• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Wow, this game has been going on for almost five years? O.o I'll definitely give it a shot, it seems very cool. But there's no screenshots of Kris in the main post. LOL She should be the main selling point since everyone wishes she'd been in the real remakes over Lyra.
    That is a good point. Get on it Diego!!! I'm really hoping for another Beta.

Years
  • Well, he's not the only one. LaZ has started liquid Crystal in 2007... But he still wants to finish the game. I wonder if Diego feels the same way.
    Edit: Reply to Xeka

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    I got a feeling that I will enjoy this hack way more than what I enjoyed Liquid Crystal...

I got one question.
    Is there a chance that you could release the Day/Night IPS as a standalone patch for Pokemon Emerald?
    That way it could be applied to Emerald and we could play it also with a Day/Night transition.

Oh and I gotta say I love how faithful you are doing things with this remake of Crystal.
    I like that a lot!

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2015
    For the pokemon what need to be traded to evolve .. Do those just evolve at a certain level or? Answer asap

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    From already thank you very much for this awesome rom

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    So I used the wall hack to enter the tin tower before getting the clear bell, and after I caught Suicune, I talked to one of the guys at the top of the room and it activated a Regirock battle. Is that normal?

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
    Years
  • I personally like the look of the pokegear because it looks sort of vintage.
    Thank you, though I didn't design it. It's mostly taken from the FireRed item PC graphics.
    THAT POKéGEAR IS AWESOME!!
    you get five
    Thank you!
    Some progress!!!! Very Beautiful. But why L/R and not UP/DOWN?
    I chose L and R instead of the more obvious Up and Down because you have to move in two dimensions on the Map Card, and that doesn't work if you use two axes for card-switching.
    I'm sorry if you felt forced to reveal it out since I couldn't help mentioning it when I watched an old youtube video run of the pokegear. I'm not sure what color to suggest other than something that resembles crystal. Also if others would like a new color too, but if not I don't mind getting the default one, thanks for being open to discussing it by the way. :)
    It's fine, I didn't really feel forced to reveal it, it was high time I stopped keeping it a secret from everyone.
    And I don't know what could be more "something that resembles crystal" than the light blue it already is. XD
    The day/night thing isn't a big deal to me but is there any early level place to catch a ghastly though?
    I'm enjoying going though Johto in a gen 3 format. :D
    At the moment, there's no place to catch a Gastly, sorry about that.
    Sorry if I repeat previously asked question, I didn't read all pages, just few random ones:

1. Does this hack got gen. 4 style attack/special attack split?
    No, and it won't have it in order to keep the game more like Crystal.
    2. Do you limit avaible pokemon to those that was avaible in Crystal, or is it possible to get all 252?
    It'll eventually be possible to get all 252, but no existing locations will be changed (all other Pokémon will be shipped off to the Sevii Islands).
    3. Can we get Celebi?
    Not yet, but it's planned.
    Responses in bold.
    this has turned out to be my favorite hack. as someone who loves the gsc series, but gets tired of the old graphics, and cant run the hgss roma without them going as slow as possible, this is exactly what i wanted! just want the kanto region now, then maybe the red battle
    Thanks a lot!
    Don't worry, good things come to those who wait.
    Wow, this game has been going on for almost five years? O.o I'll definitely give it a shot, it seems very cool. But there's no screenshots of Kris in the main post. LOL She should be the main selling point since everyone wishes she'd been in the real remakes over Lyra.

That is a good point. Get on it Diego!!! I'm really hoping for another Beta.
    There's no screenshots with Kris in them because I don't play as a girl whenever I'm going through and testing everything. However, it would be a good idea to include screenshots of both Gold and Kris in the post... I'll do it sometime.
    Well, he's not the only one. LaZ has started liquid Crystal in 2007... But he still wants to finish the game. I wonder if Diego feels the same way.
    Edit: Reply to Xeka
    Of course I feel the same way! I've wanted to complete this hack ever since I started it.
    ^^ This hack is great. THIS IS MY FAVORITE! Wishing you the best of luck, Sir! Good luck with Beta 3 and I believe that your purpose in making a finished GSC remake is pretty awesome. I love Crystal, and I'll be waiting for it's remake Crystal Dust to hit the Hall of Fame the moment it is done! ^^
    Thank you!
    I got a feeling that I will enjoy this hack way more than what I enjoyed Liquid Crystal...

