• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    *sigh*

Unlike everyone else...
    I want contests to be WiFi. Though I did read something about some WiFi Pofin thing. (I guess that makes sense as the best Pofin can only be made with 4 people.)
    =3= Is there no one else who likes them?

Again I read something about an update on all WiFi stuff, so maybe~
    Don't be sad my friend, I'm a Coordinator... I do Contest and Super Contest, I make Poffins and Pokeblock... Which means I support the Super Contest to be Wi-Fi!! I wish they remain the Original Poffin Maker... But many people assume that the Swalot Poffin Maker will replace the old boo...

I like berries. I am a big fan of berries. I find most berries lengendary, such as; Leichi, Ganlon, Enigma...you know.

:16:
    I like them but they take too much time too grow...

Thanks.
    But it's happened before, the 8th gym leader going into E4, so it probably will happen again.
    You mean Wallace, the Contest Master? Well if they are doing that again, which means they are out of creative...
    =======================
    I wish there were Time Trial Battles... It would be fun...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is this a post trying to make it sound like fan sites are right no less? Whoever Serebii even sourced this "Coro Coro issue" from, for instance, got the Battle Frontier out wrong. (Anyone who can read Katakana decently would know that there's no such island, especially when the actual Coro Coro news released.)

Actually there is some sort of new battle frontier. Although I think it's called battle island, or something like that... But I'm not too much into contesets, and I only like those EV reducing berries to help me fix my mistakes with older poke's. If contests went WiFi, I would NEVER get another ribbon...

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • Is this a post trying to make it sound like fan sites are right no less? Whoever Serebii even sourced this "Coro Coro issue" from, for instance, got the Battle Frontier out wrong. (Anyone who can read Katakana decently would know that there's no such island, especially when the actual Coro Coro news released.)

Icicle Dance simply asked where it said Volkner was no longer Gym Leader and I simply posted where it was said. I never said this is 100% right or wrong and neither does Serebii or blue skY, if that is in fact the assumption you are getting.

Serebii.net said:
    It's entirely possible that this is not true, especcially as they themselves cast some doubt upon it,

Even though Serebii says blue skY has gotten information wrong, you can't deny that they did in fact get most of the information right. Platinum is a game in progress, both Giratina and Shaymin can change formes in the game, Underground is indeed Wi-Fi enabled, and even though the information may not had been released at the time, there is a new Battle Frontier.

Years
  • Icicle Dance simply asked where it said Volkner was no longer Gym Leader and I simply posted where it was said. I never said this is 100% right or wrong and neither does Serebii or blue skY, if that is in fact the assumption you are getting.

Even though Serebii says blue skY has gotten information wrong, you can't deny that they did in fact get most of the information right. Platinum is a game in progress, both Giratina and Shaymin can change formes in the game, Underground is indeed Wi-Fi enabled, and even though the information may not had been released at the time, there is a new Battle Frontier.

Yup, and is there any news on Giratina's little transforming thing to get it into Origin forme in our world?

True Justice

Years
  • Yup, and is there any news on Giratina's little transforming thing to get it into Origin forme in our world?

Unfortunately not, it will always be Origin Forme in Torn World and Another Forme in the normal world. I didn't know this before but it also represented in the 11th movie as well.

But there might be a way to get it into Origin Forme in the normal world. We just have to wait for the next Coro Coro or Pokemon Sunday.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2009
    Yup, and is there any news on Giratina's little transforming thing to get it into Origin forme in our world?

Yeah, there's a movie about Platinum and you see Giratina Transforming from forme to forme with some kinda Crystal....

True Justice

Years
  • Yeah, there's a movie about Platinum and you see Giratina Transforming from forme to forme with some kinda Crystal....

I always thought that was Giratina's Platinum shard glowing. Kinda like in The Rise of Darkrai, Dialga's Diamond on it's chest glows before unleashing Roar of Time and Palkia's Pearls on its shoulders glow before using Spacial Rend.

Years
  • Yeah, and I've heard that that thing was Giratina's potential morpher. There IS an item to do this, but I'm specifically looking for what it's called and how to obtain it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Icicle Dance simply asked where it said Volkner was no longer Gym Leader and I simply posted where it was said. I never said this is 100% right or wrong and neither does Serebii or blue skY, if that is in fact the assumption you are getting.
    Sorry for giving trouble to you...

