• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please enter your name

Sir Codin

I often just put in my username, as oftentimes in RPGs, I'm trying to project myself into the character.

Yukari

Well if there's a default name I'll pretty much always go with that. If there isn't I usually just go with my real name. Or I use "Jacob" for male characters.

I'm boring.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pala. It's my go to name, these days. I used to name my character a random ass name, and I wanted to stop that trend, so I always just go ahead and name my character Pala, and nothing else.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I really like to go with pun names, where they fit. They usually end up better suited for pokemon, pets, and other animal companions than for the player character.. But sometimes they work for non-human races. :)

If I'm working with a blank-slate, human lady that's supposed to be 'me', like with most RPGs, I tend to lean toward Alessa and Alina. The former from Silent Hill, the latter's just a pretty and rather uncommon name that's always kinda stuck with me, lol. I've also used both as my own nicknames/aliases, online and irl. Never much cared for my own name.

If I'm stuck with a male character, I typically stick with the default/canon name, assuming I can't make a silly name or a pun.https://www.pokecommunity.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    I like naming my characters same as my favorite toon ever, MyNameIsGoblin JamesGoblin - greenskin shaman of Warhammer online <3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    If the character has a name, I always use that, otherwise, if it's a game with a rich background/history I really want to get immersed in and all that, I try to pick a lore-friendly name. Like in Elder Scrolls games, I'll follow the naming conventions of whatever race I'm playing as. A name that fits in their world so people aren't calling me "Karen the Dragonborn", "Bob the Harbinger" or something. :P

And then in games with no obvious naming conventions in their world and no default character name, like Pokemon or Animal Crossing, I'll just use my own name or Juno. If it's a boy character I'll pick a generic male name.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Killer150 or Hitman 150

Both are very simple names and quite fits for FPS games.

I woul like to use my name in story games because I like to be myself in game.

Years
  • Most of the time if the character has a name and a backstory and such or is popular, I'll name it the name it has. If it's a mute character or has pretty much nonexistent backstory (like Pokemon games) I just name them "Quil".

zerofm

Zero is live, zero is love..... especially in Tenn
    Years
  • Well, I mostly used Zero, Raven, or Kyle for an "English" Games, and Yuuki, Shiro, or Setsu for a "Japanese" Games, though in some case I would just find some cool-sounding names from the Internet.

Years
  • It seems a lot of ppl here tend to stick to one or a few names which is interesting. I never choose the same name twice though (unless I've lost my file haha). To me each character is unique. Plus there are just so many good names out there! :t173:

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • I first named my LoZ: Minish Cap game MEGAN9, as I was nine years old, and my name is Megan. I am not good with names.

It's either Electricbluewolf or PrincessMegnu, even in serious games. That hardcore

Sir Codin

I recently made a dual-wielding katana Dex-build character in Dark Souls 2.

Her name? "RNJR Weeaboo"

Back