• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Electrum Version

Years
    I wish we had a spreadsheet for the beta pokemon so we know what their base stats are. I got a fairly good idea of what Kotoro's stats are from catching a few of them though it'd help to have more information overall plus learnsets.

BTW, are the Kanto starters available at all in this? I know the game is Johto specific but I was wondering since I have a good team idea in mind but I can make due if that isnt the case.

Also theres an issue with hitboxes on certain things, for example a potted plant blocks a item in Sprout Tower and the cliff wall blocks a piller in the ruins of alph making it impossible to read.

For the base stats, check out my response to Tiefi about a page or so back. I believe it is post #62

Yes, you can find Kanto starters as eggs sitting in various places.

Thanks for the heads up on that plant and pillar, just got it fixed on my end and will be releasing an updated beta soon!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    awesome good to know. I would check for other hitbox issues, there may be a lot more.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    oh hey reading through the thread I saw you had been out of touch on pokemon for a long time, I know a handful of game mechanics I can run by you in case you aren't aware of them due to the massive changes from gen 2 to gen 8. I doubt you'll be able to impliment all of them, and some of them are not too popular as well but it'd help as a reference.

1: Since gen 6, the move hidden power always has a base power of 60. Likewise, since gen 4 there are NPCs who tell you what type a pokemon's hidden power happens to be. Given how important hidden power can be to a moveset I would reccomend having a readilly handy way to check hiddenpower, either as a feature on the summery screen or a hidden power checker in every pokemon center.

2: Breeding mechanics are very user friendly as of gen 6 and 7, but in gen 8 even novice can get very good pokemon. This is because the hidden abilities (a mechanic from gen 5) can be passed on regardless of gender now. A cool feature introduced in Gen 6 is that parents' pokeballs can be passed onto the infant.

3: Related to breeding but its deserving of its own spot; egg moves can be passed on from both parents now.

4: as of gen 6, when a pokemon evolves, it can learn a move directly from evolving, regardless of what level it is. Many moves often gained via level up as a result of evolving at the right level (Wing Attack is learned traditionally at level 36 when Charizard evolves from Charmeleon at that exact moment for example) have been made as such evolution moves (as suc in this instance Charizard can learn Wing Attack at any time regardless of level when Charmeleon evolves)

5: In gen 6, an item called an ability capsule was added which can change the abilities of pokemon when consumed if they have more than one standard ability (Rattata with Guts can get Run Away and vice versa using one).

6: In Gen 8, there are special mints which change the nature of a pokemon. Or rather they change up which stats are affected by the nature, as the nature technically remains the same. A Adamant Mint makes it so that a pokemon gets the 10 percent boost to attack at the cost of 10% loss of growth to special attack, but the actual nature (lets say timid) stays the same despite the change in the stats by the mint.

7: In Gen 6 they added two different bottle cap items which if used at level 100, a pokemon's IVs get maxed out. The drawback being that the cap affected pokemon cant then pass those IVs to a baby as they are artificially enhanced. It also doesnt affect the hidden power of the pokemon who uses them. A normal cap raises one stat to max, and a gold bottle cap boosts all IVs for a pokemon.

8: In gen 8 quite a few pokemon gained moves that drastically improved the viability of them due to the sheer amount of moves. A great example being that Venusaur can now use Earth Power. I figured this is especially important to note whenever you get around to adding move tutors to the game based on a previous comment on move availability.

Thats all I can remember currently but I figured I'd share this since these are very helpful features for post game stuf in particular (assuming you plan something like a battle frontier). I know you likely wont be able to add most or any of this given your schedual but I figure its worth looking at for reference.

Years
    oh hey reading through the thread I saw you had been out of touch on pokemon for a long time, I know a handful of game mechanics I can run by you in case you aren't aware of them due to the massive changes from gen 2 to gen 8. I doubt you'll be able to impliment all of them, and some of them are not too popular as well but it'd help as a reference.

