• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: PokéCommunity Daily

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Hi all!

We're a bit over a month on since Daily's launch. We're still testing the waters and finding our feet in a sense, and further update designs are to be implemented down the track. That said I'd also say there's been some good work started as well imo.

I'd like to invite you to give feedback on how Daily is progressing, good or bad. For instance, what do you think of the articles put out so far? The process of article pitching? The Daily pages themselves? The writer hiring process announced recently? Is there anything else that comes to mind?

Please share any feedback you have, as if we don't hear it, we don't get the chance to improve on it.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm really loving the variety of the articles that appear on Daily. The balance is a little too much shifted to the news side, but looking at the number of other articles proposed/greenlit in the Daily section I think it's perfectly fine. There's only one small difficulty that comes in to my mind: people aren't really notified when a new article is uploaded. On PC's front page, there's a shortcut to the most recent blog entry, but for Daily there's nothing. I'm in for either adding a field for Daily there or, what would be even better, allowing subscriptions with an e-mail address, so that new articles appear in your inbox as soon as they're up.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i honestly think it is awesome that you guys took this big step and created this blog/website.
    It is sexy, it is fun and cute and makes your forum looks kinda pro really.

Also, i like it that when viewed on mobile, the layout is responsive, makes it extra pleasant for some ;)​

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm really loving the variety of the articles that appear on Daily. The balance is a little too much shifted to the news side, but looking at the number of other articles proposed/greenlit in the Daily section I think it's perfectly fine.
    Yeah, hopefully we will get more article ideas over the coming months. Slowly but steadily!
    There's only one small difficulty that comes in to my mind: people aren't really notified when a new article is uploaded. On PC's front page, there's a shortcut to the most recent blog entry, but for Daily there's nothing. I'm in for either adding a field for Daily there or, what would be even better, allowing subscriptions with an e-mail address, so that new articles appear in your inbox as soon as they're up.
    Fair point. I think there may be some plans to down the track make the latest Daily articles be more visible, but that requires some coding by admins.
    i honestly think it is awesome that you guys took this big step and created this blog/website
    It is sexy, it is fun and cute and makes your forum looks kinda pro really

Also, i like it that when viewed on mobile, the layout is responsive, makes it extra pleasant for some ;)​
    Cheers, Pebbles! Agree that it looks nice on mobile - in fact a minor bug for the site (already fixed, was really minor and to do with a cover image) didn't affect the mobile version which is something neat to know I suppose.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • I think that thread approval could happen a bit more efficiently, with less things getting lost in the shuffle (my articles), but beyond that everything seems nice.

EDIT:
    I'm really loving the variety of the articles that appear on Daily. The balance is a little too much shifted to the news side, but looking at the number of other articles proposed/greenlit in the Daily section I think it's perfectly fine. There's only one small difficulty that comes in to my mind: people aren't really notified when a new article is uploaded. On PC's front page, there's a shortcut to the most recent blog entry, but for Daily there's nothing. I'm in for either adding a field for Daily there or, what would be even better, allowing subscriptions with an e-mail address, so that new articles appear in your inbox as soon as they're up.
    This. All of it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I think that thread approval could happen a bit more efficiently, with less things getting lost in the shuffle (my articles), but beyond that everything seems nice.
    That's actually been on my mind to discuss with the rest of Daily's staff. We do need to be a little more organized when it comes to seeing what threads still need to be looked at by staff.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    That's actually been on my mind to discuss with the rest of Daily's staff. We do need to be a little more organized when it comes to seeing what threads still need to be looked at by staff.
    Maybe add "Approval (0/2)" (or QC aka quality control) to all thread titles to show how many staff have approved it so far.

Back