• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon DarkViolet (Full Version Released)

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    Does anyone remember where they got Brick Break TM 31?
    I'm on my 2nd run and now at Celadon (rocket hideout) and i just noticed i dont have the TM. When in my first run I had it at that point of the game.
    I'm thinking it might be in S.S. Anne?
    In which case i think a good item/tm shouldnt be in there right? Since you cant get back to it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    So I've looked at Fitzhogan11's Youtube playthrough of the game, and I've messed around with the latest download you've provided (I'm not gonna do a playthrough though, sorry). Here is my feedback/suggestions in no particular order, the whole purpose of this post is just to kind of describe what my vision for this was back in 2014.

* the level curve seems quite a bit higher than what I would have made it, it really seems to ramp up towards the end. But oh well, it's not like DarkViolet's level curve was balanced to begin with, it was already out of whack. And Fitzhogan11 still managed to beat the Lv70-80's Elite Four despite his team of Lv60's lol

Thanks for the plug! I wanted to do this game justice as beta 1 was the first game I made videos of, lot of nostalgia came rushing back. Agreed on level curve, although nothing new for rom hacks, actually still quite tame even while using an Arbok lol. In terms of look/feel/sound I don't see anything to add. Thought the red herring storyline (hopefully not spoiling anyone) was well done, and this game definitely makes Giovanni and Silver infinitely more interesting than the main games.

Thank you to both of you (and everyone who helped on the game), the game was well ahead of its time and had a big impact on the community in quality of rom hacks and influx of players. Best of luck with whatever's next!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    hey hacksrepairman, you should ask chaos rush 2 things:

1. the final concept of the devil's prism, so you could add it

2. the pokemon that make up the dark violet pokedex and its location or way of obtaining

that's all I want to know, regards

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! In fact, I have solved many problems you mentioned in the newest patch, some of the problems you mentioned was already solved before.

1. Solved problems:
    * the level curve seems quite a bit higher than what I would have made it, it really seems to ramp up towards the end. But oh well, it's not like DarkViolet's level curve was balanced to begin with, it was already out of whack. And Fitzhogan11 still managed to beat the Lv70-80's Elite Four despite his team of Lv60's lol

I've adjusted the level of Elite Four. Now the Elite Four have Lv71-Lv76 Pokemon.

* In general, for boss trainers like Elite Four and such, every Pokemon would have been the same level except for their signature Pokemon being two levels higher than the rest of the team (like how BW, B2W2 and ORAS does it, for example: Lv35, Lv35, Lv35, and Lv37. As opposed to a team of Lv34, Lv36, Lv35, Lv37). The final battles with Gym Leaders, Kamon, Giovanni, Elite Four and Champion should follow this rule as that is what I would have done.
    * my original plan was that if you battled every trainer in Kanto (including the Elite Four), you would have seen all 210 Pokemon (minus the legendaries of course). Some Pokemon that the Elite Four use (such as Gengar, Machamp, Dragonite, etc.) would NOT have been used by normal trainers of course.
    * Birth Island looks a bit different from what I intended. I would have intended it to look EXACTLY like how it does in Emerald just for the sake of consistency, right down to the RSE rock palettes and the unique trees. It also needs its proper dock building (same with the postgame areas).
    * Like Birth Island, I would have made Faraway Island look EXACTLY like it does in Emerald, including the really tall grass I've made them look the same as how they looks like in Emerald.
    * Tauros would have been found on Route 23, and it would have been the only location its available in-game
    * Dratini would have been found in the water on Route 23
    * I would have put some Trainers in the lower portion of Route 23
    * In general, I would not have had unevolved high-level wild Pokemon. For instance, rather than Lv50 Spearow's appearing on Route 23, they would have been Fearow's, period. Every Pokemon past its evolutionary level simply would have been its evolved form. (So yeah, feel free to add wild Pidgeots
    in the postgame areas lol)
    * in order to fix the tiles glitch with the Elite Four PokeMart, replace the tiles in the room with the ones from the top part of the main tileset.
    * Blaine's Gym should have a DarkViolet-styled battle background, not a default FRLG battle background
    * You used FRLG-style house exteriors in the Battle Zone, that is NOT something I would have done. One of DarkViolet's aspects was to use RSE-style graphics, including the houses, and that means the door heights as well.
    * minor error with Deoxys's data, it's supposed to be genderless. This is my fault because in the data I had made a "new" Deoxys because the FireRed Deoxys is Attack-forme and I wanted Normal-forme for the story

All these things are fixed.

