• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PLEASE Help me rate my team

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2006
    1.Misdrevous

Mean look
    Perish Song
    Pain Split
    Curse

2.Wobuffet

Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard
    Destiny Bond

3. Articuno

Mind Reader
    Sheer cold
    Bubblebeam
    Ice Beam

4. Groudon

Earthquake
    Solarbeam
    Ancient Power
    Eruption

5. Latios

Luster Purge
    Thunderbolt
    Recover

6. Dusclops

Meanlook
    Toxic
    Curse
    Rest

Thanks. Be frank. I won't be hurt.

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    Uhmm what levels?
    By the way, I would change Misdrevous and Wobuffet.

Just by the information given, I notice Latios with 3 moves... not good

Dusclops' mean look, toxic, curse and rest won't be my choice, non of them are very offensive.

Groudon looks pretty good, nice offensive moves.

Articuno is pretty amazing! I like the combination of sheer cold and mind reader, 2 moves and the opponent is dead =) I would think about replacing bubble beam with surf, surf's power is higher and can hit the same amount, also lets you swim. Duh.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Please give more information about your team if you want a decent fix on it. Is this in-game or competitive battling? What are the Natures/EVs/Abilities? What are the hold items?

A couple random things -

You have too many Pokes with not enough offensive moves. Balance this out more. Get rid of either Miss D or Duclops. I suggest the misses.

Use Psychic over Luster Purge on Latios.

Do not use Solarbeam or Overheat on Groudon. Go with this set:
    - Earthquake
    - Rock Slide
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Blast

Articuno's movepool is pretty crappy. Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo is sadly one of your better options, if that is any indication.

Articuno cannot learn Bubblebeam and it cannot learn Surf either.

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    shanecdavis said:
    Articuno's movepool is pretty crappy. Mind Reader/Sheer Cold combo is sadly one of your better options, if that is any indication.

WhaWhaWhaWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
    Articuno is one of the best stallers in the game, with three layers of spikes this set pisses off all.

Articuno
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Ice beam
    ~Roar
    ~Rest

Just watch the stab/cb rock slides

Kataphraktoi

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2011
    OHKO moves are considered lowly by just about everyone. Your articune set above is much better.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    ice_blade said:
    WhaWhaWhaWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
    Articuno is one of the best stallers in the game, with three layers of spikes this set pisses off all.

Articuno
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Ice beam
    ~Roar
    ~Rest

Just watch the stab/cb rock slides
    Well, I am assuming that since he didn't include Nature/EV info that this is in-game where stalling is more of a waste of time than useful. Competitively that Arty set rocks.

CipherDakim12

Don't mess with this baby...
    Years
    altariacrazy said:
    Set your team of in this format for conveinence:

Pokemon
    Nature
    EVs
    -Move 1
    -Move 2
    -Move 3
    -Move 4

1.Misdrevous

Thunderbolt
    Calm Mind
    Pain Split/Psychic
    Curse

Misdrevous is not a staller. You can leave Curse in there, and maybe Pain Split, but Misdrevous is probably not going to last more than 2 Shadow Balls. You need something offensive in that time.

2.Wobuffet

Counter
    Mirror Coat
    Safeguard
    Destiny Bond

I'm just saying that Wobuffet is not going to last long.

3. Articuno

Reflect
    Rest
    Toxic
    Ice Beam

Please don't go on the offense with Articuno! Mind Reader + Sheer Cold isn't not the 2 turn KO combo you think it is. Articuno is good only for stalling. Reflect and Rest will help you stay in the battle while Toxic does its job. Ice Beam is just something additional that wears the opponent down more.

4. Groudon

Earthquake
    Bulk Up/Sword Dance
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast

Only physical moves for Groudon, except for Fire Plast, when the target's Defense is too high or when Earthquake and Rock Slide somehow doesn't work out for you.

5. Latios

Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Recover
    Calm Mind

You couldn't even fill the last slot?!? That is some messed up Latios you got there. Also, Luster Purge sucks and won't get you anywhere.

6. Dusclops

Confuse Ray
    Toxic
    Shadow Ball
    Rest

It seems you are sort of obsessed with Mean Look. Unless the opponent is a novice at the game, they're not going to switch out as much as you think they're going to. The only thing you got right here is that Dusclops is meant for stalling, but it needs something to damage with.

Thanks. Be frank. I won't be hurt.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    5. Latios

Psychic
    Thunderbolt
    Recover
    Calm Mind

You couldn't even fill the last slot?!? That is some messed up Latios you got there. Also, Luster Purge sucks and won't get you anywhere.

I agree with cipher here. Psychic's way better than luster purge. ><;;

Fr0st

Random Crazy Person
    Years
    Luster Purge doesnt suck terribly... It has a nice effect but the PP for it is bad... Still i wouldnt say that it won't get you anywhere

Back