• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Misc Engine] Pokémon Classical Platinum - help with music needed!

Years
  • Hello! I am not a lot into rom hacks, but it's a world that always fascinated me. The first thing I have ever done that was related to rom hacking was to change the in game sprite of the main character in Pokémon Diamond. That's pretty basic and easy. This time, I want to bring my experience a step forward: I want to change every music in Pokémon Platinum with classical music. I know it's quite crazy and long, but I have studied. It's possible to do that, despite everyone doesn't advice you to do so. It has indeed some limitations: the music format can't be mp3 but in the DS music file format.
    The general process is really long and I will already tell you that it's going to be long and lowkey painful, but it can be done because I have already inserted a couple of tracks that successfully work. What is needed to do is:

- choosing the classical piece
    - transcribing the piece into an app that can then make you download it as a midi file
    - converting the midi file into the DS music sound format
    - replacing the new file with the original one
    I need help with both choosing the classical pieces and also for the rest of the process. It's not hard, because it's just about repeating the same process over and over and I could do it by myself, but it would take me a lot of time. So, who am I looking for?

- People who know classical music to advice me other pieces
    - People who know music in general that want to transcribe the pieces
    - Testers
    - Everyone wanting to learn and help with the project

It's going to be a very unique game and it's going to give much more expression to the player. It's about playing an old and well known pokemon game with a new light, making it a brand new experience!
    I will then play the game and write the progress on Travel Journal, adding a gameplay video each time. I will also learn more stuff about classical music and then share everything I know about it on Travel Journal. You would be invited to do that as well!

For now, here's a couple of videos of two replaced songs in the game:

- The wild pokemon battle theme
    - Solaceon Town theme

Spoiler:

CONTACTS:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • UPDATE:

The work is continuing and I am glad to say that Pokémon Classical Platinum 0.1 is available and ready to be tested! Note that it's not the final project, but the first part of the project! In version 0.1 all the music of cities and towns has been replaced with classical pieces! The reason why I am making this update is because I am still looking for people to join this project so that we can make it easier and faster!

If you want to join, please you can send me a message here!

Last edited:

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Still looking for testers? I can help with that :)

Years
  • Hello everyone! The project is far from being dead! Indeed we are now working on the version 0.3.0 of the game, meaning that we have replaced already all the songs of the cities and towns, the route songs and the trainer Battle songs, with some extra as well!
    We need testers! Testing this game means mainly listening to the music. checking the loops, learning something about DS music and about the .mid and .sseq files.

If you want to join, please you can send me a message here!

Last edited:
    Back