• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) Wi-Fi Tournament

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Pocket Monsters (Pokémon) Wi-Fi Tournament

Main host: World King
    Hosts: Alakazam17 (credit for this post goes to him), Wolflare (credit for the awesome banner above goes to him).
    Staff-belonging supervisor: Aurafire

Hey there people. For the PokéCommunity Get-together, I'm in charge of hosting a Pokémon Wi-Fi Tournament taking place during that time period. Since the Get-together will start this friday the 13th (ooh, quite ironically scary. xD) and last only 4 days, I need to get the participants before that day. So, if you're interested in joining, and will be active during this weekend, feel free to post, to let us know.​

Ok, just in case, here are the rules and all that:​

Wi-Fi Battle Tournament Rules

• Given the time restraints for this get-together (which unfortunately will only be 4 days: from Friday 13 to Monday 16), this will not be a traditional elimination tournament. Instead, we'll be holding a massive round robin, where you can battle as many different people as you want! So if you lose your battle, you're not out! Just keep on fighting other trainers and see who can attain the highest score!
    • Everyone starts with 0 points. Winning a battle gives you 1 point, losing gives you no points, and a draw will result in both parties receiving 1 point, but only draws that were inevitable (i.e. KOing the opponent's last Pokémon, but the attacker faints by recoil damage [Life Orb, Double-Edge, Flare Blitz, Wood Hammer, volt Tackle, Brave Bird, etc] ending in a tie).​
    • You can have Uber, OU, UU, and NU battles, in addition to Singles and Doubles matches. You have to try to battle everyone else in the tournament at least once (don't worry if you don't; you still must try, however) and only your first battle of any tier will count for points, with a maximum of three points obtainable from defeating the same person. For example, say Sam defeats Bob in Ubers, Doubles, OU, and NU, then Bob defeats Sam in OU and UU. Even though she defeated Bob four times, Sam will only get 3 points. And since Bob lost his first OU match to Sam, only his win in UU will count, giving him 1 point.​
    • Both you and your opponent must post in this thread relaying your results. This way I can record the results with litter repercussion.​
    • There will be a leader board at the bottom of this post, which I will be updating frequently.​
    • On the final day of the get together (it being this Monday 16), the top four scorers will be selected and entered into a semi-final. This will work like a normal elimination tournament, with the champion crowned soon thereafter.​
    Battling Etiquette
    • You must have either Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver, with Wi-Fi capabilities to enter.​
    • You can use any but the following Pokémon in non-Uber battles (if you have Uber battles, you can use any of the below stated Pokémon):​

Mewtwo, Mew, Wynaut, Wobbuffet, Lugia, Ho-oh, Salamence, Latios, Latias, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Manaphy, Sky Forme Shaymin, Darkrai, Arceus
    • We follow Smogon's tiers, which you can see here.
    • All basic clauses will be in effect. That's Sleep, Evasion, OHKO, Hax Item, and Species Clauses:​

Sleep Clause: No two Pokemon of the same side should be asleep at the same time. Exceptions being Rest, and "no other choice" situations(ie. Effect Spore ability, or getting Encored on Hypnosis). Also of note is that while allowed in the singles, the use of Dark Void in a doubles match is not.

Evasion Clause: No use of moves that alter the ability to hit with attacks. This includes Flash, Double Team, & Sand-Attack. This does not include Acupressure and Metronome, which could randomly increase evasiveness.

OHKO Clause: No using Guillotine, Horn Drill, Fissure, or Sheer Cold. Destiny Bond and Perish Song are allowed, however; but if used by the user's last Pokémon on the foe's last Pokémon as a means to tie, the user loses [The same rule goes for Explosion and Selfdestruct].​

Hax Item Clause: No using hold items that rely on luck. Hax Items include Lax Incense, King's Rock, Brightpowder, Razor Claw, Scope Lens, and Quick Claw.​

Species Clause: No two Pokemon of the same species on the same team. This does not apply to those in the same evolutionary line(ie. you can't have two Rampardos, but you can have an Rampardos and a Cranidos).​

• All battles should be set to Level 100.
    • Please respect your fellow battlers. That means no flaming or spamming, or insulting your opponents. We are supposed to have fun here, so don't go ruining it for everyone else.​
    • If two people have conflicting results, BOTH will be disqualified. Anyone found lying, cheating, and/or hacking will be disqualified from the tournament and all their points forfeited.​
    • Last and not least, just kick as many butts as possible and try not to get kickd that often.​
    Leaderboard
    • World King - 10 (those without a score have 0 points)​
    • Alakazam17 - 3​
    • polkop - 21​
    • SkythurBathandBeyond151​
    • Recontra1234 - 6​
    • Gamer2020​
    • I Date Flaffy's​
    • Ikuto​
    • juxto​
    • Rabid Ditto3 8​
    • XDLugia - 4​
    • pokemonleaguechamp - 1​
    • shroud - 3​
    • psychicboy​
    • altariaking - 1​
    • luigimario94​
    • MEGAS - 15​
    • Kip - 1​
    • nmorr​
    • shuichixryuichi​
    • Flandre Scarlet - 3​
    • jigglypuff8 - 5​
    • ILoveCally​
    • shot571 - 2​
    • Magmaruby and Aquasapphire - 2​
    • FreakyLocz14 - 1​
    • asdg​
    • twistedpuppy​
    • Crazyhand - 6​
    • elitetrainer​
    • termina123​
    • wert5679​
    • Jin-Roh - 3​
    • 2dragonmager​
    • yung_link​
    • Vnusaur​

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    How did you end up the main host? XD

I'll be joining this. May the best battlers win! :D

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Me and MEGAS had 4 single battle today.
    result:
    Single NU battle: 2-0 for MEGAS
    Single UU battle: 5-0 for MEGAS
    Single OU battle: 4-1 for polkop (Megas fled)
    Single Uber battle: 3-0 for MEGAS

SO, that makes 3 points for MEGAS and 1 for me.

ILoveCally

Finally starting Masuda Method
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2010
    I'd love to join. i'll have wifi for a bt before i go out. But there aren't any spots left.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    I'm sorry for the delay, people. I'll have that thread updated soon.

Ok, for starters; once you post saying you'll join, don't wait for me to add your name; go ahea and start battling as many participants as you can. Remember; you have 'till monday to gather as many points as possible to get in the top 4 for the semifinal. So post, and kick butts!

PS: I'll also be hanging around here for a while, so if you want a Tourney battle, send me a VM and let me know.

shot571

lets go again King. Hope I can do better than last time.:rambo:

Back