* I would also suggest varying up the graphics a little in the Battle Zone so that not everywhere looks the same

I changed the houses and now each area has unique houses, but they still have no door animations.

* I would suggest switching around Mewtwo's level-up set so that it doesn't have Shadow Ball when you catch it, that way the battle with Deoxys is a bit harder. Also make sure Deoxys also has Psycho Boost. The idea was that Mewtwo and Deoxys would Psycho Boost each other lol.

I have changed Mewtwo's movepool, so it has Swift now instead of Shadow Ball.

* Prof. Oak would have been battle-able after you beat the Elite Four. I never planned out his team but it would have been very similar, if not exactly the same as his RGBY beta team. Do whatever you want with that piece of information.

You can battle him now, his team is almost the same as his RGBY team(I added a Dragonite, that was inspired by the anime).

* when you beat the Champion, instead of playing the Gym Leader victory theme, I was going to have it play the title screen music. I'm not joking.

I changed the victory music of the champion in this update.

2. Already solved problems/Not really problems:
    * on Fitzhogan11's videos, some trainers on the sea routes below Fuchsia use the wrong battle sprites, such as a Picknicker using the default FRLG sprite instead of the HGSS styled ones that it should use

This was already fixed in the earlier patch, I assume Fitz was playing an old patch.

* In your beta you can't actually reach Articuno. I see that you've mimicked the HGSS Seafoam Islands layout, which is great because that's exactly what I would have done, but it seems that you didn't account for the sliding ice block puzzle that HGSS did (I probably would have removed it or replaced it with Strength puzzle) and as a result you can't reach Articuno :(

You can reach Articuno, in Fitz's vedio, he chose the wrong path, so there's no way he can reach Articuno. If you check out the Hg/ss Seafoam Island, you'll find that it's pretty tricky to find Articuno. As for the ice puzzle, I changed it a bit so I don't really need the sliding ice thing.

* Victory Road would have used a remix of its HGSS music
    * Indigo Plateau's music would have been the same as FRLG, just lowered in pitch to match RGBY
    * the Elite Four was going to have a brand new remix of the Kanto Gym Leader battle theme (also in Fitzhogan11's video, the victory theme plays the regular trainer victory theme instead of the Gym Leader victory theme that it should)
    * the Champion was going to use its FRLG theme, but with its pitch lowered to match RGBY

The music was already changed in the last patch, but the champion one isn't perfect, I checked out the instruments and I didn't find anything wrong, I guess the problem is caused by the mixer of the game.

* Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle would have been obtainable in some way in the post game. I never thought of how though lol, so it's up to you to decide how you want to include them.

In the newest patch, Green/Red gives you one starter, and Blue gives you another starter in the Battle Zone.

* If you go to Celadon City and head to the balcony of the "Chaos Rush Headquarters" building (right next to the Game Freak building), there are a couple trainers that are actually cameos of ROM hackers giradialkia and MrDollSteak, who had helped me over the years. They were intended to be
    battle-able after you beat the Elite Four. I believe that their teams are already in the ROM in Beta 2, their flags just need to be activated so that you can battle them after you beat the Elite Four.

I assume Fitz didn't play that part of the game, I've actiated those battle events in the very first version of this fixed patch.

* the Champion is supposed to have Machamp instead of Alakazam (I think you already fixed that though as someone pointed out, but in Fitzhogan11's video he uses Alakazam)

Yeah, I've already fixed that. The patch he was playing must be pretty old.

3. I can't solve these problems:
    * none of the new areas have proper door animations

THIS is the only thing I can't really do, the door animations in Dark Violet are completely redone and I don't know how to add new door animations by myself in this hack.

* I know you're not a music hacker, but I might as well just say this anyways lol. Kamon and Giovanni would have had their own final battle themes that are more "intense" versions of their original themes
    * Cerulean Cave was going to have its own unique theme, kind of a "final dungeon/this is it" vibe
    * Mewtwo was going to have its own battle theme separate from the legendary birds theme. Mew was also going to use Mewtwo's battle theme (in Fitzhogan11's video you made it have RSE battle music?!?). However, I think using the theme I made for the legendary birds works just fine for Mewtwo and Mew.
    * the battle with Green/Red on Route 23 would have actually played a demix of the BW/B2W2 VGC Champion Battle theme, which itself is a remix of the RGBY Champion battle theme (I'm not kidding lol, this was always my plan)
    * Route 23 would have used a remix of HGSS's Route 26-27 music (but ONLY Route 23. Indigo Plateau would have still used its original music albeit with its pitch corrected)

Sounds like I can't do anything to these things, just as I said, I'm a terrible rom hacker, I can't even compose new music by myself, so I can't really bring those amazing ideas back to life, sorry. By the way, Mew has the legendary birds music now.

