• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[WIP] PokéCommunity League Championship II: Finals Battle Analysis

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Charlie Brown seems to have taken up this series. Archy offered me to co-write it with him a few weeks ago, but he quit Daily staff so I assume that's no longer a thing. Still, I'd like to collaborate with Charlie Brown in future articles, unless he's acting as a placeholder.

Anyway, my plan is to provide analysis on one or more of the battles from the finals (mostly Nolafus vs. Castform). The finals are over now, but Christos and I intend to battle post-deadline just for fun. That might be worth covering too. After that any past battles from previous rounds or the previous offseason could be covered in a separate recap article until the new offseason starts.

I think player interviews would work better as a separate article series, so expect to see that posted in the Daily Workshop soon.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I mainly acted as a placeholder. I don't mind doing interviews but I'm not sure how much help I'd be with battle analyses since I don't battle competitively myself. But if you can work out a way for us to collaborate with my limited knowledge then I'd be keen to do so.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Small update to say that I haven't forgotten about this. I'll have more time early next week to start on the article.
    I mainly acted as a placeholder. I don't mind doing interviews but I'm not sure how much help I'd be with battle analyses since I don't battle competitively myself. But if you can work out a way for us to collaborate with my limited knowledge then I'd be keen to do so.
    Interviews shouldn't require much battling knowledge, so you're welcome to do those if you're interested! A while back I made some base questions:

Favorite Pokémon:
    Most used Pokémon:
    Favorite playstyle:
    Favorite metagame:
    Where did you get your username from?
    How did you come across the PokéCommunity?
    How did you get into competitive battling?
    Is there an underrated Pokémon that you believe deserves more attention?
    Do you have any advice for players who are new to competitive battling?
    Finally, is there a team that you could show us that reflects your playstyle that is a good fit for this metagame with a brief explanation of how it works?

Might post some more questions later. Followup questions in response to answers could be done too, as well as a few off-topic ones.

Back