• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon-Amie/Pokémon Camp like feature.

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • One of my biggest hopes for this pair of games is for there to be a mechanic like the Pokémon-Amie and Pokémon Camp from the past generations of games. It just makes you a lot more bonded with your Pokémon
    and makes them feel way more alive. I always thought it was cute when both my Male and female Meowstic interacted with each other in Pokémon Camp once.

Years
  • Yes, yes yes please. This was one of my favorite things in XY when it was first introduced and I honestly think it should be the norm to have it. This is a Pokémon game, we should be able to interact with our Pokémon to at least some extent in all the main games going forward! I loved seeing their little sleeping animations. Too cute. <3

In an interaction-related vein, I'd also love to see the petting in battle feature brought back. The one where in battle sometimes it would be like 'your Pokémon wishes to be petted' and you can touch the screen to give them a pet. That was very cute and removing it from BDSP disappointed me, especially when they ask for pets and you are incapable of giving them.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I want like, a combination of the two. I want to be able to pet and love on my Pokémon, in addition to being able to play with them (and mini games!) and feed them adorable Pokémon cupcakes. (´,,•ω•,,)♡

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I didn't really use Amie, but I did like making stews ect. However, I really want these features to be more interactive. I think they did well with the minigames in Amie, but add more mini games, but let us compete with other people and their pokemon.

Let us race our pokemon against others, ect. I would also love for jobs and isle like stuff from sun and moon to come back.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, these are cool mechanics, but it doesn't matter how cool they are when players who don't want Anime bonusses contaminating gameplay have no choice but to skip this feature anyway.

Keep Amie, Refresh, Camp or whatever they call it, will be nice as long as there's an option to keep the dumb power of friendship away from battles.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd love for Camp to return, preferably with more options to play with my mons =3
    You could only play fetch with a ball and play with a stick... how about some other games/interactions?
    Maybe some hide & seek within the camping area? playing tag with your mons? Tickle wars? =3
    Just let me hug my mons please =D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Enjoys the feature, but not the gameplay benefits. Views them as too strong. Still desires a gameplay reason for doing so. Hopes for more muted bonuses. Perhaps something like:

2 hearts: +10% experience gain
    3 hearts: Ball Fetch ability. (Retrieves a failed Pokeball if not holding an item.) Evolves one level earlier than normal.
    4 hearts: Wide Lens buff. Evolves another level earlier than normal (stacking with the previous benefit).
    5 hearts: 5% Quick Claw proc (normally 20% with actual item). Evolves another level earlier than normal.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • There's a shot in the video (the IRL footage part) that shows a couple of bocadillos (I guess subs is the closest word in English, you know, baguette bread with stuff in between). I'd certainly love to have the chance to whip a couple of them for my mons instead of cooking curries.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm always blah on the interactions honestly lol

It just always seemed so forced? Idk. But hear me out: What about Nintendogs BUT Pokemon? Nintendogs was like the coolest game back in the day and I would be 100% on board if you could train your Pokemon like Nintendogs, get them to participate in sports like in Johto and set up camps around the region/participate in shows depending on what your Pokemon is good at. Okay that is a LONG sentence but every Generation had a cool little idea but since this region is open world why not combine sports/amie/camp/contests and make it into a side quest (like PLA) + Nintendogs? It's a winning formula. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm always blah on the interactions honestly lol

It just always seemed so forced? Idk. But hear me out: What about Nintendogs BUT Pokemon? Nintendogs was like the coolest game back in the day and I would be 100% on board if you could train your Pokemon like Nintendogs, get them to participate in sports like in Johto and set up camps around the region/participate in shows depending on what your Pokemon is good at. Okay that is a LONG sentence but every Generation had a cool little idea but since this region is open world why not combine sports/amie/camp/contests and make it into a side quest (like PLA) + Nintendogs? It's a winning formula. :)

Yeah, this is what I want. I just feel like it needs to be more interactive. Nintendogs was like my first DS game aside from Mario Kart and I loved it. I think Pokemon could easily include these features. I know we could play minigames in Kalos Games I think.... or Maybe I am thinking of Dream Land, but if it was more like that... it would be amazing.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Yeah, this is what I want. I just feel like it needs to be more interactive. Nintendogs was like my first DS game aside from Mario Kart and I loved it. I think Pokemon could easily include these features. I know we could play minigames in Kalos Games I think.... or Maybe I am thinking of Dream Land, but if it was more like that... it would be amazing.

Correct on Kalos (plus Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire). Included Berry Picker, Head It, and Tile Puzzle.

Back