* not to sound nitpicky but pretty much all of the added maps have tile errors and inconsistencies with the maps that were already in Beta 2. But the layouts are good though. I understand maybe you're relatively new to ROM hacking but maybe someone could help you with that (but not me lol, I'm done with ROM hacking)

I'm not trying to deny that I'm a terrible hacker, but the maps were copied from Hg/SS, some strange places like the ugly beach on Route 19 was based off the official map, I think I may need to make them look more like Dark Violet maps instead of simplified Hg/SS maps.

* Seafoam Islands wasn't going to use the FRLG tileset, at some point before cancellation I actually made a tileset for it that looked like the HGSS one but in RSE style (like the rest of the maps). Shame I don't have it anymore though :(

I know what you want is a RSE style tileset, but the original RSE ice cave tileset is not so good, so I didn't use it. I think the one you made must be great, it's a pity that you lost it.

* Same with the Elite Four and Champion, the backgrounds should be DarkViolet styled and not default FRLG. The Elite Four would have had their own colors for their battle backgrounds, of course.

I think I may need help to make some DarkViolet style backgrounds.

I forgot to mention one thing, in the new patch, Archer and Ariana battle you when you have watched the diary, they are meant to ambush player. I don't know what your plan about their battle was, so I did this. I know it's hard to defeat them both at the same time, but I think it makes sense.

I haven't had a chance to comment yet, but having worked on this hack back in the day, I'm ecstatic to see it completed, and just want to echo Chaos' thoughts about your great work.

Regarding some of the issues that Chaos found, I've quoted the ones I would be happy to help with, I can't guarantee how quickly I will get to any of them, but feel free to hit me up with a PM, and I'll do my best to help.
    Thank you so much! I'm happy that you decided to come back to finish this great hack! In fact, most things you listed was fixed in the latest patch, however, there're several problems which I can'd do by myself. I wish that you can help me to finish these:

1* Seafoam Islands wasn't going to use the FRLG tileset, at some point before cancellation I actually made a tileset for it that looked like the HGSS one but in RSE style (like the rest of the maps). Shame I don't have it anymore though :(
    2* Same with the Elite Four and Champion, the backgrounds should be DarkViolet styled and not default FRLG. The Elite Four would have had their own colors for their battle backgrounds, of course.
    3* not to sound nitpicky but pretty much all of the added maps have tile errors and inconsistencies with the maps that were already in Beta 2. But the layouts are good though. I understand maybe you're relatively new to ROM hacking but maybe someone could help you with that (but not me lol, I'm done with ROM hacking)
    These are what you said you are willing to help, I'm really thankful, sir. I'm sure this hack will become a real finished one with your help. By the way, may I ask you one thing? Could you please help me with this problem?

4* none of the new areas have proper door animations

This is the only thing I can't do. DarkViolet's door animations are different from Frlg door animations, so I don't know how to edit or add door animations in this hack. I really hope that someone can help me to fix this, I hope that you can help me to do this. Anyway, I'm thankful that you are willing to help.

I've watched ChaosRush's feedback and I tried my best to fix the patch to make it better, and here's the newest patch.
    The old download link still works:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/amupizq0o4es8w8/dark-violet-continued-b2.1.ips

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2019
    Hey friend, can I use my save from the previous release? The one from the middle of may, or do I have to start over?

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    THIS is the only thing I can't really do, the door animations in Dark Violet are completely redone and I don't know how to add new door animations by myself in this hack.

* I know you're not a music hacker, but I might as well just say this anyways lol. Kamon and Giovanni would have had their own final battle themes that are more "intense" versions of their original themes
    * Cerulean Cave was going to have its own unique theme, kind of a "final dungeon/this is it" vibe
    * Mewtwo was going to have its own battle theme separate from the legendary birds theme. Mew was also going to use Mewtwo's battle theme (in Fitzhogan11's video you made it have RSE battle music?!?). However, I think using the theme I made for the legendary birds works just fine for Mewtwo and Mew.
    * the battle with Green/Red on Route 23 would have actually played a demix of the BW/B2W2 VGC Champion Battle theme, which itself is a remix of the RGBY Champion battle theme (I'm not kidding lol, this was always my plan)
    * Route 23 would have used a remix of HGSS's Route 26-27 music (but ONLY Route 23. Indigo Plateau would have still used its original music albeit with its pitch corrected)

