• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    propoble this bug is from eggs - i played all versions Ash gray and never moved this eggs - and no have any problem - so dont move it and will by ok

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Please don't move the bad eggs around. It can reactivate or deactivate certain events. Hopefully you didn't do so before this event and save.

If I'm able to figure out what else might be causing the glitch I'll fix it in the next release.
    Hey Metapod. I didn't move them around and then saved. I was testing to see if moving the bad eggs affected my game in anyway. I figured out what's wrong though.

If I catch a pokemon/s during any particular event (doesn't matter which) then I cannot continue onto another. I can finish that event but the next event won't trigger. I'm unsure if it has to do with the ??????? or masterball item/s I somehow acquired or bad eggs but I know for certain I haven't moved them around and then saved.

Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    I didn't move the bad eggs. I've restarted beta 4.2 from the beginning and the problem is still here. I have bulbasaur in my team, i'm sure i didn't jump any event. Now i have 3 sav files (2 for beta 4.51 and 1 for beta 4.2) and i'm stuck at the same point in all of these save files

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2015
    5b9de80a0d.png

I can't cut these trees, the hatchet doesn't activate, what can I do to fix this?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Hey Metapod. I didn't move them around and then saved. I was testing to see if moving the bad eggs affected my game in anyway. I figured out what's wrong though.

If I catch a pokemon/s during any particular event (doesn't matter which) then I cannot continue onto another. I can finish that event but the next event won't trigger. I'm unsure if it has to do with the ??????? or masterball item/s I somehow acquired or bad eggs but I know for certain I haven't moved them around and then saved.

Hope that helps.

I'm not sure why that would happen, but I'll try to look into it.

I didn't move the bad eggs. I've restarted beta 4.2 from the beginning and the problem is still here. I have bulbasaur in my team, i'm sure i didn't jump any event. Now i have 3 sav files (2 for beta 4.51 and 1 for beta 4.2) and i'm stuck at the same point in all of these save files

Maybe you can attach the sav files to a post so I can download them and test them myself.

5b9de80a0d.png

I can't cut these trees, the hatchet doesn't activate, what can I do to fix this?

It's a known glitch. Take a step to the left and face right again and click and the message will appear to cut the tree.

Jupsi

The Eternal Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    Hey, ever since patching the 4.51 my screen has blacked out on Orange Island Pokemon Centers - any fixes?

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Hi, so I've tried once again today at Route 12 on Ash Gray where the event "Wake Up Snorlax" is to cut the trees down, but I wasn't able to still. I even took a step to left and faced right again, and clicked to cut but still nothing. So I went to where the signposts are and back and tried again, but still nothing. So I took a couple screenshots on both sides of the little ditch or whatever it is there, and here's my result.
    ml595Vc.png
    Tmnrd0Q.png

Any idea on what to do? Please help, I'd like to complete that event.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok, this is going to be the third game I've played after Pokémon Zeta and Pokémon Insurgence, both of which I was easily able to download to my Mac like Apps for my computer. But this game, from what everyone else has written, is built a little differently, so I need some assistance.

I've already downloaded the VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.6 dmg, the AshGray 4.52 ips, the IPS Mac 2.1, and a random Fire Red ROM which should be clean. I have all four downloads in a folder on my desktop labeled AshGray. I don't know what to do next. Please help.

Last edited:

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Thanks so much for releasing that update Meta, it works and I was finally able to cut down the trees to complete the Wake Up Snorlax event. You rock! Will keep a look out for anymore bugs/glitches, and report them if I see any.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2018
    trees - are a bug old - i fixed that witch Advance Map in my own rom and script work normal witch Agatha - but now new version and updated normal from clean firered to 4.5.2 - thanks for your work and this amazing hack

I watched all anime when was a child propoble to orange island end - and then now i see is so much seson of this but not like the old when i was child 1-2seson

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    I'm not sure why that would happen, but I'll try to look into it.

Maybe you can attach the sav files to a post so I can download them and test them myself.

It's a known glitch. Take a step to the left and face right again and click and the message will appear to cut the tree.
    Here there are sav files. Let me know if you're able to download them and are good

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok, this is going to be the third game I've played after Pokémon Zeta and Pokémon Insurgence, both of which I was easily able to download to my Mac like Apps for my computer. But this game, from what everyone else has written, is built a little differently, so I need some assistance.

I've already downloaded the VisualBoyAdvance 1.7.6 dmg, the AshGray 4.52 ips, the IPS Mac 2.1, and a random Fire Red ROM which should be clean. I have all four downloads in a folder on my desktop labeled AshGray. I don't know what to do next. Please help.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Here there are sav files. Let me know if you're able to download them and are good

I have found a rather simple solution to your problem. After messing around with the bad eggs in a working sav file, I discovered that it is the first bad egg in row 2 (third slot) in Box 3 that causes the event to activate. If you swap this egg with the 2nd egg in row 1 of Box 3 and warp to Pallet, the event will activate and continue as desired. However, this may mess with a previous event. When the event is finished you might want to switch them back, or switch them back once you've activated the next even in any case.

I can't really figure out why this happened. I'm uploading a new beta that should make the event activate with the correct variable, however it still doesn't seem to work with your sav file. It might have something to do with the large number of Pokémon you've captured.

Pokémon AshGray 4.5.3

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    I have found a rather simple solution to your problem. After messing around with the bad eggs in a working sav file, I discovered that it is the first bad egg in row 2 (third slot) in Box 3 that causes the event to activate. If you swap this egg with the 2nd egg in row 1 of Box 3 and warp to Pallet, the event will activate and continue as desired. However, this may mess with a previous event. When the event is finished you might want to switch them back, or switch them back once you've activated the next even in any case.

I can't really figure out why this happened. I'm uploading a new beta that should make the event activate with the correct variable, however it still doesn't seem to work with your sav file. It might have something to do with the large number of Pokémon you've captured.

Pokémon AshGray 4.5.3
    Man you're great!! It finally worked! Really thank you very much!! I am grateful for your help!! And thank you for this amazing hack, this is probably the best pokemon game i have ever played. I'll waiting for the next release :D

Jupsi

The Eternal Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2021
    The problem about pokemon centers blacking out the screen and freezing the game is also present in the 4.5.2 release :S What to do guys? Anybody else have this problem? I started a new game to see if it persisted, and it's still there, once i reach the Orange Archipelago :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2015
    I'm stuck another time..
    now when i enter at the indigo plateau the championship it's already finished. All the people in the room said that they've already lost the tournament. Gary isn't in the room. I can use the telephone to call professor Oak to swap pokemon in my team. The receptionist told me that my first battle will be in the water field against Mandi but the man outside the field won't let me pass. He says that i haven't a match scheduled in that field.
    Metapod or anyone else could you please help me another time?

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021

Pokémon AshGray 4.5.3

Perhaps the bad eggs thing would be caused by using too higher flag/var. There are some of them (many actually) that are used for pokemon PC storage

Back