I got one question.
    Is there a chance that you could release the Day/Night IPS as a standalone patch for Pokemon Emerald?
    That way it could be applied to Emerald and we could play it also with a Day/Night transition.

Oh and I gotta say I love how faithful you are doing things with this remake of Crystal.
    I like that a lot!
    I think you're the same person that posted on the DoMoreAwesome site, but let me put the answer here anyway:
    I would love to release my D/N system to the public, but it's not a "one and done" type situation. There's so many changes that have to be made for each individual ROM, which is why Shiny Quagsire is actually implementing it in his map editor MEH (which can automatically make those individualized changes).
    Thanks for playing!
    For the pokemon what need to be traded to evolve .. Do those just evolve at a certain level or? Answer asap
    You should really use the search function since this has been answered countless times, but here they are:
    Graveller and Machoke evolve by leveling up to a certain level. Kadabra and Haunter evolve by leveling up with high happiness at day (Kadabra) or night (Haunter). For Pokémon that would usually need a specific item to evolve while being traded, just have them hold the item and then level up.
    From already thank you very much for this awesome rom
    Thank you for playing!
    So I used the wall hack to enter the tin tower before getting the clear bell, and after I caught Suicune, I talked to one of the guys at the top of the room and it activated a Regirock battle. Is that normal?
    ...Well, normally you wouldn't be using a walk through walls code. Anything that happens after that, you're on your own. The reason for this happening, though, is that when I created that floor of the Tin Tower, I changed the sprites around and everything but didn't give them new scripts.

For anyone who was expecting an update or something of that nature: really sorry to disappoint.
    However, I have something new that I'm sure you'll all love: email notifications!
    That's right, you can go to the CrystalDust page on DoMoreAwesome, put in your name and email, and automatically get email notifications whenever anything new related to CrystalDust is posted! This should hopefully stop everyone from asking the same question over and over again, and will solve the problem of everyone wanting me to email them whenever a new beta is released.

Also, we have a whole bunch of new music to show off, made by Jilly Shears and MrAPT1!
    Jilly Shears:

MrAPT1:

Have a wonderful March!

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2020
    hello...this hack is so owhsome, and can you make the pokemon can go outside the ball? just remembering the fun of yellow 😅

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2021
    Diego, let me give you the main reason why I prefer your hack over Liquid Crystal...

THAT MUSIC, DUDE!!!
    Perfect preservation of the main melodies, right instrument choices, no stupid "new intros" to certain rutes...
    JUST PERFECT!

You guys are nailing everything with this hack, seriously!
    Sprites, Pokemon types and Gen limited to 2nd one, music, day/night transition, overall feeling for a perfect nostalgic orgasm
    This is without a doubt the best fan-hack/remake I have ever seen!

I can't wait to play Beta 3! Hope that happens soon.

Congrats and good luck from a felow hacker! :D

Sierraffinity

Years
  • hello...this hack is so owhsome, and can you make the pokemon can go outside the ball? just remembering the fun of yellow ??????
    I'd actually be tempted to add this feature in if it was possible to do so.
    Diego, let me give you the main reason why I prefer your hack over Liquid Crystal...

THAT MUSIC, DUDE!!!
    Perfect preservation of the main melodies, right instrument choices, no stupid "new intros" to certain rutes...
    JUST PERFECT!

You guys are nailing everything with this hack, seriously!
    Sprites, Pokemon types and Gen limited to 2nd one, music, day/night transition, overall feeling for a perfect nostalgic orgasm
    This is without a doubt the best fan-hack/remake I have ever seen!

I can't wait to play Beta 3! Hope that happens soon.

Congrats and good luck from a felow hacker! :D
    Thanks, but you really should be telling that to MrAPT1 and arugurete, they made most of the music that I'm currently using. In the future, Jilly Shears' music will be inserted, and I'm sure that'll blow you away.

