• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pleasing to the eye.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    How fond of aesthetics are you? Do you take into consideration the aesthetics of things around you, be it your profile design and colours, the colour of your username on the battle server if you go there, how things are placed in your room, around the house, in your garden, etc.? Do you try to make things more aesthetically pleasing, or are you fine with the way things originally are? Add in anything else you'd like to share with us.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    I ensure that I'm always looking in a mirror to keep my eye trained on the most aesthetically pleasing item in my house... okay no.

I think aesthetics are (looking at my room right now as I type this...) probably not very important to me. I like practical organised chaos and functionality over a fancy looking thing that may or may not function. As a result you will see messy sloppy looking creations from me. But they will work. It might look like someone ravaged my room but I know exactly where everything is. approximately.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
    How fond of aesthetics are you? Do you take into consideration the aesthetics of things around you, be it your profile design and colours, the colour of your username on the battle server if you go there, how things are placed in your room, around the house, in your garden, etc.? Do you try to make things more aesthetically pleasing, or are you fine with the way things originally are? Add in anything else you'd like to share with us.

This post was not pleasing to the eye. A little too small. :) Anyways, I'm a bit OCD. If I'm writing, I use the same four colors: green, black, blue, and red. They each serve different purposes. It pleases my eye. Aesthetics, if any , must be from the same color pallet. My room: tanish walls, black bookshelves, brown dresser, and black and brown desk. The door and carpet are white with the shades brown. In my opinion, everything works together smoothly.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Anyway, I suppose you could call me as some sort of an aesthetic nitpicker. I tend to focus on the little things that nobody would actually notice. I also have a certain affinity for symmetry, and it drives me crazy whenever something that should be symmetrical is not symmetrical. Aside from that, I like clean, simple designs that do not kill my eyes. I try to incorporate simple and compact designs into whatever I am working on, and I also tend to avoid having too much colours.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    When it comes to matters of self expression, like my profile, how I dress, or how I decorate my room, aesthetics matter a lot to me. I don't really go for perfection or anything, I just want it to properly express myself and my sense of style. But other than that it doesn't matter to me at all.

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
    Aesthetics you say? hmm....In Battlefield 4, I always want my gun to look cool, so I put every single attachment on it, even if it's useless. So my mtar would be really oversized xD

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I like aestehetics a lot. For some things it is a must, looking aesthetically, like my garden, an essay and other schoolwork and designs I make. My desk, on the other side, can be as messy as it could possibly be and I would not mind it as long as I can find everything I need. If I can't find something then I'll freak out and clean it upside down. Then the cycle continues.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm a very aesthetic person. I have to arrange things in a certain way, evenly distribute color, identical things need to either be symmetrical or posed exactly the same, the list goes on.

Years
    Everything besides a person's appearance, I find aesthetics to be quite important even though I consciously try not to consider them the utmost priority \: Personally, I'm always attracted to light, pastel colours, which are often used in my web designs, layouts, profiles, etc. In schoolwork, I try to keep fonts, headers, etc. matching, but that becomes hard when teachers want a certain format and font used. So I guess I would be pretty OCD, like BadPokemon mentioned, when it comes to aesthetics. Everything has to look a certain way for me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    They're very important. In public, that is. In my personal life, I couldn't really care less about aesthetics. But when I'm not in my bedroom, it matters a lot, both personally as well as with anything I have to deal with. People too, as much as I hate to say it. They don't have to be A++, Leonardo DiCaprio posh, or something like that, but they can't look like a hobo either. Is that harsh? Maybe a little, and I think I might have exaggerated how important it may be, but appearance does matter to me.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Aesthetics first and foremost, functionality second, and everything else comes after. On absolutely everything, including people.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
    I think function and ease of use is more important than aesthetics. Looking good is like the final touch to make something perfect but it isn't super important. If it works, its good enough for me.

Years
    It's interesting to think about colorful plants and plumage on birds. These are meant to be attractive, dare I say, instinctively beautiful. Humans carry similar meaning of aesthetic. For some reason or another we find certain things beautiful and others not, and though there is some difference in aesthetic among cultures, there are many similarities that transcend communication. Humans have always, in all societies, engaged in symbolic art, and seem to share a similar reverence to the beauty of nature. Cultures, divided geographically, shared many of the same standards of human beauty. Though often aesthetics are deemed merely cultural, there exists a tremendous deal of inherent intuition shared among the population at large.

