• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Crowned Sword & Armored Shield (SWSH Hack)

Psystrikers

PaldeanRTT
Years
    • Seen yesterday
    hpL4QK9.png

It's a whole new Galar we live in.

Pokémon Crowned Sword & Armored Shield is a mod of Pokémon Sword & Shield featuring numerous quality of life improvements, exciting new wild encounters, fresh new teams and access to the Isle of Armor and the Crown Tundra during the main story.

This mod includes the following changes:​
    • The Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra are now fully accessible during the main story.
    • Wild encounters have been fully revised, merging symbol encounters and hidden encounters into one table unaffected by the weather.
    • Static encounters known as wanderers have been modified in many ways.
    • Version exclusive Pokémon are no longer version exclusive, with the exception of Legendary Pokémon.
    • Trainer teams have been improved, with the most important trainers having a fully EV-trained item holding team of six.
    • Trade-based evolution requirements can now be met without the need for trading.
    • The signature moves of Galarian Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres have had their types changed to Ice, Electric and Fire respectively with an increase in base power.
    • Secondary marts have received new inventories.
    • Item prices for Poké Balls, TMs and TRs have been significantly reduced.

All of the above changes, and many more, can be found within the official documentation. A mission statement, containing the full background and decision making behind the mod, can also be found there.

Special thanks to @missshusii on Twitter for their graphical contributions towards this mod.

Created using pkNX by Kaphotics and compatible with version 1.3.2 of Sword & Shield, Crowned Sword & Armored Shield is officially available now.

USEFUL LINKS
    CSAS Download & Documentation: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NgMyI1mxNt6iTjH6fTt1qcSUpVq_pbfx?usp=sharing

TRAILER & SCREENSHOTS
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• Crowned Sword & Armored Shield v1.0.1.zip
      1.3 MB · Views: 292
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2024
    Looks promising, it's nice to see another Gen 8 enhancement hack other that Divine Sword & Blessed Shield. I'll definitly give it a go when I have the time to do so. Btw, any plans for a Discord server in the future unless you already have one ?

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    This looks interesting. From what I read in the documentation, you won't be able to catch one of the doggos and one of the new Regis, right?

Psystrikers

PaldeanRTT
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This looks interesting. From what I read in the documentation, you won't be able to catch one of the doggos and one of the new Regis, right?
    That's correct yes, and the same for Glastrier/Spectrier. Those are the only remaining exclusives.
    Looks promising, it's nice to see another Gen 8 enhancement hack other that Divine Sword & Blessed Shield. I'll definitly give it a go when I have the time to do so. Btw, any plans for a Discord server in the future unless you already have one ?
    Thank you. No plans for a Discord at the moment.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    I think it can work on lap . I did a search on Google and it said yes. Just don't know which version people are referring to.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Hi! First, fantastic and great mod, loving it so far so congratulations. Second: Do you have any plans to improve dynamax adventures? IA in vanilla is painfully idiot and people online somehow even worse. Lol.

So any plans on that side?

Psystrikers

PaldeanRTT
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! First, fantastic and great mod, loving it so far so congratulations. Second: Do you have any plans to improve dynamax adventures? IA in vanilla is painfully idiot and people online somehow even worse. Lol.

So any plans on that side?

Glad to hear that you are enjoying it!

Unfortunately no for dynamax adventures, I wouldn't be able to edit AI behaviour and even editing the whole set of DAs would be a lot of work. My suggestion is simply to do the Suicune one as mandated by the story, then box whichever you chose until postgame, and just move on from them. If you don't get enough dynite ore to get the carrot seeds, you can get some by doing raids in the crown tundra.

I do have plans for a special version of CSAS in the future, just not that.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Sounds fair tbh. My post was a bit poor written about AI, and what I was specifically wondering was if at least movesets could be a bit more useful. Last time I got stuck because a partner got Seismitoad with this moveset:

Echoed Voice
    Supersonic
    Sludge Bomb
    Screech

And AI couldn't stop spamming supersonic or sreech. Maybe if I could just remove those moves and give him..I don't know actual water and earth moves, it could be a bit more enjoyable the feature.

Maybe if you don't have plans on that, could point out how can I work on that by myself?

Pd: and can you spoil a little about what are you planning to add in Csas? :p

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • I've been looking for something like this. Thank you, I give this game a go asap=3

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I was wondering, what's your reasoning behind the legendaries remaining version-exclusive? It would be nice to be able to catch all mons.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Hi. I was wondering if you needed version 1.3.2 or if the base version of 1.0.0 would work. thanks

Psystrikers

PaldeanRTT
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was wondering, what's your reasoning behind the legendaries remaining version-exclusive? It would be nice to be able to catch all mons.
    This mod was created using pkNX. To my knowledge there isn't a way to add events to the game for one-off encounters. I would not want to add legendaries or mythicals into wild pokemon spawns so that's why.
    Hi. I was wondering if you needed version 1.3.2 or if the base version of 1.0.0 would work. thanks
    I have not tried using anything other than 1.3.2, so that is my recommendation.

Back