Sounds like I can't do anything to these things, just as I said, I'm a terrible rom hacker, I can't even compose new music by myself, so I can't really bring those amazing ideas back to life, sorry. By the way, Mew has the legendary birds music now.[/url]

hacksrepairman, for the new music, and this is just a suggestion, you can try asking for help from giradialkia, who was the composer of dark violet along with chaos rush, and I have another question, since you have given life back to dark violet, you have you planned to do the sequel to this? You can ask Chaos Rush about dark violet´sequel ideas if he had them.
    that's it, greetings

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • Thank you so much! I'm happy that you decided to come back to finish this great hack! In fact, most things you listed was fixed in the latest patch, however, there're several problems which I can'd do by myself. I wish that you can help me to finish these:

1* Seafoam Islands wasn't going to use the FRLG tileset, at some point before cancellation I actually made a tileset for it that looked like the HGSS one but in RSE style (like the rest of the maps). Shame I don't have it anymore though :(
    2* Same with the Elite Four and Champion, the backgrounds should be DarkViolet styled and not default FRLG. The Elite Four would have had their own colors for their battle backgrounds, of course.
    3* not to sound nitpicky but pretty much all of the added maps have tile errors and inconsistencies with the maps that were already in Beta 2. But the layouts are good though. I understand maybe you're relatively new to ROM hacking but maybe someone could help you with that (but not me lol, I'm done with ROM hacking)
    These are what you said you are willing to help, I'm really thankful, sir. I'm sure this hack will become a real finished one with your help. By the way, may I ask you one thing? Could you please help me with this problem?

4* none of the new areas have proper door animations

This is the only thing I can't do. DarkViolet's door animations are different from Frlg door animations, so I don't know how to edit or add door animations in this hack. I really hope that someone can help me to fix this, I hope that you can help me to do this. Anyway, I'm thankful that you are willing to help.

Great, graphics are my main thing anyway so I'm happy to help. I'm not 100% sure how to do Door Animations (it's been a long time), but the other things sound doable.

I'll PM you any assets once I'm done.

Gurire

sinnoh confirmed
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2018
    Hey there! I didn't personally play this ROM hack so I can't tell you anything gameplay wise or glitch wise, but I did watch playthroughs of it on YouTube, including Fitz's. As such, I can comment on the way that the game is written. I know a lot of it would come from picking up the start of a plot someone else had written, and for what it's worth, I didn't notice any difference in writing style, which is a good thing! The writing blended seamlessly. That being said, the writing isn't perfect, and I think it's worthy of criticizing given how vastly it veers off course from the original FRLG story.

I'll start out with praising the plot twist with Deoxys vs. Mewtwo, which is of course a carry-over of the original ROM hacker's intention; I thought it was an interesting plot twist, and though it definitely had Black and White vibes to it, it still felt unique enough to stand on its own. I also liked how involved everyone was in this particular plot, which made the characters connect to you more. Daisy in particular is super praise-worthy in that she became a gym leader and she was still heavily involved, which made her really fleshed out as a character to me. The plot itself and its story structure works well, and I also like how the other protagonist was involved in the story, which reminded me of one of the few things I liked about the Sinnoh games.

The problem lies with how the information within this plot is conveyed. See, a lot of the dialogue of the characters is expository and absent of individual character, and while some exposition is necessary to ensure the player is on the same page as the plot, I think this ROM hack has a vast overabundance of it to the point that the exposition comes off less as getting the player up to speed and natural conversation flow between the characters and more fluff that conveys very little in many words. It got to the point that a conversation lasted so long that the person playing the ROM hack stated frustration with the cutscene; again, long cutscenes are all right, but only if the material is engaging enough to necessitate a cutscene and, unfortunately, it usually isn't in this case. Certainly this much exposition is nice if the plot is confusing, but the plot in this ROM hack is actually very simple, so the player has long since figured out what's going on within it by the time they've explained it like five times. As a result, the dialogue is also very repetitious, and that can turn people off of the story because they just want to get back to playing the game already.

