• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    So stupid question time:

Has the Move Relearner's location been changed from Lavender Town? Or have I failed to hit a flag of some sort that'll send him there? I'd check the walkthrough linked here, but its been deleted.

It is rare that he is not there as he is only not there twice when he first arrived at Lavender Town and during Team Rocket's invasion of Saffron City.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2020
    So i just finished BETA 15 and it was amazing, best rom hack i ever played. Story was amazing and i got addicted to the characters, the end was so sad i almost cried.
    But i was not really satisfied with the ending. I was wondering if there will be a beta 16 release that continues the main story,can someone confirm this?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    So i just finished BETA 15 and it was amazing, best rom hack i ever played. Story was amazing and i got addicted to the characters, the end was so sad i almost cried.
    But i was not really satisfied with the ending. I was wondering if there will be a beta 16 release that continues the main story,can someone confirm this?
    The pictures posted in the last few pages of the thread showing progress on the Decolore Archipelago can.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2022
    Hi can i check if all the pokemon have all of their normal and hidden abilities? In addition. I noticed some unobtainable Pokemon abilities are incorrect/missing such as haxorus/zekrom/reshiram having intimidate, Salamence only has intimidate as its ability and mo moxie available etc,... Will all these be corrected in future?

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
    So, gonna say this now:

The Kanto segment was good. The Orange Islands try way too hard to be dark and edgy with character deaths abound. A bunch of it was unnecessary, and the treatment of the rivals there is just George R.R. Martin levels of cruel and pointless. And wasted potential for one in particular. Adventures was dark, but it wasn't ever THIS bad. The grimdark content in its sidequests was acceptable due to their nature of being optional, but its a whole different story when that darkness starts seeping into the main plot too much. And that sort of writing just gets depressing and isolating FAST.

As for the design, Kanto was compact and renown enough to negate the necessity of Fly and a proper map. OG is a mess of small, mostly similar-looking islands and lack of proper direction for more than one point in the plot, on top of a lack of a teleporter until an hour or so into them. Its headache-inducing to look at and dwell on for thirty minutes straight. After Rudy's gym in particular is brain-wracking due to the number of islands unlocked by then. At the very least, a map for them should be developed first and foremost.

The hack itself is honestly solid outside of those issues. Its just that those flaws in particular get INCREDIBLY evident and rear their ugly head once you hit the islands. I'm really hoping that an update to address both comes before any major content expansions.

#JusticeForPink

Speaking of. Stop. That's going way too off the rails into grimdark territory.

Last edited:

~HOSEKI~

imuststayunknown
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2021
    Whenever I'm about to teleport, (usually from kinkan island) it always ends up getting stuck on the screen. Like after Red teleported, instead of having a black screen, it stays on its place
    But thankfully, I always save my game before teleporting to other places.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I noticed some unobtainable Pokemon abilities are incorrect/missing such as haxorus/zekrom/reshiram having intimidate, Salamence only has intimidate as its ability and mo moxie available etc,... Will all these be corrected in future?
    Probably. None of those Pokémon are obtainable legitimately in this hack atm, so their base stats have not been adjusted.
    Any idea when it will come out? im really hyped to see the storyline after reds mom died
    Please read the FAQ before asking any questions.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2020
    By the way is saw some pictures of blue asking red if he wanna hang out more. is this scene in the game or is it meant for future updates because i have never seen this scene in my entire playthrough. I would like if red and blue came together otherwise pink's death would be kinda pointless

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    By the way is saw some pictures of blue asking red if he wanna hang out more. is this scene in the game or is it meant for future updates because i have never seen this scene in my entire playthrough. I would like if red and blue came together otherwise pink's death would be kinda pointless
    The bonus chapter involving dates shown in a few pics is currently not available in the hack.

NotDWaddler

You're goin' straight to Gensokyo, Jimbo.
    Years
    As an extension of that earlier post, there's also a number of bugs poking their heads in with the Orange islands arc. At the point I'm at, they are:

-The beta Pichu/Pikachu cannot be obtained. The NPC only dispenses the text after receiving it upon being spoken to.

-One Nurse Joy in the second duplicate Nurse Joy sidequest outright causes the game to close itself. It doesn't matter if you talk to them yourself or get seen, it just causes the game to crash on sight. No dialogue, no battle initiation, nothing.