True Justice

Years
  • Yeah, and I've heard that that thing was Giratina's potential morpher. There IS an item to do this, but I'm specifically looking for what it's called and how to obtain it.

Bulbapedia said:
    When captured in Pokémon Platinum, Giratina will be in its Origin Forme. If a Giratina captured in Pokémon Platinum is traded to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, it will change into the "Another Forme," much like Deoxys did when transferred among the Generation III games. However, the reverse is not true, as Giratina can appear in both forms in Platinum. Giratina will appear in Origin Forme while in the Torn World, and in Another Forme while out of it. It is unknown if there is an item to transform it to its Origin Forme outside of the Torn World.

The bold should help answer your question a lot.

EDIT:
    Sorry for giving trouble to you...

It's alright. No harm done. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    It's alright. No harm done. :)
    Good to hear that.
    Bulbapedia said:
    However, the reverse is not true, as Giratina can appear in both forms in Platinum. Giratina will appear in Origin Forme while in the Torn World, and in Another Forme while out of it. It is unknown if there is an item to transform it to its Origin Forme outside of the Torn World.
    Maybe the Origin Forme is exclusive to Mt.Coronet - Torn World, I mean. Does that mean we can't use the Origin Forme of Giratina in formal battles? Or is the situation still in confirming?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • ~*ChampionShirona*~ said:
    >PC Item system NEEDS TO RETURN. Because I do NOT like going down the HUGE item list.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I put all the "most usable" items on top, and the other ones on bottom (like Plates, Stones, Incenses, etc.)

Icicle Dance said:
    You got the point! Really, It takes time to scroll with the Pokeball... It's waste of time... Now I figure out why it's call setback...

Did you notice it goes faster when scrolling up? Also, when you press the select button, then scroll up via stylus-on-Pokeball, it goes ridiculously fast? Why isn't this all the time?

Years
  • Yep, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I put all the "most usable" items on top, and the other ones on bottom (like Plates, Stones, Incenses, etc.)

Did you notice it goes faster when scrolling up? Also, when you press the select button, then scroll up via stylus-on-Pokeball, it goes ridiculously fast? Why isn't this all the time?

Well, idk. The fast pokeball thing always gets me mad since i'd have to pick up an item.

~*Champion Shirona*~

砞砟砠砠촼촕촂吏
    Years
  • What I don't get is what the HECK are we going to do with Gartina's Origin forme in the Torn World. Surely I don't see any pokemon or gym leaders and other battle activities in the Torn World. There will be no point in having Gartina in origin forme when it's in the Torn World.....uinless there are pokemon in the Torn World. O.o. I ALSO HEARD there is a map of Torn World, could this mean that it must be really big.(I don't know where I heard this from. ^__-;) I really hope you can get Gartina in Origin Forme out of Torn world.

Years
  • What I don't get is what the HECK are we going to do with Gartina's Origin forme in the Torn World. Surely I don't see any pokemon or gym leaders and other battle activities in the Torn World. There will be no point in having Gartina in origin forme when it's in the Torn World.....uinless there are pokemon in the Torn World. O.o. I ALSO HEARD there is a map of Torn World, could this mean that it must be really big.(I don't know where I heard this from. ^__-;) I really hope you can get Gartina in Origin Forme out of Torn world.

You can. There's an unidentified item. Also, Zero MIGHT be in the Torn World. I also hope SRing works for Giratina and other legends in this game...

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, so everytime I find item I press select button to find things more faster...

What I don't get is what the HECK are we going to do with Gartina's Origin forme in the Torn World. Surely I don't see any pokemon or gym leaders and other battle activities in the Torn World. There will be no point in having Gartina in origin forme when it's in the Torn World.....uinless there are pokemon in the Torn World. O.o. I ALSO HEARD there is a map of Torn World, could this mean that it must be really big.(I don't know where I heard this from. ^__-;) I really hope you can get Gartina in Origin Forme out of Torn world.

Yeah... I also wonder that...

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • 1. Τhe map thing in platinum for the torn world is acually from either may or june cause i read it saying a special map for the new torld world!
    2. Champion shirona is right and wrong. Yes for now it seems usless to have a pokemon exclusive to the torn world but for now. Cause it could be only a small section showed. The torn world could in fact be sinnoh distorted with towns and routes and everything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back