1: Since gen 6, the move hidden power always has a base power of 60. Likewise, since gen 4 there are NPCs who tell you what type a pokemon's hidden power happens to be. Given how important hidden power can be to a moveset I would reccomend having a readilly handy way to check hiddenpower, either as a feature on the summery screen or a hidden power checker in every pokemon center.

2: Breeding mechanics are very user friendly as of gen 6 and 7, but in gen 8 even novice can get very good pokemon. This is because the hidden abilities (a mechanic from gen 5) can be passed on regardless of gender now. A cool feature introduced in Gen 6 is that parents' pokeballs can be passed onto the infant.

3: Related to breeding but its deserving of its own spot; egg moves can be passed on from both parents now.

4: as of gen 6, when a pokemon evolves, it can learn a move directly from evolving, regardless of what level it is. Many moves often gained via level up as a result of evolving at the right level (Wing Attack is learned traditionally at level 36 when Charizard evolves from Charmeleon at that exact moment for example) have been made as such evolution moves (as suc in this instance Charizard can learn Wing Attack at any time regardless of level when Charmeleon evolves)

5: In gen 6, an item called an ability capsule was added which can change the abilities of pokemon when consumed if they have more than one standard ability (Rattata with Guts can get Run Away and vice versa using one).

6: In Gen 8, there are special mints which change the nature of a pokemon. Or rather they change up which stats are affected by the nature, as the nature technically remains the same. A Adamant Mint makes it so that a pokemon gets the 10 percent boost to attack at the cost of 10% loss of growth to special attack, but the actual nature (lets say timid) stays the same despite the change in the stats by the mint.

7: In Gen 6 they added two different bottle cap items which if used at level 100, a pokemon's IVs get maxed out. The drawback being that the cap affected pokemon cant then pass those IVs to a baby as they are artificially enhanced. It also doesnt affect the hidden power of the pokemon who uses them. A normal cap raises one stat to max, and a gold bottle cap boosts all IVs for a pokemon.

8: In gen 8 quite a few pokemon gained moves that drastically improved the viability of them due to the sheer amount of moves. A great example being that Venusaur can now use Earth Power. I figured this is especially important to note whenever you get around to adding move tutors to the game based on a previous comment on move availability.

Thats all I can remember currently but I figured I'd share this since these are very helpful features for post game stuf in particular (assuming you plan something like a battle frontier). I know you likely wont be able to add most or any of this given your schedual but I figure its worth looking at for reference.

Thank you for this, it is appreciated! 🙂

If you know a better way to upload these game files it would be extremely helpful as well, I tried doing it the way of the tutorial video but people were getting errors so I had to just use that huge 300mb file. I struggle so much with the tech side of this it is ridiculous 😅

Tiefi

Røcvald
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2021
    I'm very glad you enjoyed it! Actually working on some things for Shinto now since I had a day off.

Every word of the man's story in Silver Town regarding Logan is real-world truth, sadly. I included these things in hopes that if he is actually alive and some day played this game, that he would see it and know we are still hoping, even after almost two years now, that he'll find a way to us from wherever he may be.

But it's not related to the Masked Man, that's more of a nod toward Will, Karen and Ariana's story from the manga piece I read a while back. Oddly enough, the stories are similar now that you mention it. Though I can say with certainty, being a servant to that guy is a paradise compared to what dear Logan went through.

I don't understand the part about Whitney and Logan? For Asami though, she is not based on the evil mother. That would take a lot of darkness and the memories it would revive would not be good for my psychological health.

Thanks a lot for your long answer! Does your wish, that he would some day play the game, mean, that your little brother haven't passed away, but really got lost and you were searching for him? And I don't want you to talk about anything, you feel uncomfortable with, since it's already kinda depressing to hear about Logan's story. And about Whitney and Logan I meant, that Whitney sprite is Logan's sprite, she looks like a youngster with a green cap, or is that a bug?

Years
    Thanks a lot for your long answer! Does your wish, that he would some day play the game, mean, that your little brother haven't passed away, but really got lost and you were searching for him? And I don't want you to talk about anything, you feel uncomfortable with, since it's already kinda depressing to hear about Logan's story. And about Whitney and Logan I meant, that Whitney sprite is Logan's sprite, she looks like a youngster with a green cap, or is that a bug?