Also, less of a glitch note, but more of a possible design oversight: the GO sidequest can potentially be lost forever if not completed before the OI arc's completion. Writing issues for that particular point aside, points of no return just suck. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn has shown me that all too well.

Years
    Heyy I'm u new user I was playing the game and quack my girl pink died that was so sad i literally had tears in my eyes i know it's just a game i shouldn't be that connected to plot but still,it was cause maybe she reminds me of someone in my life and yeah i know u did that cause u wanna put Red with blue or maybe yellow in future but i guess pink could've a good waifu too and I know that too that u guys have to maintain story with manga but plzzzzzzz plzzzzzzz can ya guys do something about it like reviving her or something?? I now game is in beta stage so u can write story according to urself so plzzz if u can I know u want a good story with it too so I have an idea how about when Red meets celebi and they get along be good friends and then uses celebi to correct his past mistakes like saving pink it'll be quite unexpected and a good and unique plot for the game and I know it'll please many players out there PLZZ for ur fans.i know I'm just a fanboy having no right to say developer's what to do that's why I'm just begging for it if u can just do anything about her i just dunno why i love that charector a lot and even if u dont wanna patch Red with her atleast u can revive her

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    Hi, Lunos and comunity.
    Does the dream orb dissappear after use? I managed to get Gorochu but the dream orb just faded. It isn't neither in the bag nor with any pokemon.

And, in regards of new evolutions, is there a way of knowing how to evolve to certain forms (I mean beta/regional variations). Apart from Gorochu, I only managed to get a Gastropede with the link stone on Shellder. However I don´t have the faintest idea of how to get Turban. I tried using the link stone on Shellder while holding the region and dream orbs, upgrading a level with the same items, etc, and using the water stone, but still don't know what else to do,

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Does the dream orb dissappear after use? I managed to get Gorochu but the dream orb just faded. It isn't neither in the bag nor with any pokemon.
    Yes, just like any other evolution method involving items.
    And, in regards of new evolutions, is there a way of knowing how to evolve to certain forms (I mean beta/regional variations).
    There isn't a guide or a simple way to check that information, so not really. It's a matter of testing things around.
    I don´t have the faintest idea of how to get Turban.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2021
    Hey do you think you could update the walkthrough file? It's currently unavailable and it could be very helpful, especially for the bonus chapters.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2020
    Red chapters Help!

I am having a really hard time figuring out what to do after you obtain the Crystal Onix from the Sunburst Islands. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Years
    Okay, I need to say this, I never even bother with commenting on threads like this, although I do use them a lot. It needs to be said, I've played dozens of hacks, and this, is by far the BEST i have ever played. You have done absolutely amazing with this. I'm happy to keep playing this anyway you create it, but I'd love pink back. For the storyline, it would be amazing. I have an idea on how this could be achieved. The gameplay was immense. I just completed the orange league, and the epilogue at the end, was deep. The snapshots of images.... Absolutely amazing work. I am really excited for the next update.
    Jake.

I would YouTube HeroVoltsy. He has a video walk through of the whole game and the latest update. Really good.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Yo guys ive just beaten archer and Mewtwo right now and was just reading adventure Red chapters blog and notices something it says beta 11 consists of kanto + orange archipelago + sevi islands + some of hoenn + mirage island while latest beta 15 consists only kanto and orange
    Is it true the older beta 11 consists more story arcs and even story of little bit ahead of the beta 15 someone explain plz I'm damn confused

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I am having a really hard time figuring out what to do after you obtain the Crystal Onix from the Sunburst Islands. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    That is a bonus chapter. It's optional and is not required or directly related to the storyline of the Orange Archipelago in this hack, at all.
    What was the last thing you did plot wise?
    Yo guys ive just beaten archer and Mewtwo right now and was just reading adventure Red chapters blog and notices something it says beta 11 consists of kanto + orange archipelago + sevi islands + some of hoenn + mirage island while latest beta 15 consists only kanto and orange
    Is it true the older beta 11 consists more story arcs and even story of little bit ahead of the beta 15 someone explain plz I'm damn confused
    Development of the hack was restarted after the release of the Beta 11, with the release of the Beta 12.

To answer the question: Yes, it is true that the Beta 11 does have more content compared to the Beta 15. Otherwise I wouldn't have said so in the main post.

Back