• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
  • Hey everybody I'm back! A long deployment over with, I am here to tell you that, yes, I worked on Discovery while I was under the sea! A few more tweaks that I couldn't do away from the internet and the beta will be released. Thanks for being awesome and supporting me while I was gone! Glad to be back.

Glad to see you back! Looking forward to the beta.:)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • So was just gonna wait and release it, but I suppose I'll fill everyone in on the status of the hack.

I finished up all the maps and the remaining details, finished as far as I want to go in graphics as far as battle scenes, titlescreen, etc. for the first beta, and I've just updated over 250 Pokemon stats to match that of more current generations (I feel the movesets are a lot more balanced) so there really isn't anything left to do but beta test it so as the Discovery team finishes that over the next few days, stay tuned because the beta will be coming. : ]

Le pug

Years
  • Hooyah, everyone. Just finished the new thread style after a few days. Barely have any free time right now because work is crazy but just know that the hack is coming. To present the coming of time, not only have I updated the thread style but I've made a trailer for the hack including some live-action footage starring yours truly! I hope you like it!

[hd]tTRHFOMRGPQ[/hd]​

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    Pokémon: Discovery

Assuming the +2 is "good", shouldn't this be reversed? I would think killing someone, regardless of who they are or what they've done, would result in bad karma.

I also personally think that there shouldn't be stats showing the exact effects of your actions. It feels a lot more like a real choice when the decisions aren't just in black and white, and there aren't any clearly defined good/evil choices.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    That was some very smooth video editing (not a skill that comes easily to me haha), great job with the trailer. I agree with Chrunch regarding actual plus/minus statistics, but I understand its benefits (the player will know their LoW rating at all times). Hyped for the release :D

Le pug

Years
  • Pokémon: Discovery

Assuming the +2 is "good", shouldn't this be reversed? I would think killing someone, regardless of who they are or what they've done, would result in bad karma.

I also personally think that there shouldn't be stats showing the exact effects of your actions. It feels a lot more like a real choice when the decisions aren't just in black and white, and there aren't any clearly defined good/evil choices.

well at certain levels of will you get perks for different events and to engage in them you'll need a certain amount of positive or negative LoW depending on the case. Sure killing someone is bad, but not if that person is willing to kill or rob an entire city of its food supply or threatens to return and seek vengeance on the people ... obviously it's based on the character and where it's at in the story .. plus you're on an island of no laws and so really anything can go. Sure it may be your belief that all creatures are good and killing one is a sin or whatever but that's not what the game is taking into account, I'm not inputting religion into my game. Sorry you feel that way about the stats but it's something I've taken a census on from people and based off what the stats are used for, it makes more sense to have it. I didn't want it at first either but it makes the situations better.

Years
  • Hooyah, everyone. Just finished the new thread style after a few days. Barely have any free time right now because work is crazy but just know that the hack is coming. To present the coming of time, not only have I updated the thread style but I've made a trailer for the hack including some live-action footage starring yours truly! I hope you like it!

[hd]tTRHFOMRGPQ[/hd]​

That's absolutely gorgeous. I think I will enjoy this hack once its released!

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years

[hd]tTRHFOMRGPQ[/hd]​

Ok i'm Fired Up To Play This{:3}

Le pug

Years
  • I've said this many times in the past and hated every time I've fell through with saying so... But it's due to Tcoppy and I trying to perfect it as much as possible but we know it won't be. Just want it to be as bug-free as possible and not only that we are always coming up with new things to add. There are features and things we'll add to beta 1 content in beta 2 but they won't short sell the first beta. All apart of trying to keep the content original and new everytime but I digress. The release date for Beta 1 is 25FEB2015 which is just two days away! Thanks for all your support of the past year and a half. Being in the Navy and working crazy hours has delayed it this long but I think it's for the best. Thanks everyone again! Tcoppy and I are grateful.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • The release date for Beta 1 is 25FEB2015 which is just two days away! Thanks for all your support of the past year and a half. Being in the Navy and working crazy hours has delayed it this long but I think it's for the best. Thanks everyone again! Tcoppy and I are grateful.
    Hype Train's almost there.. Just two days! Looking forward to that beta.

Samuraipizzacats

Call me Seb
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2016
    I think this is great news! Im happy with the decision to launch the first beta, so the normal people (me) can experience the game and hopefully help you with finding some possible bugs or make suggestions. I like how you guys are trying to make it perfect and I'm looking forward to play it!

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
    Years
  • I think this is great news! Im happy with the decision to launch the first beta, so the normal people (me) can experience the game and hopefully help you with finding some possible bugs or make suggestions. I like how you guys are trying to make it perfect and I'm looking forward to play it!

Hype Train's almost there.. Just two days! Looking forward to that beta.
    Thank you both! Le pug and I really do appreciate all the support and we're trying our best to make everything perfect.

However, and this is for everybody looking forward to playing, as much as we're trying to perfect everything, we're still human. So please, when you play, report any trouble you encountered while playing to us via vms/pms and through this thread. We really want to make sure the rom hack is as perfect as we can possibly get it.

Back