• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Best Wishes [Discussion Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Who cares if people tell me "I told you so"? I'm sorry that I don't like to assume things and want things to be confirmed before I make a judgment on things. It's better to have something confirmed rather than stating things as though they were facts when in reality they're just guesses made by fans who "Just know these things because of some little 'clues'".
    I get that you'd rather wait for things to be confirmed, a lot of people do - even myself. However, bringing it up every time someone mentions it isn't helping the fact that you've already said "I want confirmation" over a thousand times now. Just saying. People get it, but you don't have to shoot them down every time. Just leave them let them discuss. It's simple.
    So you're judging this from a picture and nothing else? That isn't evidence. You're just speculating on a picture that shows something that you assume is something of major impact on the plot when it could be something insignificant. Do you have anything definitive that isn't speculation or wild guesses.

Asking for confirmed information isn't trolling. If you want me to stop posting in this thread though because you feel that I'm trolling then ask and I will not post here.
    Like I said, I was speculating based on the image. I don't see anything wrong in doing so. .-.

No, asking for confirmation is not trolling. But you starting up against someone every time isn't helping either. You're basically borderline trolling, if I had to say so. I don't mind you posting in this thread, I can't stop you from doing so, but if you must, then please stop striking down everyone. If you have any questions or want to talk about this dilemma, then please feel free to PM me, even though I know you won't since things are setting astray from the Best Wishes discussion.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    People were expecting his last episode to be DP190, but that wasn't true. This was one of the early DP posters where people thought Brock wouldn't be in the series. There's no stopping him coming back 5 or so episodes into BW as "a surprise" like in AG to troll us all again. He could stay in the Pokemon Centre's to train or could try travelling about to help on the road ill Pokemon. It's still pretty open what he could do, but I like to think he's gone as a main character forever.

But why is he going to be a doctor while all of the Nurse Joy's are...nurses? Surely the Nurse Joys' are more qualified than him. Heh heh, gender stereotypes.

Last edited:

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Yes, that happens when people jump to conclusions because it's "obvious".

Apart from Brock, Jenny's new design is terrible. I don't know what they were thinking there.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 21, 2014
    Ash's new eye style will be take some getting used but looking at the close ups which appear every now and then his eyes have always supposed to brown in the storyline haven't they? We just haven't seen it often.

One thing this new animation style will do is make that far more apparent.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Does anyone else think that Ash is gonna get all three starters like he did in Kanto and Johto?

I'm kinda hoping he does.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Looks like Ash now has bigger eye's, and Dento's look weird :S
    I like how Pikachu's tail actually turns to Iron when using Iron tail, that look's cool :)
    Also we know he captures a Mamepato which is the "Bird" for this Generation.

I don't think he'll get all 3 starters again. He gets Mijumara because of the clip commanding it to use Shell Blade which is strange cause that is Miju's strongest attack, (I think)
    Also I also think that Iris will get Tsutaja, and Ash might also get Pokabu, since Dento is a grass leader and all' but he might get Pokabu we don't know yet.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I see Dento as the Harley type character now, the gayish type but not evil and arrogant like him. He will have some different things about his character of course but LOL Should make some fun interactions with AshXD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Urm no thank you. No flamboyancy. Geez, it's everywhere now, don't put it in a child's Anime. Just once off characters like Harley and that Frontier Brain are fine. But not a main character. Though, he does seem slightly flamboyant yet strong headed :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    What's wrong with flamboyance in a main character?
    Rolling with this, Harley turned out pretty well if you asked me. While I preferred Drew over Harley, I always looked forward to seeing Harley make his comedic remarks and performances, such as the time he dressed up as May. And while I don't mind a little flamboyancy in a main character, I probably picture Dento to be somewhat of a twist between Brock (knowledgeable) and Barry (eager). Based on his image in the preview taking Ash's order it looked like, he seemed very "eager" to say the least.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Harley only turned out well because he wasn't in every episode. Same with Barry. An eager/flamboyant gag will probably get stale rather quickly.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    im thinking ash might get two starters this time again so Mijumaru is one but hopefully he gets a tsutarja but it seems to be leaning more to pokabu :/

Iris im not to excited about besides she might have a tsutarja and already has a kibago... she seems more of a "Misty" type, meaning she is probably easily angered but she can be nice. I think she found kibago then secretly raised it, then when she gets to choose a starter, she reveals that she already has one...

Dento seems jolly but has that knowledge similar to brock... i just hope he isnt too hyper like ash or too much like brock. i want a new character not an old one.. and i hope he is decent because im kind of going to miss brock. I think he might have a Tsutarja because he's grass trainer... but i think hell start off like brock having one type and all, but then he'll have more range of types throughout the series.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'd prefer Ash to receive two starters this series. Splitting up the starters between three people would be a mistake and Ash having all three starters would be a step back.

Perriechu

Years
    Serebii just revealed that the Old guy in the July beta art is the owner of the Pokemon battle club.

His name is Don George. It also seems that he owns an Umbreon from the Beta art.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    We have a new preview...

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju2Hpqx88AM

At least we have a reason why Pikachu gets weaker. Shooti will sadly consider this a win even though you can tell there's some thing wrong with Pikachu. Seems this guy will have a big ego LOL. I'm sure when Pikachu gets its power back it will kick Shooti's butt in the next battle.

Perriechu

Years
    Ohhh Shooti has Tsutaja

Maybe none of the trio get it then .

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Bluerang1 said:
    Contradictory much? You just asked what was wrong with one and you just answered yourself xP

How is that contradictory? I didn't say anything as to why a flamboyant main character wouldn't work. I just said why Harley did work. You're just assuming that Harley is nothing but a flamboyant guy which is incorrect. Just because I think the gag would be stale doesn't mean the character wouldn't be well handled.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    So... Apparently, not only does Jessie and James get new uniforms, but apparently they were apparently entrusted by Giovanni (who also got a similar Uniform change) to become the frontline troops for the impending Rocket Invasion. I'm actually beginning to wonder if this region is indeed going to be Team Rocket's swan song? I mean, they could have just made them the same as the previous regions (send JJM off for a fools errand) and not even have to update Giovanni's uniform if they wished for them to continue, plus the character bio for Team Rocket indicated that Team Rocket is going to invade Isshu (presumably by Military Force).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back