplay, especially for Pokemon.

First gen was the first gen. :D But 2nd Gen will forever be my favorite.

Years
    Too bad Sterling, I hope you get a new one soon. I have yet to buy my firt one. But before that I have to find a cheap White 2 lol. Also Pokemon conquest and Rumble woulnd t be too bad either.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite gen will always be three, without a doubt. What intrigues me most regarding it is... well, plot! Although Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald did follow their usual formula of defeating-evil-team-and-become-champion, overall, there were still a lot of things going on that had set these games apart from all previous title releases, such as existence of two, separate criminal organizations.

Aside from that, third gen games also had locations that were a lot fun to explore, at least in my eyes, making it easier for them to stand out.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    Gen 1+2 are my favorites and it's hard for me to choose between them. I think it's because I played those games the most and FireRed and HeartGold are two of my favorites.

Years
    I don't think anyone who knows me has to guess what my favorite game is - that would be Black 2 and White 2. And while it took me a while to really warm up to BW, that one has really grown on me and made Generation V my favorite. Part of why I felt soured on BW was because of the fans of it who were just obnoxious B2W2 haters that I felt had rather inane reasons for being on the negative side with it (I won't mention names, but one of them may be a regular of this thread!).

Platinum used to be my favorite game for a while, as it had more Pokémon I really liked and there were a lot of fun fights in it, and the post-game was good stuff too.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    But if anyone ever asks me what defined Gen III for me, I'd answer it with this: The Battle Frontier. Pokemon Emerald hands down had the most creative and out-of-the-box Battle Frontier buildings ever to this day. Having Pokemon that can act completely on their own, therefore you have to rely on them to make the right move? A Battle facility that relies completely on luck? I don't particularly remember the rest, but I do remember having a lot of fun there and it kept me coming back and wanting more symbols because the facilities themselves were just really fun.

Definitely agree that the Gen III Battle Frontier was great. I never collected many of the symbols but I really liked all the facilities due to how creative they were. The Battle Dome was my favourite - it's pretty simple compared to the others, but I've always liked the bracketed tournament style of things, and it sometimes churns out pretty funny descriptions of your chances of winning based on what Pokemon you enter which I was always amused by. :P

As for my favourite Gen, though, it's definitely Gen II. I started with Gen I but Gen II was even better - I love all the Pokemon in Gen II, lots of my friends played Pokemon then, the games were fun, Johto is amazing... sure, part of it (a bit part of it I guess) is nostalgia but eh good memories surrounding Gen II make it the most memorable for me.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    The Battle Frontier in Emerald was definitely awesome. I played in there for hours on end, even though I never won any symbols. I had fun just trying out the different facilities and I loved the different strategies required to be successful in each one.

Years
    I never played the battle frontier, because I never had Emerald >.> I am playing through silver now though. Just got to Kanto and got the magnet train working. I think I may emulate the GBA games too, but then again I might go all official if I do decide to get a gamecube with a GBA player.

Circuit

Years
    I never played the games through my Gamecube. I wish I had, sounds pretty cool. I did enjoy the battle frontier for Emerald, despite only having played there fleetingly. It was quite a diverse experience, always different. I would like something like that again. The battle Maison was quite lame.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I think I may emulate the GBA games too, but then again I might go all official if I do decide to get a gamecube with a GBA player.

One of my most fondest memories was playing my GBA games on my Gamecube, and seeing the gameplay on my TV.

pls, playing Gen I/II games on Pokemon Stadium/Stadium 2 on the N64 is where it's at! Though my adapter thingy was temperamental and didn't work very often, and I have a memory (idk how accurate) of my Blue version becoming corrupted when I was young when I tried to play it on Stadium 2.

I don't know how accurate that memory is, but I am still kinda sad that my Blue version is corrupted and has just been sitting somewhere on my desk for 10+ years ;__; it works but doesn't save :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I actually find it a little weird to play Pokemon on the bigger screen. I'm always used to Pokemon in smaller consoles like the DS. At least, that's how I grew up with.

I remember playing Pokemon Snap and Pokemon Stadium on the N64, those were great on TV. The graphics were eye candy and the sounds were amazing back then.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back