• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2016
    Well today was depressing. Many of you probably don't know this, but I occasionally watch video uploads of my hack's play-through. I don't do it because I'm that self-absorbed, I do it so I can see people's opinions, and also to see them pointing out the problems/mistakes in the game (e.g. grammar, the part they don't like, etc). That way, I can fix the problems in my future updates. In most videos, it's fine. People pointing out the mistake, I'll go and fix it. But today, I've watched several videos from one uploader, and it was pretty upsetting. It took me by surprise because I've been following his videos in the past, and it's not really his fault, I guess.

Anyway, so basically the video was complaining about the grammar. Okay, I'm okay with that. I just went back to the hack, and start fixing the grammar and punctuation there. Then I decided to read the comments. I don't know, I guess I was kinda prepared for it, but no matter how prepared I am, the comments really made me angry at first, then it made sad. Then it made me cry as I read on. The comments are filled with insults at my grammar and punctuation.

e.g.
    * This creator is ****ing stupid.
    * Someone should ship his ass back to China.
    * If the creator took a dip in a lake, he'll turn it into an ocean.
    * Aethestode's friend probs killed himself (herself btw) because he couldn't handle his Engrish anymore.
    * Is Aethestode's parents mentally retarded? (parents died when I was 5 and was raised by my aunt, so I wouldn't know)

Okay, I admit it. I'm not good with English. However, I've never said I was good at it. I never denied that my English sucks either. In fact, I've always acknowledged it. That's why when people points out my grammar/spelling mistakes, I'll go and fix them. However, calling me stupid/retarded or saying stuffs like "shipping me back to China" or poking fun at my dead friend is really over the line (Note: To the person who called me stupid. Least I'm smart enough to make a hack, graduate from university, get a job as an engineer and have a house. Using nothing but my own money). Then seeing people replying to that comment, agreeing and laughing hurts a lot more. Another thing is, it's a lot easier to read other people's text and point out grammar, spelling and punctuation mistakes. It's a lot harder to proofread your own work because your mind subconsciously skips the errors. Therefore, when you see spelling mistakes and stuff, that doesn't mean I didn't proof read my work.

Then there's people in the comment section who is painting me like I'm some sort of demon who lashes out at people when they suggest something. However, that's not true. I may lash out at people when they suggest something while acting entitled, but I've always taken people suggestion in consideration. For example, I've took the judge's opinion by fixing up the game's graphic and stuffs. When people point out grammar mistakes in my screenshots, I go and fix it. When people ask for certain megas (e.g. Machamp, Johto starters, etc), I go and add them.

I don't know, I guess it's just depressing that you try so hard to do something... You used two years of your life, working on a project (not getting paid at all), risk damaging your health, etc, trying to make people happy, only to have them painting you as a bad person who only cares about himself. It's just really depressing. People who were with me from the beginning would know that in these two years that there's been a lot of problems in my life, but I've simply brushed through them trying to complete the hack. E.g.

* Friend dying
    * juggling 3 jobs and university
    * Trying to pay the mortgage
    * Broken arm.
    * Breaking up with my partner.
    * Getting pneumonia and actually got admitted to the hospital.
    * Dog nearly dying from two collapsed Larynges.

Anyway, yeah. Just want to express my feelings.

Do what you love and ignore the haters Aethestode you are a wonderful human being who despite all the pain and suffering in your life made this amazing adventure for us, letting us experience the manga and anime on a gaming level.
    I personally craved a game like this and you made it possible. From the bottom of my heart thank you man you are the best and i know this is late but Happy Birthday to you Aethestode and may good things come to your life, many many good things since you've done good here.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2017
    Aethestode, This hack has been one of my favorites yet. Can't wait till more is done and can continue the story!

