• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Coral Version (2022 DEMO OUT NOW!)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Late response, but; if you look at the github page (easy to find) then you can track the changes to the code.
    They update it pretty frequently so there is definitely more to come for this, I think.

Ven9496

the strongest lesbian pokemon trainer in the world
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    how many gyms is the new demo?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Just saw the release vid for your new demo on your YT, didn't know this existed so I'm very excited to get into it now. Question regarding this though, I know you said movesets have been updated, but are there any other balance changes you're making to certain pkmn? Like better stats, new abilities, etc.?

Edit: Also wanted to ask if there is a changelog of what's been added so far.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Um, remember the PokeBall disguise guy with the Voltorb in the party??? Apparently, since Voltorb is not in the Onwa Pokedex yet, it might was well be glitched...

Years
  • This looks so cool. To this day Crystal is my number 1 Pokemon game and I have played all the mainline game too. So Nostalgic yet so fresh. Gonna give it a try now.

bleedpark

Collector of Shiny Cardboard and Player of Hacks
    Years
  • YES! I have been waiting so long for this! It is a great day! Congrats on the amazing work. I can't wait to see what comes from the final release.

Takoto

Illustrator
    Years
  • Wow, this is looking fantastic so far. I can easily see myself replaying just the demo multiple times.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2022
    Possible Bug?

Hi I just started playing Pokemon Coral and I blacked out on the way to give Blue his pokedex, sending me back home. When I tried to leave the town again, the old man told me (once again) that Captain Strand wants to see me down by the pier. I still have my starter pokemon though, and when I go down to the pier to talk to Strand's brother, he acts like I already talked to him (because I have). But still, when I try to leave the city, the old man stops me and tells me to go talk to Strand down at the pier. I think I am trapped in the town now. Not sure if this is a bug or if I am just missing something.

- Milo

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    I just discovered pokemon coral but I am having trouble installing the game. Does anyone have steps to properly install the game?

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2023
    Not sure if anyone has reported this yet but I got softlocked pretty early on. I got my Pokemon went on into the world and was blacked out. Ended up my bed at the home town and when I went to leave to restart my journey it said the captain wanted to see me, but he never did see have anything to say, just his normal dialogue from after you speak to him the first time, but the guy on the edge of town won't let me leave

J. D. Guy

Pokemon Fan Forever!
    Years
    • Seen today
    Not sure if anyone has reported this yet but I got softlocked pretty early on. I got my Pokemon went on into the world and was blacked out. Ended up my bed at the home town and when I went to leave to restart my journey it said the captain wanted to see me, but he never did see have anything to say, just his normal dialogue from after you speak to him the first time, but the guy on the edge of town won't let me leave

There's a Discord server that works best for asking questions and reporting bugs. Coraldev is a regular there.

Also, according to said Discord server, this is know and will be fixed in a forthcoming update. Basically, it happened because you didn't visit the Pokecenter in the starting town before you blacked out.

Whats the Shiny Chance btw? Also amazing demo so far!

Apparently, it's the standard non-bred Shiny Rate for Crystal/Gen II, which Bulbapedia says is 1/8192.

Last edited:

Danger James

Danger James
    Years
  • I'm so excited! I've been keeping an eye on this for a while and I can't wait to play the new demo! AHHHHHHHH!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I seem to be stuck on Sunbeam island There's a rocket guy blocking the forest entrance and I lost the beauty contest battle and can't rebattle for another day. This seems like an issue.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2024
    I seem to be stuck on Sunbeam island There's a rocket guy blocking the forest entrance and I lost the beauty contest battle and can't rebattle for another day. This seems like an issue.

Play the pokeflute for the guy blocking the forest entrance. He will fall asleep and you can pass

Back