• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please Give Credit to where it is deserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    By Kyattsuai from Pokemon Zeo
    Seriously, I've noticed over the course of the last few weeks, and specifically days, a lot of cards that are in some way not giving credit to somebody who provided material used to make the card. In some cases, it is the blanks - if there is text saying where a blank was gotten from or who made it, unless you have specific permission from people who made the blanks, KEEP THE TEXT! Good blanks are hard to make; believe me, I've tried. The bigger issue here, the subject of the above picture, is the taking of art, crediting either "unknown" or "the internet". The internet does not draw pictures. Actual people draw pictures, and then put them on the internet;they spend hours, even days sometimes, coming up with various Pok?-masterpieces. For some people here to take them, and use them in cards without even taking the effort to find out who spent all that time on the picture and give them their proper credit is as bad as removing a blank's text, if not worse. In a perfect Zeo, people would make their own blanks and art, but some people don't have such abilities, and there are people who are nice enough to make art and/or blanks for them. Please, give them whatever credit they deserve.

I find this to be very helpful, and yes, the person that made this rule gave me permission to use it elsewhere, I just hope it's good enough to be stickied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back