Oh...I didn't answer the question. Aesthetics are important and do serve a variety of functions.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
    I don't really care about aesthetics or something like that really :/

I only possibly have pseudo-OCD, ergo I like to have things in my own order or arrangement
    also I like to keep my room tidied up if that counts

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    I do care about Aesthetics but more in the meaning of how i look personally. I take a shower every morning and take my clothes and my hair takes sooooo much time (in man time) like, 10 minutes to fix my hair? I was surprised too. But every hair must be in place or im gonna be gloom the whole morning :( . My room is exactly the opposite- My room is plain white with a white-ish closet and a white desk. The desk itself and the drawers are messy and full of stuff, right now as im typing there is a half bag of doritos, my wallet, my deordorent, some colones, my old calculator my DSI my GBA and of course the computer, which is the only thing on the desk that looks a bit normal. My bed right now is a mess too, my pillow is actually under the bed for some reason.

But hey, at least my hair is good :P

Years
    They're very important. In public, that is. In my personal life, I couldn't really care less about aesthetics. But when I'm not in my bedroom, it matters a lot, both personally as well as with anything I have to deal with. People too, as much as I hate to say it. They don't have to be A++, Leonardo DiCaprio posh, or something like that, but they can't look like a hobo either. Is that harsh? Maybe a little, and I think I might have exaggerated how important it may be, but appearance does matter to me.

Basically they have to look presentable when they're around you? And by personal life, do you mean your potential partners have to live up to a certain appearance standard? o: I know that's understandable for most people because even if we say that visuals aren't as important as personality or anything else, we as human beings instinctively are initially attracted to those who are attractive. Our impression can only then change once we delve deeper and learn more about the individual (: That's the way I see it at least. I'm the type of person to not bother giving a glance even to the most good looking people, but rather focus my attention on the average looking ones and progress into getting to know them better.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    At home, I don't really care. As long as it's there, I'm pleased. I like things to be neat, but not pitch perfect...as for my PC account...everything has to be perfect. My profile has to fit my avatar and signature, names have to be perfectly visible, it has to look absolutely lovely. That's what I aim for, loveliness. If I ever do bother to think about aesthetics, things that are just beautiful to me catch my eye instantly.

Colours. If it's pink, red or sky blue, you've got my eyes set on you.

Shhmew

Years
    Aesthetics are a huge part of everything I do. They're way more important to me than is healthy, normal, and convenient. ;l

When I had to send in my pink 3DS XL to get repaired, they told me they may have to replace it, in which case all they had was Red or Blue. I was NOT content with that, and felt extremely grateful that they were able to fix it rather than replace it. >.>

One of my favorite new features of X & Y is being able to customize your character. I have a perfectly matching black-lavender-pink theme going on, and when I started my game over the default outfit drove me CRAZY until I could finally piece together the same outfit again.

Also, I almost restarted my game again just because the yellow bike bothered me so much.

And, I almost purely like a pokemon for the way it looks. If it looks ugly or awkward to me, I'm not going to use it. I don't care how strong it is in battle; if it's not pleasing for me to look at, there's a 99.9% chance it will not be on my team.

I like making sure whatever theme I have on any given forums I visit looks nice and pretty, and I never like leaving anything default.

In real life, I get frustrated when I cook and the end result turns up looking wrong. Even if it tastes fine, I won't consider my cooking a success unless it looks pleasing at the end, too. Similarly, I have a hard time enjoying the food I'm eating if it looks bad.

Empty rooms kind of freak me out. I like it when they're decorated nicely.

I have the absolute WORST time showering in gross bathrooms. "Gross" by my standard could just mean the towels are weird and the walls are peeling. Unless a bathroom is spotless and well kept, I HATE showering in them, it makes me feel so gross and like the shower didn't accomplish anything. Which is extremely annoying.

Oddly, though, looks don't matter to me much when it comes to a person. As long as they have acceptable hygiene I couldn't care less what they look like. And I don't really care about my own appearance very much, I just care about staying clean. The only time I ever feel ugly is when I don't keep up hygiene stuff, like if I don't brush my teeth in the morning or don't take a shower for a few days or don't wear clean clothes or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yes in all areas of life besides the internet. Except when it comes to my tumblr because I am an actual psycho about that.

Back