• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Is it just me or does Roost not work properly? When I use Roost on Aerodactyl, Dragon and Dark moves used on Aerodactyl in the same turn become not very effective, but they're at normal effectiveness without Roost. As far as I can tell, Flying isn't weak against Dragon and Dark (nor is Rock supposed to be resistant against those types), so what's going on?

The attacks used were Outrage by Arcanine and both Feint Attack and Dark Pulse by Houndoom (both Fire types, could that somehow be the reason?).

Years
    • Online now
    Do you know how it goes with this version?

You can think of it as a direct sequel to this one. Everything planned for post-Orange Islands parts of this hack will be there. I think the author is now working on Orre Region arc but someone with more contemporary information can correct me if I'm mistaken. I'm not that closely following stuff as I'm only checking daily update screenshots.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2022
    Hello~

I've finished the main game and am doing some postgame stuff rn and encountered some bugs that prevent me from progressing :/.

!!!SPOILER!!!

So, after the final battle, cutscenes, and text about the outcome of the villains, we were transported back to Pallet Town, now I know that here, you can unlock multiple side chapters to do. First being finding out about Red's dad from Green, which will lead to the Twisted Fate chapter (Unsure about this). Note that Grey can be found in the Pallet Town PokeCenter during this time. So, instead of doing the Twisted Fate chapter, I went straight to Decolore Island to do the Museum Heist chapter, then, went on to do Cissy's Trial chapter. During Cissy's chapter, I found out that Grey's Pokemon is alive, which can trigger a new chapter if we spoke with Grey. [1st Bug] When I return to Pallet Town, Grey is not there... ok.. [2nd Bug] Green is not there to give me the Twisted Fate quest either... hmm.. (I did not trigger the Chapter earlier) I played at around 4 AM so at the time I assumed the chapter was given out on certain time. Fast forward, I went on to do some other chapters, like finding Celebi to revive a vineyard, the Dark Fog, and Timekeeper. (I did not save Pink here) when I went back to Pallet Town, (via Ramuh), [3rd Bug] Pink was standing in front of my house, she said the same dialogue when I keep interacting with her. Now I know that she will only appear if you chose to save her during the Timekeeper Quest..

That's a pretty common bug. Happened to me a couple of times and there were people before who reported the same.
    I did several tries until I found out that if you finish the chapter in Hamlin Island before talking to Cissy in the prison and going back to Pallet Town, Grey will ultimate dissapear, so you have to speak to Cissy first and start the mission before doing the thing in Hamlin Island.
    For the 4th one, I'm not sure, maybe it's a result of the same thing.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    hello,

first of a question is there a lucky egg somewhere?
    ans second sofar i have 3 badges and my game froze once playing as my char on my way to artecuno by beeing spottet by a team rocket member.
    but i had other interesting bugs beeing split into four parts and waklung like that until walking throu a door or having clours change in lavandia

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    hi Aethestode ... i want to download pokemon adventure red chapter but it is not working on my vba can you tell other method .......

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    I've been playing Pokemon Adventure Red chapter using an online emulator (looking at you, KBHgames.com), but I'd encountered a glitch lately:

When your character climbs the stairs to enter the third floor of the Lavender Town, the game freezes. I've tried using my previous save-files, but there's apparently no change in it. I did a quick Google search, and it seems as if other people are encountering it as well.

My question is: would it be possible to resolve this as I'm playing it online? Or should I start over again? I'd really hate to do that, and even more if I'd just encounter it again.

Thank you in advance, and I hope this sounds clear enough.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2022
    So uh there was an invisble Wall where Rayquaza is supposed to be. Is that a Bug? It wasnt in the YT Videos I saw.

Amaanpika

Amaan
    Years
  • Please read the FAQ before asking any questions.

It's definitely a glitch. It was caused by starting that bonus chapter that can't be properly played atm.
    If you want to, I can try fixing it up for you. You'll just have to send me your savefile in a Private Message so I can clear the flags that were set when you started that bonus chapter originally.

Warning: Some of the content implemented in this ROM Hack may be considered unfit for kids. You have been warned.
    Warning: Support for cheats is not offered in this thread.

IMPORTANT Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2

image.png

Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter
    A Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 hack created by Aethestode

Story

This hack is an adaptation of the Pokémon Adventures/Special Manga, in the eyes of Red.
    It follows the story of this trainer from Pallet Town, as he embarks on his own Pokémon Journey.

The story of this hack is divided in Chapters.
    Spoiler:

Features

Screenshots

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Every update for the hack is being posted in this thread almost as soon as they are posted in the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2UQuhfP
    If you want to see a post that includes all the updates released since the Beta 13, please click right here to check the Special Updates Post!

Credits

• Aethestode - Creator and sole developer of this hack, and designer of various sprites as well.
    • MrDollSteak - Gen. 3 ROM Base
    • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM Routines
    • Darthatron - B2/W2 Repel System
    • Peetzaahhh - Pokémon Logo
    • Jambo51 - ASM Routines
    • JPAN - Hacked Engine
    • Danzen the real 1 - Sprite
    • Soloo993 - Trainer Sprites
    • Thedarkdragon11 - Gen. 7 Sprites
    • Computer Max/CompuMax - Coloured Badges
    • xSky - Spriting
    • C067912881 - Spriting
    • Blizzard - Spriting
    • Xerxes - Spriting
    • Umbralwisp - Spriting
    • Makotto - Spriting
    • LeParagon - Spriting
    • Suzierain - Orangean Beldum's design
    • TheCraigadile - Gorochu's sprite
    • Ruki - HP Bar
    • jiangzhengwenjzw - Mugshots, EV-IV Screen and Extra Movement Code
    • Naren Jr - Pokémon Menu
    • il1dan - Pokémon Type Icons
    • Diegoisawesome - GBA BIOS issue fix
    • Lunos - Grammar and Punctuation
    • DarkDestroyer - Grammar and Punctuation
    • KingofNoobs - Grammar and Punctuation
    • CM-sS - Grammar and Punctuation
    • DarkCacos - Grammar and Punctuation
    • PokemonAce123 - Grammar and Punctuation
    • Valezio - Grammar and Punctuation
    • Yami - Grammar and Punctuation
    • FBI - Team Swapping
    • Endrift - mGBA Real-Time Clock Fix
    • Avara - Format Template