Random question. For Mac, which is the best Emulator to use? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2017
    where do you go to nickname your pokemon because when i got aero it just gave me the aerodactyl without letting me nickname it and because i want to be as close to the manga as possible i was wondering if there's a place to nickname your pokemon?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    I love this hack so far. I was curious if there is a pokemon location list somewhere, and an evolution guide? I heard that bulbasaur does not evolve till level 28, and I am sure there are other changes. I was thinking about adding a growlithe to my party, but don't want to if there might be a fire pokemon through an event right around the corner. I just finished the lavender town portion of the game. Thank you for you time.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2022
    I love this hack so far. I was curious if there is a pokemon location list somewhere, and an evolution guide? I heard that bulbasaur does not evolve till level 28, and I am sure there are other changes. I was thinking about adding a growlithe to my party, but don't want to if there might be a fire pokemon through an event right around the corner. I just finished the lavender town portion of the game. Thank you for you time.

there is a location doc for beta 9.1 at www.mediafire.com/view/dfy4cx1oaq346iq/Pokemon_Locations.docx
    However I think that Aethestode removed the link since then cause it was not updated to the new locations and such that were made in subsequent updates.
    there really isn't an event fire type you get in game that I know of, unless you want to count eevee that you'll meet soon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    Hi! I'm playing beta11e right now in my mobile phone using myboy emulator. Just finished the Hamlin island event. I already have the aurora ticket, orre ticket and johto ticket. The problem is that every time I go to orre region or johto from the blimp, the whole area will just turn blue static (or something like that) and I'll be stuck on one tile forever. Is it because I'm using android not a PC or something else? Dunno how to solve the problem.

Pls help!

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2016
    Hi! I'm playing beta11e right now in my mobile phone using myboy emulator. Just finished the Hamlin island event. I already have the aurora ticket, orre ticket and johto ticket. The problem is that every time I go to orre region or johto from the blimp, the whole area will just turn blue static (or something like that) and I'll be stuck on one tile forever. Is it because I'm using android not a PC or something else? Dunno how to solve the problem.

Pls help!

How did you complete the Hamlim Island event? I get to a room with a hole that says I need the clipped wings to continue. How do I obtain them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Lavender Chapter completed
    New Bonus Chapter (Relic Beast) completed

Can you show a screenshot please ?
    You can add this form of Pichu?
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Can you change the Rocket Uniform ?

Thank you for the good work.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2018
    How did you complete the Hamlim Island event? I get to a room with a hole that says I need the clipped wings to continue. How do I obtain them?

Actually I never encountered that clipped wings thingy. After you finish the event in the orange league and defeated drake at the summit. You will return at pallet town and blue will talk to you about Carly and the Hamlin island. Just go past pumello island and the prison island impel down. Just go pass up. Once you entered the cave where you see Carly. Just defeat her and you will proceed to the next door and the next, and the next til you get to the last door where you'll fight Carly again for the last time. PS. You should get the pokeball pass the rock that can be removed with rocksmash coz that's the johto region ticket. Sorry for the bad English. Just ask me if you have any other question. I'll just rerun the game from there.

Last edited:

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Okay, I forgot to include screenshots last time. Here's the screenshots.

Lavender Tower Chapter

Bonus Chapter - Relic Beast

Bonus Chapter - Blue's Tale #1

Anyway, basically, for Blue Tale #1. You can play as Blue for a short while. After the Bike Contest Chapter, you'll get an option whether you want to play as Blue during his time in Lavender Town, or you can simply choose to skip it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2019
    Guys can you help me? Just finished defeating carly with darkrai, what should I do next? Can't seem to find the clipped wing or whatsoever, and what will trigger in fuchsia city when the letter says fuchsia city has been terrorized or something, and lastly how can I battle bruno? He just appeared in a scene where lorelei and him are in a cave. Sorry for many questions. :(

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Okay, since Beta 12 is going to take a while and many things were changed from Beta 11 to Beta 12. Therefore, I guess I'll explain somethings in Beta 11 and some original plans.

Let's start with somethings that nearly made it in Beta 11...

1) Kyurem is catchable in Beta 11. He is catchable in the Ice Cavern in Sevii Island. However, to make Kyurem appear, you'll need to complete the "Past Arc" which was never completed. Therefore, if you want to capture Kyurem, you can try to change the flag around to trigger Kyurem's appearance in the Ice Cavern.

2) Zygarde is catachable in Beta 11. In Hamlim Island, one of this stone tablet states it needs the "clipped wings". The clipped wings being Xerneas and Yveltal. However, since Xerneas and Yveltal isn't catchable, there's no way to entering the room where Zygarde resides. Therefore, if you're able to cheat your way into the room, then you can catch Zygarde.

