• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Dark Forces: Darkrai Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am usually harsh, I got no problems. :)

Mapping- Wise. You haven't seen anything yet. TotoMud's profile has an album in there.

Scripting wise, be surprised. :P

I have a movie in my experience in FireRed Scripting. (Don't worry, Ruby and FireRed's scripting are pretty much similar.)

I'll upload it.

Prepare for some nice scripts. :)

and... These screenies are for the game in development and material may have severe changes.

The beach in the end of the game will be crowded for they will be riding Lugia to leave.

Treasure Town? You should see how does it look now.

As for the font, I see no problem with it. It looks... different... That's all. People like this funky way.

*Wow, Ray is evil since the deathwish incident... He reset his friends up... He attacks hacks in an evil way..*

Woah, sorry if i offended you, but if you can't take constructive critism, its not my problem.
    I attacked your hack with nasty critism?
    I wonder how far you'll get without critism. Think about it.

NatureKeeper

Yeah, I call constructive cricitism (bug reporting).

No, I meant, you just broke friendship with me for no reason...

But calling the maps empty in development.. Was a bit harsh for me. Now I know how I treated my sister when she mapped mt. moon for Luminous Yellow.

Last edited:

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
  • I appreciate the idea of having a unique font, and it could look good, but it does give off a "hard-to-read" aura to me. :P Perhaps making it a little bit easier to read, but still with a unique style would be a better option? There are plenty of font styles you could make. Apart from that, I am liking the story so far! Pink Parka Girl and you could have a trade thing going, but it could get icky depending on how it's done. And if you DO add trading, please get rid of the having to save before a trade thing! :o I always get a save error no matter what I do. Thanks! These hack styles are inspiring me, I hope it all goes well!

NatureKeeper

This was my sister's map. :\

@The Smell Ok, I'll talk to Pink Parka.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Yeah, I call constructive cricitism (bug reporting).

No, I meant, you just broke friendship with me for no reason...

But calling the maps empty in development.. Was a bit harsh for me. Now I know how I treated my sister when she mapped mt. moon for Luminous Yellow.

I never said i broke my friendship with you. I'm not your friend because i posted my honest opinion? I'm your friend, so i must say "Great hack, this is going to be finished"?

And the maps aren't empty?
    Spoiler:

Tell me, isn't this empty? You can just walk around.
    If you find critism harsh, don't post a hack with flaws.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    As empty as PMD2. XD It has some mountain, though... and Lapras.

mervyn, by the way, can you loop music? :\
    lol. no! no! no! i dont wanna get into the looping business! last time it made my head spin. cant i do something else? titlescreen for instance?

NatureKeeper

I never said i broke my friendship with you. I'm not your friend because i posted my honest opinion? I'm your friend, so i must say "Great hack, this is going to be finished"?

And the maps aren't empty?
    Spoiler:

Tell me, isn't this empty? You can just walk around.
    If you find critism harsh, don't post a hack with flaws.

I am not in your friend list anymore. T_T (Profile)

You kicked me out of it.

Besides, the maps are still in development. Pelipper's Office and more will be added.

#mervyn.. Oh.. I see...

I can insert music, but I cannot loop 'em.

Even when I tried to loop, It didn't XD.

Wonder how Nintendo loops...

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I am not in your friend list anymore. T_T (Profile)

You kicked me out of it.

Besides, the maps are still in development. Pelipper's Office and more will be added.

#mervyn.. Oh.. I see...

I can insert music, but I cannot loop 'em.

Even when I tried to loop, It didn't XD.

Wonder how Nintendo loops...

I didn't delete you. >.>

Good luck anyways..

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
    Years
  • .... You remember me?
    New hack huh? Well, it's fine to me, fine. NIce fonts B)
    But why are you doing so many?
    I'll explain to u why i'm not around

NatureKeeper

Now, I cancelled shade mew for a while. I have Luminous Yellow and this to deal with.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2022
    ^^ I figured that since we're both working on PMD style hacks that I should take a look around here and see what there is to see :)

Pokémon Dark Forces: Darkrai Returns

Firstly, I have a question about this screenshot. The building seems really out of place in a PMD-type world - it looks too polished, too modern. Your introduction seems to indicate that this is a world in which human beings never existed, so to have a building this technologically advanced - it sticks out like a sore thumb from the little grass houses we see in the screenshot with Latias, and also from the aesthetic established by the original PMD games themselves, in which everything looks very rustic and simplistic (and would have required only the most primitive tools to build). I'm really iffy about a "Mew cloning lab" for the same reason...

I assume the human here is simply a placeholder sprite ^^ Anyway, the same issue I had before I also have here - the building interior looks too complex and man-made. Are you planning to add your own tiles? If not, the Secret Base tilesets, and perhaps the Fortree City building interiors, would fit in a lot better with a PMD world than Birch's Lab XD

I hope I'm not just being anal about this ^^' I just think it looks weird, but if such sophisticated buildings and interiors can be explained in-game, I won't have a problem with it :)

Awwww, Mudkip looks darling XD Good job on recoloring and inserting that! :)

I quite like the text you have going on - it's unique and quirky without being a pain to read, at least for my eyes (which some fonts can be). Did you design it yourself? =P The maps do seem a bit empty, but since you say you're working on that issue, it seems to be under control :) I look forward to some new screens showing further development! Also, I'm interested in where you decide to take your storyline ^^ And if you're as talented with scripts as you claim to be, I look forward to seeing some of those in action as well; in screenshots or video :)

Good luck! I'm interested in seeing where this will go ^^

NatureKeeper

^^ I figured that since we're both working on PMD style hacks that I should take a look around here and see what there is to see :)

Firstly, I have a question about this screenshot. The building seems really out of place in a PMD-type world - it looks too polished, too modern. Your introduction seems to indicate that this is a world in which human beings never existed, so to have a building this technologically advanced - it sticks out like a sore thumb from the little grass houses we see in the screenshot with Latias, and also from the aesthetic established by the original PMD games themselves, in which everything looks very rustic and simplistic (and would have required only the most primitive tools to build). I'm really iffy about a "Mew cloning lab" for the same reason...

I assume the human here is simply a placeholder sprite ^^ Anyway, the same issue I had before I also have here - the building interior looks too complex and man-made. Are you planning to add your own tiles? If not, the Secret Base tilesets, and perhaps the Fortree City building interiors, would fit in a lot better with a PMD world than Birch's Lab XD

I hope I'm not just being anal about this ^^' I just think it looks weird, but if such sophisticated buildings and interiors can be explained in-game, I won't have a problem with it :)

Awwww, Mudkip looks darling XD Good job on recoloring and inserting that! :)

I quite like the text you have going on - it's unique and quirky without being a pain to read, at least for my eyes (which some fonts can be). Did you design it yourself? =P The maps do seem a bit empty, but since you say you're working on that issue, it seems to be under control :) I look forward to some new screens showing further development! Also, I'm interested in where you decide to take your storyline ^^ And if you're as talented with scripts as you claim to be, I look forward to seeing some of those in action as well; in screenshots or video :)

Good luck! I'm interested in seeing where this will go ^^

Cresselia ordered humans to design its interior and exterior. You'll interact with certain humans in the game. More will be a spoiler, but it is a camping trip that you will encounter crazy humans...

The text? Yeah it's from scratch.

Thanks Pink Parka Girl. Yes, I have quite nice scripts...

I cannot ASM, though....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back