• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Dark Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024

Introduction
    I need to introduce myself first!

Hey there! I am AlexAhnon, but you can call me Alex. I am a half-decent hacker and my goal is to make my hacks as fun and enjoyable as possible.

Storyline
    A hack without a story... Not interesting

You wake up in a cave, and you don't seem to remember anything at all. The only thing you remember is something about Aura and your name. You now decide to go outside, where it is raining and thunder is coming out of the clouds. When suddenly an earthquake starts to shake the ground, and it's a huge one too! Then you wake up, still it the same cave, just in a different location. Then you realize that everything that happened, like the earthquake and thunder, was all just a dream. However, you still don't remember who you are and set out on a long journey to find out.

Features
    What is a hack without unique features?

A new region called Lorana
    Lorana is a big and exotic region, mostly known to be the region where all possible Pokémon lives.

The People of Aura
    In your journey, you will encounter people with the same ability as you, the use of Aura. However, the people of Aura do have enemies as well...

Completely new maps and scripts
    You will see a lot of creative and fun maps, some with puzzles, some with not. You will also see scripts full of dramatic text and storyline to make it a lot more interesting.

25 Pokémon from the Shinnoh region is included
    All the Shinnoh legendaries are going to be in the hack, including Riolu and Lucario! Pokémon to add is being planned at the moment, feel free to suggest which Pokémon too.

The ability to use your Aura
    In several places, you can use your Aura to discover hidden secrets. There is also a heap of stones that is called an Aura Obelisk, and if you use your Aura on it, you will have to ability to heal wound Pokémon.

Travel through time and space
    You heard it. In several events, you will have the ability to travel through time, space and maybe if your lucky, the torn world!

No gyms
    You will be earning the badges a different way. ;)

POKéTRANS
    POKéTRANS stands for POKémon TRANSlator. The device will translate what a Pokémon is saying so that you have the ability to understand them!

Reveal hidden areas with a specific Pokémon
    With a certain specie of Pokémon in your party, there will be new places which will be revealed which were unavailable before.

Ability to run inside
    Just like in the 4th generation games, you will be able to run inside! Special thanks to HackMew for this.

Screenshots
    Read through the thread for more updated screenshots!

117.png
    118.png
    119.png

111.png
    112.png
    113.png

114.png
    115.png
    116.png

Thanks to...
    Just credits, nothing special...

• ...the makers of the awesome tools used in this hack!
    • ...to SwiftSign for his ideas and support!
    • ...the people who are supporting this hack!
    • ...HackMew for his awesome tools and tips on hacking!
    • ...WesleyFG and WAH for the awesome tiles!

Support
    Put these in your signature to support us!
    Remember to remove the * from the codes, or it won't work!

ubd6644.png

By AlexAhnon
    Code:
    [IMG*]http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/1162/ubd6644.png[/IMG]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2010
    Wow, nice hack. Looking good already. If you need a mapper just VM me. I'm free most days! ;)

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • It looks nice, but...how the heck is water the opposite of aura? Shouldn't something like technological masterminds trying to start wars be the opposing side?

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    It looks nice, but...how the heck is water the opposite of aura? Shouldn't something like technological masterminds trying to start wars be the opposing side?

:D How they became rivals won't be spoiled since it's a part of the storyline.
    Rivals don't always need to be the opposite. ;)

And thanks everyone! I'll contact those who offer to help If I need someone!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ehh, I like the features but I want to see more screenshots. :(
    Why the heck is that place called dream? I mean yeah, its the guy's dream but I think you should atleast name it to something different. xD

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Actually, I love how it's worded. "Met in dream".

Well, if you actually try to understand what it means it'll tell you that, that Pokemon doesn't exist. xD

I'll have to ask, does all of the legendaries means all Sinnoh legends?

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Ehh, I like the features but I want to see more screenshots. :(
    Why the heck is that place called dream? I mean yeah, its the guy's dream but I think you should atleast name it to something different. xD
    Don't worry, you won't meet it in your dream. xD
    I just tested the script out and I was like "What the heck? Why not take a picture of Riolu." :P

And I will be posting more screenshots :3

Actually, I love how it's worded. "Met in dream".
    Lol xD

Well, if you actually try to understand what it means it'll tell you that, that Pokemon doesn't exist. xD

I'll have to ask, does all of the legendaries means all Sinnoh legends?
    Yeah, all Shinnoh legends. All legendaries will have their own special event. Some other Pokémon too like Eevee and Notch-eared Pichu.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ooooh it's up! :) Looking good, like the screenshots.

(And I happen to love the idea of the people of water ;D)

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Ooooh it's up! :) Looking good, like the screenshots.

(And I happen to love the idea of the people of water ;D)

Thanks Swift ^^

Ok, now to some updates. I made my first level scripts and they are working perfectly now. Dream State mapping and scripting is all complete. :D

Now mapping GUTALO VILLAGE and after that I will start scripting the village. :)

Expect a video or some new screenshots soon!

EDIT: Please use this support userbar! :D

ubd6644.png

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Wow, the PokeTrans is awesome!
    Will Riolu's stats be different so that it'll fit being a starter?

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Wow, the PokeTrans is awesome!
    Will Riolu's stats be different so that it'll fit being a starter?

It will be a tiny bit more powerful than a normal starter, but that's just good, isn't it? However, when it evolves to Lucario, it will have even stronger stats. ^^

I just fixed some spelling errors and bugs. Its yet again bug- and glitch free. (At least from my beta testing)
    I also added a good moveset for Riolu.

Currently scripting Route 2, just finished mapping it. :)
    I will update with new screenshots when Route 2 is finished.

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    PokéTrans
    Looks good
    i wanna know what a mewtwo thinks xD

Xela

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Thanks everyone!
    Great to see that people like my idea. :D

Quick Update: I just finished scripting Route 2, and I finished mapping the first Aura Obelisk you will encounter. I will script the Aura Obelisk tomorrow. Expect some new screenshots then!

Hack fixes:
    - The POKéTRANS now have a new and better description.
    - Fixed some bugs and glitches. Its bug- and glitch free now, again.
    - Fixed some spelling errors that some of you may have noticed in the screenshots.
    - Fixed the level scripts, and tile errors. Also re-mapped Route 1.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back