• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    I meant the fact that nothing happens after I patch it. What to do next? I was expecting a new GBA file to be created.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    WHATS GOING UP WITH THIS HACK
    IS IN PROGRESS?

Yes.

Hello everyone!
    I would really love to play this rom hack but unfotunately I have a little problem with the ups patch. I 've donwloaded a working Fire Red rom and emulating it with VBA-M. The problem is that when I try to apply the ups patch on the rom with the nups.exe I get this messagge "The patch doesn't match the file. Patching canceled."
    I tryed also with other firered rom but I always get this message. So what should i do? is there a website where I can find a rom compatible with the ups patch?
    Thanks a lot!

What pokemonfan1997 said! Select "Apply an UPS patch to a file" and select "Ignore" for if the file is invalid.

I meant the fact that nothing happens after I patch it. What to do next? I was expecting a new GBA file to be created.

If you didn't choose the option to create a new file, then the Fire Red ROM you selected was patched instead.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    is dream world a region or a sevii island kinda thing because adding 712 poke in 1 region its probably goin to be thig

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    If you didn't choose the option to create a new file, then the Fire Red ROM you selected was patched instead.

Tried that before. Its just the same fire red.

EDIT: For some reason it is working now. Tell me again why aren't you allowed to just put a ROM?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    is dream world a region or a sevii island kinda thing because adding 712 poke in 1 region its probably goin to be thig

It's a bit different than a region, but I guess you could say it's similar to the Sevii Islands. But it gives the opportunity to include a lot of new Pokémon too. I know 721 seems too much for one region, which is why there's the Dream World, Pokémon obtained through Headbutt trees, trash cans and several other ways, as well as Mirage Spots if they are needed.

Tried that before. Its just the same fire red.

EDIT: For some reason it is working now. Tell me again why aren't you allowed to just put a ROM?

I'm happy it works! Distribution of ROMs is against the forum rules.

I've already mapped the next town but I want to post an update on that when I'm finished with the dialogue and events there, so here's a screenshot!

Pokémon Eclipse Version

Savashy

headsplitter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    The hack looks great, and i also agree that you should change the first gym to ghost, it would add variety to the game

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2020
    I finished the game so far. It was quite interesting, especially liked the tournament.

My team currently consists of:
    Luxray lv32
    Staraptor lv34
    Gardevoir lv32 - gotta love magical leaf :D
    Crawdaunt lv31

By the way... Will the saves be able to get transferred to the next version?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I think adding a Island chain is more suitable for this hack, other regions has been done way too many times. I'd like to see something new and fresh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2016
    so i came up whit a pretu unique idea for your hack(i think) i waz playing pokemon showdown and i waz wondering if u can add a stat booster reminder. EXP when u use sword dance nasty plot ect is it possible to add an indicator near ur poke hp bar that u have x2 attack... special attack ect??

TheProtato

Johton Region Champion
    Years
    I think adding a Island chain is more suitable for this hack, other regions has been done way too many times. I'd like to see something new and fresh.

Although seeing another region in this hack would be awesome, considering soala leads to another region, an island chain would be great as well!

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    i waz wondering if you consider adding kanto in ur hack?

No, sorry, I find Kanto's maps very boring and plain, and I'd rather have one new region (or two) instead.

I finished the game so far. It was quite interesting, especially liked the tournament.

My team currently consists of:
    Luxray lv32
    Staraptor lv34
    Gardevoir lv32 - gotta love magical leaf :D
    Crawdaunt lv31

By the way... Will the saves be able to get transferred to the next version?

I'm afraid quite a few things will be changed in the next version so saves won't be transferrable. But it'll be worth replaying it!

I agree, I would like either a small region or a set of islands instead of a second region. It would have at most 4 gyms, or none at all, as I would want it to be more focused on exploration, sidestories and (legendary) pokémon hunting.

so i came up whit a pretu unique idea for your hack(i think) i waz playing pokemon showdown and i waz wondering if u can add a stat booster reminder. EXP when u use sword dance nasty plot ect is it possible to add an indicator near ur poke hp bar that u have x2 attack... special attack ect??

This is a nice idea, but I'm guessing it'll be hard to implement. I'm not even sure why this isn't a feature in the newer Pokémon games. But I'll consider it!

When's beta 2 coming out? Beta 1 was amazing!

Unfortunately, I have no idea! :) Probably in the summer.

I've been adding new battle backgrounds, here's Siren Tunnel's.

Pokémon Eclipse Version
    Pokémon Eclipse Version

Last edited:

goranthegreat

Make the next gym Fairy type i wanna go up against that type please!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2017
    Spent all that time grinding, exploring and catching just to find out i gotta start over???? not cool at all :/

18 hours gone

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Make the next gym Fairy type i wanna go up against that type please!

Can't promise this, I am planning for a Fairy-type user in the Elite Four, though!

What is the deal with the music notes in siren tunnel?

It has to do with the Seven Songs and Meloetta. Nothing you can do with them for now, though.

Spent all that time grinding, exploring and catching just to find out i gotta start over???? not cool at all :/

18 hours gone

I can still have previous version saves compatible, but you'd be missing out on a few story events and changes.

Coral Town now has a Fish Tavern called the Golden Magikarp!

Pokémon Eclipse Version
    Pokémon Eclipse Version
    Pokémon Eclipse Version

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back