• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
  • Wow, this is by far the most amazin hack I´ve ever played.
    Is there a planned ending? I mean, until which point in the Manga-Story will this continue?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Wow, this is by far the most amazin hack I´ve ever played.
    Is there a planned ending? I mean, until which point in the Manga-Story will this continue?
    Until the last episode of the manga in which Red appeared, possibly.
    The regions that are planned for the final release should give you an idea.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • BETA_14_01.png
    BETA_14_04.png

BETA_14_07.png
    BETA_14_20.png

Path A:
    BETA_14_46.png
    BETA_14_48.png

Path B:
    BETA_14_95.png
    BETA_14_101.png

BETA_14_120.png
    BETA_14_126.png

BETA_14_133.png
    BETA_14_141.png

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    I guess this is just opposite here In beta 11 Cissy Helped team rocket and gone to jail but I think this time time she will not for her departed frieNds sake

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Anyone else using a phone emulator for this Rom Hack. I can't seem to get it to launch on myBoy, I also have issues on VBA-M. Any help would be apprciated, Thanks.

Years
  • It's awesome coming back to this hack after so many years, it's more beautiful than ever! I finished/binged #14 to right before the mystic/valor/instinct bonus events (I prob shouldn't, it's finals week lmao but no worries I'm gonna ace these exams, bet!). I checked around with the walk through walls cheat (I know cheats aren't "supported" but let me have my fun! I love out-of bound Easter eggs in ROMhacks!) how in the world did Aethestode make that out-of-bounds Red sprite glitch? Scary! I'm really super curious - it glitches out the emulator on my android - I didn't know ROMS could do that! It blanks out my downloaded games of My Boy! (and freezes it) until I restart my phone - I retested the effect and it's repeatable - so cool! What a neat and scary Easter egg!

How did Aethstode do it? Did they discuss it with you?

(Also, that Trap joke is Super Rude >:( )

Also, although I'm not *intensely* EV training or breeding pokemon this game, I appreciate the S-E rating system and Lens key item, super nice of Aethestode!

I like how many scary bonus stories there are, even if they can be pretty Edgy(tm), it's neat. I caught some of the zombies/white hand/cursed pokemon, but I ended up releasing them - the storylines really make you feel for them, great writing!

I *think* some of the music is new from the last time I played it - Green has her own theme, right? I haven't actually played the original FireRed, so it's harder to pick out new music. But that is such great work! I can tell a lot of love went into this.

Last edited:

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    I don't think that patching is necessary for Android because I played this game smoothly without patching in my phone.Maybe it's necessary for Pc or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2020
    I downloaded it externally and already patched. With that file I never had problems playing it on my phone.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2019
    Soo my game froze after I beat zapmolcuno and go out to talk to others. I got cutsceen before whem i left the building which was odd and now after I finaly beat it I get freez everytime. What should I do?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Anyone else using a phone emulator for this Rom Hack. I can't seem to get it to launch on myBoy, I also have issues on VBA-M. Any help would be apprciated, Thanks.
    What problems are you having on VBA-M?
    how in the world did Aethestode make that out-of-bounds Red sprite glitch?
    It would help if you were more specific, but adding new NPCs to a map is a matter of clicking a button in Advance Map.
    I *think* some of the music is new from the last time I played it - Green has her own theme, right? I haven't actually played the original FireRed, so it's harder to pick out new music. But that is such great work! I can tell a lot of love went into this.
    It's just FRLG's Game Corner Music.
    I don't think that patching is necessary for Android because I played this game smoothly without patching in my phone.Maybe it's necessary for Pc or something.
    It's not necessary, but it's always an option. MyBoy! does have an auto patching function iirc.
    Soo my game froze after I beat zapmolcuno and go out to talk to others. I got cutsceen before whem i left the building which was odd and now after I finaly beat it I get freez everytime. What should I do?
    Are you sure you applied the latest patch (Beta 14.5's) over a clean ROM of Pokémon Fire Red v1.0?

Years
  • What problems are you having on VBA-M?

It would help if you were more specific, but adding new NPCs to a map is a matter of clicking a button in Advance Map.
    I'm not asking about the sprite itself, I'm asking about the effect. I've found 2, one besides Giovanni's gym (accompanied by a moving mew-shaped "magic wand" lol)

The other past the boulders blocking the path up Mt. Moon

talk to him and the game freezes (no sound) and all the controls become unresponsive

close and restart My Boy! all the games appear to be gone (rude lol), and the controls are still unresponsive.

Restarting the phone restores everything.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I'm not asking about the sprite itself, I'm asking about the effect.
    I'm not talking about the sprite, but about the NPC as a whole.
    That NPC with Red's sprite doesn't have any information set, it's basically an NPC added to the map without a single change just like I said. Upon interacting with them, the game freezes because it doesn't know what to do with it.
    That's basically all there is to it.

As for the reason why it's there... I honestly don't know. It might be a dummy used in cutscenes, but I've honestly no idea.

Dark Sid

Dark boy
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Is There Any future version of this game where I can catch MEWTWO,PALKIA and DIALGA.Their special attacks Roar of time and Special Rend are just superb dealing devasting damage they may make this game bit easier after all 😜

sz

Years
  • I'm not asking about the sprite itself, I'm asking about the effect. I've found 2, one besides Giovanni's gym (accompanied by a moving mew-shaped "magic wand" lol)

The other past the boulders blocking the path up Mt. Moon

talk to him and the game freezes (no sound) and all the controls become unresponsive

close and restart My Boy! all the games appear to be gone (rude lol), and the controls are still unresponsive.

Restarting the phone restores everything.
    You don't need to restart the phone, just Force stop Myboy and reopen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2023
    Found the issue, because i kept the ups file in the same folder it possible caused it try and patch it whenever i tried to run it. I when i removed the ups file it ran just fine.

Thank you everyone. I did not realize it had an auto-patching feature

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • What level does bulbasuar evolve its currently 20, also what level does kangiskid? Thanks
    Bulbasaur evolves with high friendship and a level. Otherwise it'll evolve in an event involving a Karate Man just before you reach Celadon City.

Kangaskid evolves at Lv20 into Kangaskhoo or Kangaskhan depending on its gender.
    Otherwise, it can evolve into Cubone if it's holding a Skull and after raising it a level.

Back