In truth, we don't know his status. I've still got an ongoing investigation against his evil mother and she was due in court, but Covid complicated things further and now it is pushed to who knows when. No one has seen him since April 10th of last year when my grandfather and I saw him.

Oh I see. Yeah, Logan's sprite is just a Youngster with a changed hat color. Green was his favorite color.

Years
    I saw earlier that someone asked about Haunter evolving but I can't find the post?

Use a Heart Stone for Pokemon that evolved by trade in the usual method.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thank you for this, it is appreciated! 🙂

If you know a better way to upload these game files it would be extremely helpful as well, I tried doing it the way of the tutorial video but people were getting errors so I had to just use that huge 300mb file. I struggle so much with the tech side of this it is ridiculous 😅

I sadly dont know a thing about using pokemon essentials, but a lot of game makers in recent days have had customized mechanics which emulate some of what I mentioned. I would ask the developer of pokemon empyrian for some help on a few things as he and his team added a system similar to the nature mints long before gen 8 became a thing to name one example. That game also featured a hidden power check on the summery screen too.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    where can I find a wild Totodile? I've got Chikorita and found the wild Cyndaquil near Azalea Town but I see no Totodile anywhere

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Thanks! I dunno how I overlooked that spot. Now I have a female totodile to use to try to breed a totodile with Dragon Dance. And since I have the Shiny Charm along with the Oval Charm, I may even get a shiny totodile fairly quickly if lucky

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2024
    Is there a pokedex for the game? Id like to know which fakemon have evolutions before I add them to my team.

Years
    Small update from me. Working to get Beta 3 uploaded but the internet hasn't been cooperating the past few days, freezes the upload with only a tiny bit left and never finishes. This is typical for my internet towards the middle/end of the month.

When released, all of the bugs listed presently will be resolved. This will probably be the final update unless someone finds a serious issue, which from reading the responses it seems everything that is critical is working start to finish.

Sequel work is still going on, I'll have a separate thread for it once I've an Alpha to release.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    good to hear. I just hope our saves will be compatable in the new version as I am now in Blackthorn, training for the last gym and I dont want to have to restart after getting an awesome team lineup

Years
    good to hear. I just hope our saves will be compatable in the new version as I am now in Blackthorn, training for the last gym and I dont want to have to restart after getting an awesome team lineup

More than likely you will finish the game before I'm able to get the last version uploaded.

I'm also not sure about save files, between Betas 1 and 2 I mentioned to copy them somewhere safe and no one mentioned losing anything. However, I have done the same before compiling everything into one folder for release and I've lost my save file.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Hi, i have got a bug. When i start the dive competition in whirlpoll island, the game crash with this message "Script 'Game_Map' line 41: Errno::ENOENT occurred. No such file or directory - Data/Map000.rxdata"

Years
    Hi, i have got a bug. When i start the dive competition in whirlpoll island, the game crash with this message "Script 'Game_Map' line 41: Errno::ENOENT occurred. No such file or directory - Data/Map000.rxdata"

That's weird, that error message means the map you're going to was deleted but that's not possible. I'm testing it here on my end now and everything is working...

Look in the Data Folder and make sure you have Map #227, as that's the map file.

If you've got that I'm not sure what the source is there. The good news is, you can continue the game without having to take part in that contest. You only need to approach the contest attendant to unlock the path forward in Bluefinland.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    That's weird, that error message means the map you're going to was deleted but that's not possible. I'm testing it here on my end now and everything is working...

Look in the Data Folder and make sure you have Map #227, as that's the map file.

If you've got that I'm not sure what the source is there. The good news is, you can continue the game without having to take part in that contest. You only need to approach the contest attendant to unlock the path forward in Bluefinland.

Hi again, i've checked the data folder and i have this map, i've tried to change it to the folder you uploaded to correct this kind of errors, but the same error happens, i dont know if it's only for me o given some circunstances, but at least i can progress since the old woman in bluefinland let me go, thanks :)

Back