• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PTCGO: PokéCommunity September 2016 Pokémon TCG Tournament

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
  • Lost to Geras in a series that could have gone either way tbh

1st match he got about 4 topdecks in a row to take his last few prizes
    2nd match my deck decided to work for once and it was kinda a slaughter
    3rd match I conceded after not seeing one energy in the top 20 cards of a 20-energy deck

GGs, Really hope to have this matchup again in the playoffs, it was quite fun.

EDIT: Lost first match to Storm-Fury as well because I'm bad. But I also finished my Yanmega deck (minus two Shaymin and a ton of trainers).

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • For everybody, I live in the PST (PDT) timezone, and my free time would most likely be:

Monday 2 PM to 6:45 PM,
    Tuesday & Thursday 7 PM to roughly about 2 AM (can go later, if needed),
    Wednesday should be free all day until 10 PM,
    and all day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

All of these time fall under PST/PDT so message me when times are good for you, and I'll fill in a schedule :P

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Lost to Reject 2-0

Games 1 and 2: Bullcrap draws. I run 11 basics, plus 2 Level Balls, 3 Ultras, 6 hand refresh, and 4 hard draw cards. I saw a total of one of the above in 20 cards. Second game I managed to get set up, but it took me 10 turns (that deck's average set up turns is 1.3).

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Big trouble with getting it to work on my pc, and my laptop is currently not available, so sadly I'll have to resign :'(

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Depending on the issue, I may be able to help you to get it working.

I'm going home tomorrow, I might try to get it working there. The issue should be fixed by a reinstall, but it seems it isn't working even after that.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Big trouble with getting it to work on my pc, and my laptop is currently not available, so sadly I'll have to resign :'(
    Depending on the issue, I may be able to help you to get it working.

If you are locked on the tutorial on a newer (post 2012) HP computer, than make a new account and skip the tutorial, as it crashes on new HPs due to there not being enough dedicated video memory on them (which is reasonable given dedicated video memory is redundant)]

Anyway, I got my laptop back, so my schedule is back online.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If you are locked on the tutorial on a newer (post 2012) HP computer, than make a new account and skip the tutorial, as it crashes on new HPs due to there not being enough dedicated video memory on them (which is reasonable given dedicated video memory is redundant)]

Anyway, I got my laptop back, so my schedule is back online.

I can't get even to the launcher, but I'm past the tutorial already. I don't know what made this happen, honestly.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years

• After doing a little research and almost putting this card in my deck, I would request that Ninja Boy (STS 103) be banned from the tournament due to a bug that bans it from matchmade modes anyway. I imagined it would be nothing much, until I looked for the effects of the bug and realized what it currently does.

Ninja Boy, when working properly, allows you to trade a Basic Pokemon in play for one in your deck, moving energy, damage counters, special conditions, and "all effects" on the original Pokemon to the new one. The bug means that currently Ninja Boy moves ALL effects and then those become terribly messed up too. For example, if you swap a Shaymin EX out, I have heard that it tries to proc Set Up every turn for as long as the new pokemon is out. This is why I think it should be banned, but I'm letting the host choose

Years
  • After doing a little research and almost putting this card in my deck, I would request that Ninja Boy (STS 103) be banned from the tournament due to a bug that bans it from matchmade modes anyway. I imagined it would be nothing much, until I looked for the effects of the bug and realized what it currently does.

Ninja Boy, when working properly, allows you to trade a Basic Pokemon in play for one in your deck, moving energy, damage counters, special conditions, and "all effects" on the original Pokemon to the new one. The bug means that currently Ninja Boy moves ALL effects and then those become terribly messed up too. For example, if you swap a Shaymin EX out, I have heard that it tries to proc Set Up every turn for as long as the new pokemon is out. This is why I think it should be banned, but I'm letting the host choose

Wait, so that's not banned from friendly matches?

I'm going to go put that as a specifically banned card. Along with Shiftry and Lysandre's Trump Card.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • Ninja Boy isn't banned from friendlies or Theme formats. The former because it isn't inherently overpowered and if your friends are OK with you using in then why not, and the latter because neither STS Theme Deck can use any of the broken combos

Oh, and I lost to Storm-Fury 1-2. Game 1 happened earlier, game 2 I got Yanmegas up, Game 3 he played Garbodor. I then opened a pack and drew a Startling Megaphone, which is now in my deck.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Finally got access to my parent's pc, on which the client does work. Downside, I'm only at my parents place for a very short timeframe, so I don't think I'll be able to compete. I'll sadly have to forfeit :'(

Back