• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Player saved the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
  • I find it odd how the Pokédex suddenly has information about a Pokémon once it's in your possession. How does it get it?

Years
  • I still like the theory that it's the trainers themselves that are putting the entries into the Pokedex, which is why they're sometimes a bit exaggerated.

Spoiler:

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    i don't think Pokémon games taught me a lot of things that are particularly useful in day to day life either. oh! except - i do remember loving the Slateport Museum about water and sea currents. i actually thought that was really cool o: explanations about salt content and stuff like that. the games might also help your puzzle-solving skills what with the various gym puzzles and the Trick House that you need to solve before challenging the leaders.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Pokémon most likely fueled my desire to get into other video games, so I have it to thank for that. As far as what it taught me? Not much really, I just enjoy playing it :P

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    To take your time and plan ahead? Considering the Pokemon metagame is the first and only metagame I've spend some time learning, I suppose I could say, that's what the games taught me. In general I like to analyze the Pokemon games and their design in order to learn more about myself and my preferences, etc.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I suppose you can say that Pokemon gaming is the one way I can figure that I could be a "kid" again, and reconnect with my younger self, if that make sense. @_@; Not really sure how else to word it, but there's that.

Playing does make me feel like I still have a sense of youth to me, which is good because I don't wanna grow up :P

Years
  • A life without Pokemon for me would be a total disaster and my Tumblr blog would have to move from a part-Pokemon blog to something suiting my other tastes.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • X: 842:33 hours
    Y: 216:30 hours
    Omega Ruby: 8:16 hours (lol)
    Alpha Sapphire: 223:47 hours

800 hours WHAAAAT

asdjfhasdf I can't even imagine reaching such high playtimes haha. Though I'm not into breeding or shiny hunting or competitive battling, and all of those definitely add hours upon hours onto playtimes :P

I think I've played Diamond for close to 200 hours, but apart from that I don't think I've played any other games for more than 100 tbh :P

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I think I have about 100 hours on both X and AS, and I thought that was insane already. I guess Smash took up the other 250 hours.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't know about my old DS, since I don't have it anymore. But my 3DS times are:

PMD4: 29:02h
    White: 56:26h
    SoulSilver: 79:40h
    White2: 170:03h
    OR: 177:02h
    X: 692:07h

Years
  • Of everything I have, I think my highest one save time is Pearl, with over 440 hours. But between multiple plays as far as main series goes it's definitely White 2 with over 600. Much done with that, and X too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think Crystal would've been my highest playtime of all Pokémon games, I just remember playing the heck out of that game. White and Diamond are my top two DS titles, I've spent a great deal of time on those too.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • X: 99:08
    Omega Ruby: 47:14
    Black 2: 53:23

The others are largely inaccurate because of me restarting games. I know I've put over 500 hours into the FireRed between the multiple saves and at least 200 in HeartGold.

Years
  • Well, Explorers of Sky is pretty much the most popular Mystery Dungeon game so that explains it.

And you know, am I really one of the few Unova fans who feels sad when I see people mention Black & White are "underwhelming" or "doesn't have enough replay value"? It's like those people don't realize how good the story really is.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't even know if there's any kind of these game selling shops in my area, although I recall there being one, many years ago, which was selling cartridges of the old Trading Card game for the GBC, even long after the DS became a thing. I remember thinking over and over again, if I should buy it or not, but I never did and now they are closed. Makes me a little bit sad, tbh.

Years
  • I'm sure you guys know how much I love B2W2, but I will not deny that I enjoy BW quite a bit too (they're in my top 5). I didn't care much for how you could only use new Pokémon for the main story, but it definitely grew on me. The whole thing with Team Plasma and Pokémon liberation is something a lot of people saw different from most of the plots before it. And let's not forget those epic final fights with N and Ghetsis, which I really think are right up there with Cynthia in terms of awesomeness - you have to be well prepared to take on those big, menacing Dragon-types.

Years
  • Team Plasma has to definitely hold the title of the villains with the most interesting story to them, as likely explained above. I don't care about how many label them as hypocritical but what I also enjoy about B/W is the fact you use only 5th Gen Pokemon until the postgame. It makes you feel like you are discovering the franchise all over again, just like in 1st Gen.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Just spend the last 1.5 hours SRing and EV training an acceptable Azelf in OR. Now I don't have any Masterballs anymore.

As for gift Pokemon, I'd totally accept anything, as long as they stop that stupid serial code distribution nonsense...or are we talking about ingame gifts? Because those seem to be a little bit too generous for my taste (Mega Lucario, Mega Lati@s, etc.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back