• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
  • If you want to stay up to date with us and possibly get early access to the beta before it goes on Pokecommunity, I am happy to announce that Discovery has it's own website right here. See you soon! :D

Also we've added a page to FB: link
    And here is our tweet page: link

I'll be updating the status of Discovery on those two often, as well as keeping the site up to date and looking awesome, (if you haven't looked, go look at it now). For now just know that Touched and I have been working to add the second message box on screen for the LoW event and we are closing in and almost done.

Years
  • Accidentally asked the following question on Pokemon FatKid ment to ask it here:

Is there a female OW?
    Or for the stories sake is the player forced to be male?

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • Accidentally asked the following question on Pokemon FatKid ment to ask it here:

Is there a female OW?
    Or for the stories sake is the player forced to be male?
    You can be a female, the objective of this hack is for everyone to have a different experience and get different outcomes, and plus the player has more control, the story compliments that, so being a guy or a girl doesn't change a thing. You can be a guy or a girl, but it really doesn't matter in the story.

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • You can be a female, the object of this hack is for everyone to have a different experience but get the same outcome, and plus the player has more control, the story compliments that, so being a guy or a girl doesn't change a thing. You can be a guy or a girl, but it really doesn't matter in the story.

Woahhhhhhhhhhh there cowboy, the outcomes won't be the same. LoW won't only choose what happens in the story, it chooses one of three planned endings. And yes you can be a girl. You can see it in some of the screenshots on the home page.

Female
    Pokémon: Discovery

Last edited:
    Years
  • And yes you can be a girl. You can see it in some of the screenshots on the home page.

Thanks for the quick replies you two, really looking forward to the hack :).
    Disappointed you put ampharos' evolutionary line on the chopping block though, haha.
    I may have to break the game and add them back in causing dragon trainers across the board to have flaffy's x3

Le pug

Years
  • Thanks for the quick replies you two, really looking forward to the hack :).
    Disappointed you put ampharos' evolutionary line on the chopping block though, haha.
    I may have to break the game and add them back in causing dragon trainers across the board to have flaffy's x3

Well we're probably going to expand the pokedex for events purposes and if we do I'll try and squeeze mareep in there {:3}

Years
  • My apologies if it is to early in development to ask but I was curious,
    Do you have any plans on adding in the follow-me shinyquagsire made and allowing a select few pokemon to follow the player in future versions of the game?

Last edited:

Le pug

Years
  • My apologies if it is to early in development to ask but I was curious,
    Do you have any plans on adding in the follow-me shinyquagsire made and allowing a select few pokemon to follow the player in future versions of the game?

His followme isn't fully functional yet and is probably only for FR atm. It'd probably take awhile to port that ASM to Emerald even if he was done so IDK yet but I'll look into it when it's more developed. Only pokemon I'd allow are those that are eevee or their eeveelutions

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    I've been checking for the beta every day this month :)

Is this game going to have a physical/special split?

Le pug

Years
  • I've been checking for the beta every day this month :)

Is this game going to have a physical/special split?

I mean I inserted it but IDK if it's fully functional at the moment haven't really began testing for it

and sorry i know, a few bugs popping up and just trying to perfect stuff

Hey guys if you want to know a little more about what exactly the Level of Will system will entail, I made a quick Q&A page on the website: click here to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Le pug

Years
  • Well while I await answer from any actual working moderator on making a poll for the thread, I need you guys to help me out. You as the player are going to help decide the starter. I know I've gone over this before, but I want to see what everyone wants because certain people think eeveelutions as a starter is too overpowered. So just comment with which you'd prefer and why.

Choices (with links) are:
    1. Eevee, no eeveelutions for a long time
    2. Eeveelutions, you get one a few minutes after eevee is obtained.
    3. Hawlucha
    4. Pancham (with a possible type change to Fighting / Dark off the bat)
    5. or Other (you pick a choice and support a reason why it should be that pokemon. I'd prefer you choose from above though)

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Well while I await answer from any actual working moderator on making a poll for the thread, I need you guys to help me out. You as the player are going to help decide the starter. I know I've gone over this before, but I want to see what everyone wants because certain people think eeveelutions as a starter is too overpowered. So just comment with which you'd prefer and why.

Choices (with links) are:
    1. Eevee, no eeveelutions for a long time
    2. Eeveelutions, you get one a few minutes after eevee is obtained.
    3. Hawlucha
    4. Pancham (with a possible type change to Fighting / Dark off the bat)
    5. or Other (you pick a choice and support a reason why it should be that pokemon. I'd prefer you choose from above though)

I like Pancham, but idk if I'd want as a starter pokemon? Is there not an option for Eevee with eeveelutions after a moderate amount of time (so between 'a few minutes' and 'a long time')? I think that would be best if that's a possibility because just Eevee on its own I don't feel would be powerful enough to get 'a long way' through the game, but an eeveelution straight away would be too powerful, so there needs to be like a middle ground I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Just my two cents.

Back