Speaking of Jilly Shears, we have a new song from him for you all!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2020
    First off, love the game. Second of all, there happens to be some misplaced tiles on Route 43 on the end of the mountain range that ends right where the two small ponds begin. Also, whenever the GB Player was activated, I experienced some freezes, one of them was when I entered the Bug Catching Contest, the other was when I switched an item on my Pokémon through the give option in the bag. Oh and, which Movesets are you going for in your Crystal Dust hack? Because for some reason my Nidoking could not learn Ice Punch, which it could in G/S/C. Instead, my Noctowl could because it was most likely unchecked in wherever you edit said TM/HM List compatibility for other Pokémon aswell.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
  • First off, love the game. Second of all, there happens to be some misplaced tiles on Route 43 on the end of the mountain range that ends right where the two small ponds begin. Also, whenever the GB Player was activated, I experienced some freezes, one of them was when I entered the Bug Catching Contest, the other was when I switched an item on my Pokémon through the give option in the bag. Oh and, which Movesets are you going for in your Crystal Dust hack? Because for some reason my Nidoking could not learn Ice Punch, which it could in G/S/C. Instead, my Noctowl could because it was most likely unchecked in wherever you edit said TM/HM List compatibility for other Pokémon aswell.
    Thanks for informing me, I've added these bugs to the list (this includes the Ice Punch thing, that was probably just human error).

More songs from Jilly Shears!

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2021
    What about other langs like Japanese or Spain or Italy or Germany or France? Or do you this Project alone sorry for the other lang answer if you work this project alone

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
    Years
  • What about other langs like Japanese or Spain or Italy or Germany or France? Or do you this Project alone sorry for the other lang answer if you work this project alone

Translation of a game, especially one that is not finished yet, takes a long time. You should not expect a translation but it could happen :)

Silent Protagonist

Looking for Feebas on Route 31
    Years
  • Hello. I guess the locations of Pokemon in the hack are the same as in the original Crystal, right? Because I really want a Girafarig but I couldn't trade it from my Emerald... If it's already in, can someone tell me where? If they're not yet, can you please Diego put the Johto Pokemon not included in the original Crystal somewhere in Johto? (I've read you're planning to include all the Pokemon but since Girafarig or Mareep are from Johto they should be there, huh? :D) I hope it could be done.

Keep up the good work Diego, this hack rocks! Thanks for your work! (Btw. in CrystalDust I found my first shiny - Caterpie and then Tyrogue hached from the egg also appeared to be shiny, so... It makes your game better than others :D)

Edit: How about Move Reminder? I know he didn't exist in gen II but well, he'd be very useful! Because I forgot to take my Onix from Day Care and since trading to other game is almost impossible, y'know... :(
    Also, it's minor but what about making Leader Green's sprite more like from II gen? (I'm talking about the shoot seen in the video with battle music.) Because with his sprite from FR/LG he really doesn't look like this special last leader of gyms of Kanto but a rude, over self-assure kid. I suppose drawing sprites takes some time (maybe I could help if I could draw digitally c":) but if you'd find it and felt like making it, it'd be really cool!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    wow diesgo you are awesome. This hack is very nice looking {:3}
    will beta 3 be compatible with beta2? This would be very great !

wbr Murderlinez

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    Just finished the E4 in this hack, still looking for Heracross :( I am also gonna give a +1 on the move relearner idea but overall I like it. One of my only complaints is the lack of Mareep, I know it wasn't in crystal but I woulda loved running through the game with an Ampharos. For me it is nice to have a Crystal experience, because I never played through the original Crystal version(I've done Soulsilver, gold and regular silver though).
    Looking forward to the beta 3, and considering you were talking about the Sevii Islands, I am seriously interested in what you have planned for those, because in FR/LG it felt like they were just thrown in and incomplete, I'm hoping you don't do a copy paste job on em and really make them interesting and worth running through.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    no 4th gen phys/spec split? I can get why you'd not want to do that but for my game when I tried to apply the patch for that feature separately the game ended up crashing. Did you intentionally make it so no one can apply an extra feature? I can understand you not wanting people to do that, but for those of us that like having most pokemon actually be usable (Sneasle, Mightyena, Blaziken, ect) this seems unnecessarily cruel.

Back