A good example of this is in the plot twist with Mewtwo being the Pokémon Giovanni actually wants. You discover this in a subtle "Aha!" moment that's amazing for a player to experience, finding a journal that makes it sink in that this must be the thirteen-years-ago incident that Giovanni was talking about. This is a great way to convey this information, because it allows the player to piece together the story without insulting their intelligence. Unfortunately, the game then goes on to spout out a bunch of expository dialogue about what they just learned, and then to describe that in depth twice, before finally actually moving on to something new in the dialogue, turning what was originally a fun moment of discovery into "Yeah, yeah, I get it, can we move on already? Geez". This is only one of several examples of this happening throughout the plot. I think the most egregious, and thus the most insulting, example of this is when the player outright sees the Marowak die, which was a great scene by the way, only for them to be outright told later when they meet the ghost Marowak that it's the same Marowak through a dialogue box. This part is insulting because it really isn't hard for the player to deduce they're the same Marowak, and yet the script thinks the player is so incompetent at gathering this for themselves that it goes out of its way to waste the player's time in describing it, which can reduce the emotional impact of the scene.

You need to keep in mind your audience for these ROM hacks. You really don't need that much exposition for the player; much of those who even know about this ROM hack will be able to pick up the plot threads for themselves without the characters explaining them over and over again. If your concern is the characters even knowing about these plot threads, you could easily do an ellipsis which would imply that the protagonist is explaining everything that happened in the plot so far to them, and then have the characters react to that. They don't need to make such explanations overwrought.

Every line that you write should have some kind of purpose behind it, and you need to consider whether it's really necessary to include a line. That purpose doesn't need to be strictly plot related; it could be just conveying something about the character. Some of my favorite lines are in regard to Blue. I liked the little character plot thread going on with him in which it seems like he doesn't register how serious the situation is, but in reality he's more involved than Green is. Unfortunately, because the story focuses so much on this exposition, there's not enough time dedicated to this Blue and Green contrast, and the reason why this in particular stands out is because Green is noticeably less proactive in the plot than Blue is, something the game could've poked at (and even being a clever parody of HGSS, which has a similar issue of the other protagonist not being that involved in the plot even though they talk about things in the plot). In addition, I think it's a seriously missed opportunity not to have a double battle with Blue against any of the Team Rocket members, which could be especially significant in showing gameplay wise that Blue is actually being very helpful and competent despite Green's criticisms of him not taking the situation seriously.

My greatest concern character wise relates to Silver/Kamon. In HG/SS (and GSC), there was the heavy implication that Giovanni was his father. But what made HGSS and GSC so masterful is that it was never confirmed, and Silver/Kamon kept that realistic characterization of having his behavior informed by his relationship with Giovanni, but having it not explained outright in the script. I'm not saying that this should be a secret in this ROM hack by any means, but I think the overarching problem with the script in that everything is overwrought and overexplained hampers Silver/Kamon's plot thread the most. Him outright explaining that his mother died to some strangers he just met seems wildly inconsistent with how he hardly ever mentioned his familial situation in HGSS. I like the idea behind this, that he's trying to calm his father down and reason with him, but I think the execution gets in the way of this being impactful to those who play the ROM hack. Certainly it affected people as demonstrated in this thread, but I think it could've been better than it already was. Again, this is about letting the player connect the threads together. Giovanni could still talk about his revenge plan (once, mind you; he explained it multiple times in multiple different meetings, and I think that's a little much, explaining it once would have sufficed), mentioning his dead wife there, and then we find out through Giovanni's dialogue or simply in the way that he interacts with Silver/Kamon that he is his father. Through this, the player can piece together that Silver/Kamon was deeply affected by the same incident that Giovanni was, in a subtler way that stays more faithful to HGSS's intention. That realization that the player would have about this would make the player feel sorrier for him than if he explains it outright, and allows the player's imagination to run wilder.

Keep in mind, though, that I still adored this plot and I admire the effort that was put into writing it. It's one of my favorite plots of any ROM hack, and it's definitely well done, and it's very interesting to delve into! Really, the problem lies just in how overwrought it really is. Sometimes, less is more. I'm willing to go line by line and assess them individually to see what you could change if you need examples of improvement, but for now, I hope this post adequately conveys what I liked about the plot and what I think could use improvement. Now, if you don't feel like implementing these changes, especially since it would be a pretty big overhaul of the script, that's understandable; you can use this advice for future endeavors in ROM hacking. Or don't! It's fine either way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    I appreciate your feedback, but I must say the criticism that you're writing is stuff I'm well aware of that I've already realized years ago, and agree with 100%. Be aware that I canceled this hack in 2014, and my opinions towards DarkViolet have vastly changed since then.

