• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon Blooming Beast recruitment - playtesters + writers

Years

• After losing your gym leader title a year ago, you decide to head to a new region with hopes of becoming a gym leader once again, only to find yourself enveloped in a region-spanning conspiracy. Pokémon Blooming Beast features highly reactive dynamic dialogue that encourages players to ask each of the major characters (including all 8 gym leaders) about the history of the region, the Pokémon League, and their opinions of the other characters. Team up with and against various characters in this Pokémon whodunnit to uncover the region's biggest secret: Who is the Beast?

Pokémon Blooming Beast features:
    • A fully-fledged conversation system with dynamic dialogue that reacts as you learn more
    • Heavy focus on characters and plot (all 8 gym leaders play important roles in the story)
    • A difficulty curve geared towards experienced fans without being Kaizo levels of punishing
    • Over 250 character talksprites (in part 3)
    • New regional variants and Pokémon
    • HMs usable from the PC, and other quality of life features
    • And more!

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Hi there, I'm KRLW890, and I've been working on Pokémon Blooming Beast on my own for about a year and a half now. I'm developing and releasing the game in four parts, the first two of which are already released. Be sure to play what's already available if you're still debating whether you'd be interested in joining this project. Right now I'm working on wrapping up part 3, and I'm looking for extra hands to help lighten the workload and keep me motivated. I'm looking for two roles in particular, and the ideal candidate should be able to fulfill both roles. Don't worry, they're not too intensive.

~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~​

Roles I'm looking for:

Playtester
    Playtesters are expected to play through the game multiple times as the game is refined. You're going to need to manage multiple save files at different points in the game and/or with different team loadouts; I can teach you how to do this if you don't already. The focus of playtesting will be gauging the difficulty curve, finding bugs, and giving feedback on the maps and writing.

Assistant writer
    Disclaimer: The main story is already planned out, and I'd prefer to do most of the writing for the main characters myself. That being said, there is still a lot of minor dialogue, such as fodder trainers and flavor text when inspecting random stuff in the overworld, and I typically struggle to fill it all out towards the end of development. Having someone to help fill out some of this dialogue while I focus more on the game's functionality will help ease the load a lot. While not required, competitive Pokémon experience is a bonus here. I don't have any plans to implement a competitive mode in the game, but I would still appreciate having someone I can get a second opinion from regarding my fakemon's base stats and movepools.
    If you only want to apply for assistant writer without being a full playtester, you will still be expected to play through the beta areas at least once.

Something else?
    Interested in the project and have something else you want to contribute? I'm open to hearing it, though be warned that I have fairly high standards.

~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~​

How to contact
    DM me either here on Pokécommunity or through Discord @krlw890. You can also join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/2FUqPaSvfs

~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~ ❀ ~~

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back