3) Rayquaza is catchable in Mount Pyre. However, since the path to Mount Pyre is blocked off, you're not able to get to him. Furthermore, you're also able to get the Green Orb, Red Orb and Blue Orb from Mount Pyre. (Therefore, if you want to capture Rayquaza, try to cheat your way to Mount Pyre).

4) Volcanion IS catchable in the game. Just go find it.

5) The Swords of Justice is also catchable.

6) Cressalia and Darkrai are also catchable.

Somethings that was planned for Beta 11, but now changed for Beta 12.
    1) Zygarde was going to be just a normal legendary Pokemon that you unlock and catch. However, I've decided to give it a bigger role for the Johto Chapter arc in Beta 12.
    2) Deoxys were just a bonus legendary that you can catch in Birth Island. Now he's the star of the Sevii Island arc.
    3) Sevii Islands will have an actual plot (FireRed Chapter)
    4) Rayquaza was originally going to be catchable in Mount Pyre after bringing Groudon and Kyogre to the place. This is going to be changed, as I want Rayquaza to have a bigger role in the Hoenn Region arc.
    5) Groudon and Kyogre are no longer catchable in Kanto Region and Orange Archipelago. They are going to be catchable in Hoenn Region during storyline.
    6) Shamouti Islands Chapter can only be played after the Nanomi Region arc. This is because Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are going to be heavily featured in the Nanomi Region arc.
    7) Mew was originally catchable at the end of the Orange Archipelago arc at Pallet Forest. However, seeing how Mew was the driving force of Red's storyline, it felt kinda anti-climatic. Therefore, there's going to be a chapter that focuses on Mew.
    8) Lugia was originally catchable during the Shamouti Island chapter. This is still the same, but there's some prerequisites to unlock Lugia now. You'll need to finish the Cerise Island event (Yellow Chapter) and Nanomi Region arc (Green Chapter) first.
    9) Celebi was originally going to be catchable in the "Past Arc", but this was changed since Celebi is going to be heavily featured in the Johto Region arc.
    10) Volcanion, in beta 11, was just a bonus legendary that you find and catch. However, this is gonna be changed in Beta 12 where there's a little storyline featuring it.

Guys can you help me? Just finished defeating carly with darkrai, what should I do next? Can't seem to find the clipped wing or whatsoever, and what will trigger in fuchsia city when the letter says fuchsia city has been terrorized or something, and lastly how can I battle bruno? He just appeared in a scene where lorelei and him are in a cave. Sorry for many questions. :(

1) The clipped wings is a bonus chapter that features Zygarde. The chapter isn't completed for Beta 11.

2) Nothing triggers in Fuchsia City. What happens is that the City looks a bit different, and people talks differently. It's also to introduce Janine into the game.

3) To fight Bruno, head to Pewter City. You'll see a small entrance to leads up to the mountain that was originally blocked by Brock's guards.

Years
  • Okay, I forgot to include screenshots last time. Here's the screenshots.

Lavender Tower Chapter

Bonus Chapter - Relic Beast

Bonus Chapter - Blue's Tale #1

Anyway, basically, for Blue Tale #1. You can play as Blue for a short while. After the Bike Contest Chapter, you'll get an option whether you want to play as Blue during his time in Lavender Town, or you can simply choose to skip it.

Nice Update man I didn't think we could play as blue in some forum even as a bonus chapter thank man I really the idea that so original hoping to more tales maybe with green :) anyways keep up the amazing work. Have a nice day

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Hey Aethestode, huge fan, one if my all time favorite hacks. Obviously I'm super excited for beta 12, and will wait as long as it takes. That said, just curious, do you maybe have an eta on when it will be completed? Thanks in advance!

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Its been a months since I saw all your progress. Now I just visit here to see whats going on now. Keep it up Aethestode. ;)

Aethestode

Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hey Aethestode, huge fan, one if my all time favorite hacks. Obviously I'm super excited for beta 12, and will wait as long as it takes. That said, just curious, do you maybe have an eta on when it will be completed? Thanks in advance!

Nope. I'm not going to give a deadline.

Back