Guides

Beta 13 and Beyond
    -Obtainable Pokémon List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WcKaGmYA
    -Side Chapter Starting Point Guide written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WtExUR1B
    -TMs and HMs Location List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/2eMXGhqy[/size]
    -Eeveevolutions' Base Stats and Abilities written by ghfrc#0701: https://pastebin.com/vkZ4j2dQ
    -Walkthrough of the game written by Allen Ceedos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTYng5N-3jPWGsYh-2-xneQyPp9JJSwl/view
    -Type Effectiveness Chart made by ghfrc#0701: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10032807&postcount=14862

Beta 11
    -Valencia Island Loop Workaround written by DonutHead: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9675231&postcount=10840

Downloads

Latest Version

Beta 15 + Expansion FIX C
    Below is the latest Beta 15 patch (5th October, 2020)
    This version contains the Kanto Region and the Orange Archipelago + The Beginning of Elite Four
    This will be the final major update for Red Chapter Vol 1. Any future updates will be strictly on squashing Gamebreaking bugs. Vol 2 is under development. Patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 run and start a new game.
    NOTE: Patch onto a clean FireRed Rom and start a new savefile.
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/bh9bnlx8sl8z6jl/Beta_15_%252B_Expansion_Fix_Patch_C.ups/file

Deprecated Versions
    Note: The following releases are old. They're no longer being developed and, naturally, are no longer supported either.

Beta 14
    Below is the latest Beta 14 patch (January 30, 2019)
    This version contains the Kanto Region and a slice of the Orange Archipelago (From Valencia Island to Kinnow Island).
    NOTE: BETA 13 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 13
    Below is the latest Beta 13 patch (June 25, 2018)
    This version contains the Kanto Region.
    NOTE: BETA 12 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 12
    Below is the latest Beta 12 patch (April 30, 2016)
    This version marked a new start for the hack, as development was restarted in a new ROM.
    It contains a slice of the Kanto Region (From Pallet Town to Lavender Town).
    NOTE: BETA 11 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 11
    Below is the latest Beta 11 patch (November 30, 2015)
    This version contains the Kanto Region, the Orange Archipelago, the Sevii Islands, a bit of the Hoenn Region and an original area called Mirage Tower.
    Click here to download.

Miscellaneous Information

Real-Time Clock Fix (mGBA)
    This patch allows the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on certain emulators like mGBA.
    Click here to download.

Real-Time Clock Fix (VBA-M)
    Note: These instructions were added here for the Beta 14's sake. The ROM for the Beta 15 does not work on VBA-M, and it's highly encouraged not to use it.
    These instructions allow the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on VisualBoyAdvance-M.
    Click here to read.

How to apply a patch
    These instructions will help you to play this ROM Hack.
    Click here to read.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Spoiler:

Support

You can support the hack by adding one of the following banners to your user signature!
    b.png

a.png
    d.png

mjTeA22Y9ECxz37Jl7_j1bkZZNe1aVC46Z-hpC2Pq1k=w555-h140-no

c.jpg

Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2
    I am stuck in the orange cup, i cleared the preliminary battles and then went for the final battle after taking with the champion as i entered i was not able to battle so i tried going out and i was able to leave the building and i by mistake saved my game after that when i tried to enter the match it showed i must finish preliminary battles but there is no one and i can't go to the main match. Please help me.

Amaanpika

Amaan
    Years
  • I am stuck in the orange cup, i cleared the preliminary battles and then went for the final battle after taking with the champion as i entered i was not able to battle so i tried going out and i was able to leave the building and i by mistake saved my game after that when i tried to enter the match it showed i must finish preliminary battles but there is no one and i can't go to the main match. Please help me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2024
    hi, i think i skipped the fashion box? i don't have the fashion box so i cannot change uniform to rockets and go into the team rocket HQ in celadon city...
    please help

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2022
    I just finished the current beta, I must say that of all the characters to die, Pink was for me the most devastating as I thought there was soo much upside potential development as far as her relationship with Red. I could see it going in a more romantic direction compared to Reds relationship with Blue which is more playful

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    Hello guys, I started to play the beta 15 fix C on the EZ-Flash Omega DE on GBA.
    Unfortunately, the game's size is too big and the only way to play is with NOR.
    Also, RTC doesn't work.
    I've read somewhere that is it possible to solve both this problems, first by trimming to resize the rom with HxD and second by applying a specific patch for RTC.
    Can someone help me, please? Maybe with a specific patch?
    Thank you very much :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    running into this really weird glitch where the game freezes every time i try to use my pikachu. it doesn't happen with any other pokemon, just pikachu. anyone else running into this problem/have a solution?

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    I've decided to finally finish the latest (final/full) version on my gba with my ez flash DE and I also have the issue of the "Pika" story based Pikachu you're given crashing the game anytime it tries to be sent into battle or when you do anything to it like check its summary etc. What is the moveset of the one given to you if you choose to skip the Kanto saga?

Last edited:
    Back