So, to be clear,
    I think the plot of Pokémon DarkViolet is very very very badly written, and I regret ever making this hack. (but I'm glad to see it completed nonetheless)

I was about to write out my issues with it but then I realized, what's the point lol, I'm done with this hack and I've been done with it since 2014. The whole concept of this hack simply stemmed from wanting to make an updated Kanto hack. Stuff like evolutions from Gens 2-4, more varied Trainer intro music, actual Team Rocket battle music, better Pokemon variety, etc. All that sounds good to me, but unfortunately 16-year-old me also thought "improving" the story was a good idea. Today my idea of a perfect Kanto remake would actually retain a lot of concepts DarkViolet introduced, but it is my firm belief that any Kanto remake should retain the story used in the original Game Boy games and FRLG, and should not tamper with it. But if anyone wants to take the story and modify it to improve it, make it less edgy, or whatever, and even make a "DarkViolet improved" hack or something, then be my guest.

At this point I'm just gonna say people can do whatever they want with DarkViolet; for me it's in the past and it'll stay there.

Gurire

sinnoh confirmed
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2018
    I appreciate your feedback, but I must say the criticism that you're writing is stuff I'm well aware of that I've already realized years ago, and agree with 100%. Be aware that I canceled this hack in 2014, and my opinions towards DarkViolet have vastly changed since then.

So, to be clear,
    I think the plot of Pokémon DarkViolet is very very very badly written, and I regret ever making this hack. (but I'm glad to see it completed nonetheless)

I was about to write out my issues with it but then I realized, what's the point lol, I'm done with this hack and I've been done with it since 2014. The whole concept of this hack simply stemmed from wanting to make an updated Kanto hack. Stuff like evolutions from Gens 2-4, more varied Trainer intro music, actual Team Rocket battle music, better Pokemon variety, etc. All that sounds good to me, but unfortunately 16-year-old me also thought "improving" the story was a good idea. Today my idea of a perfect Kanto remake would actually retain a lot of concepts DarkViolet introduced, but it is my firm belief that any Kanto remake should retain the story used in the original Game Boy games and FRLG, and should not tamper with it. But if anyone wants to take the story and modify it to improve it, make it less edgy, or whatever, and even make a "DarkViolet improved" hack or something, then be my guest.

At this point I'm just gonna say people can do whatever they want with DarkViolet; for me it's in the past and it'll stay there.

Yeah, I figured you might feel that way about it. You did say that you washed your hands clean of this particular ROM hack. Personally, I think for something you wrote when you were sixteen, a lot of the plot threads were great, and I found it super interesting to get into; I don't bother to write such criticisms for plots I don't like or care about. I personally like the idea of modifying the plot as if I wanted to play something that was more vanilla, there are plenty of ROM hacks or fan games like that already in existence, which is why I took such an interest in this particular endeavor. Still, I can see why your opinion would change on that over time.

I would be happy to help work on and edit a story script to refine this one, but I'm not personally comfortable doing ROM hacking yet when I haven't even made a ROM hack of my own, let alone refining someone else's idea.

Seriously, though, thank you for even presenting the ROM hack in the first place, it's given me a lot to talk and think about the past two days!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I need help with one thing, does anyone know where to find the porydisk and the porydisk 2.0? I need them to evolve to porygon and complete the pokedex

edit:I already evolved to porygon in proygon2 with an up-grade, now I would like to know where to get the object to evolve to porygon2 in porygon-z

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I've uploaded four more Dark Violet music.

Battle! (Blue)

Battle! (Red/Green)

Route 16
    I wasn't really so sure on what to name for this one (and I wasn't sure whether Chaos Rush gave this a decent title). This one is a remix of Cycling Theme from Pokémon Origins into GBA soundfonts. Instead of naming this after the original, I just named this from the first route playing this time like the ones in the Pokémon original soundtracks.

Battle! (Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres)

More to come... but let's see if I will have more quality time to do so.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    hacksrepairman, I feel the double post, but I have found a bug in cerulean city when you go to route 9 in is post game

by the way, in a future update you should put an object to be able to evolve to porygon2 in porygon-z since that object is not in this version and porygon2 does not evolve by level

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    hacksrepairman, I feel the double post, but I have found a bug in cerulean city when you go to route 9 in is post game

by the way, in a future update you should put an object to be able to evolve to porygon2 in porygon-z since that object is not in this version and porygon2 does not evolve by level

Use Dubious Disc on it

Back