• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Elite Redux v1.6.1 [complete] — Unique Multi-Ability Difficulty Hack

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    This is the most fun I've ever had with Pokemon, so thank you for that. The innate mechanic is great: it allows for the player to enjoy breaking the game while maintaining some semblance of balance.
    What I think would be an interesting idea would be to have a mode where you can "unlock" innates, by defeating certain Pokemon or completing various challenges, then mix and match those unlocked innates between different Pokemon to really allow us to break the game. Of course, an even more difficult mode would need to be implemented to keep the game enjoyable, instead of one large AI steamroll.

Last edited:

darkyy92

Creator of [b]Pokemon Elite Redux[/b]
    Years
  • This is the most fun I've ever had with Pokemon, so thank you for that. The innate mechanic is great: it allows for the player to enjoy breaking the game while maintaining some semblance of balance.
    What I think would be an interesting idea would be to have a mode where you can "unlock" innates, by defeating certain Pokemon or completing various challenges, then mix and match those unlocked innates between different Pokemon to really allow us to break the game. Of course, an even more difficult mode would need to be implemented to keep the game enjoyable, instead of one large AI steamroll.

Thanks for your feedback! In Elite Mode, you already have to unlock innates.

darkyy92

Years
  • I'm not very far yet, but this is absolutely incredible! The documentation site where you can filter and search on nearly everything is also excellent. I've already just spent hours upon hours pouring thru everything. This is an optimizer's dream, you and your team deserve so much credit for the clear amount of craft you put into this!

Glad you like it! Yes, there are tons of strategies to try out and lots of fun modes to replay the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I was thinking more of an unlock for specific innates; for example, defeating Roxanne could reward you with the Solid Rock innate, which you could then swap with another Pokemon's regular innates in order to create your own super personalized Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen today
    If i enable Ace mode difficulty with EV, there will be the possibility to buy items to quickly boost/maximize/reset my EV?
    I'm asking this since the default version doesn't have EV and i think the game is based off that

darkyy92

Years
  • I was thinking more of an unlock for specific innates; for example, defeating Roxanne could reward you with the Solid Rock innate, which you could then swap with another Pokemon's regular innates in order to create your own super personalized Pokemon.

Ah got it. That's not planned, that would be an extreme amount of work. We have lots of other cool stuff planned for Elite Redux tho!

darkyy92

Years
  • If i enable Ace mode difficulty with EV, there will be the possibility to buy items to quickly boost/maximize/reset my EV?
    I'm asking this since the default version doesn't have EV and i think the game is based off that

You don't need items for EVs or IVs here.
    In any mode (Easy/Ace/Elite), you can simply go the Summary Screen of your Pokémon and press A to directly distribute all EVs.

Also, all Pokémon's IVs are calculated as 31, except when you used the Iron Pill item to reduce Speed to 0.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2023
    Would it be possible to implement some options in the custom menu to enable/disable the unlimited pokeballs and 100% catch rate, or the auto-heal before battle? While I do like the accessibility element for people more focused on team-building and exploring strategies, it'd be fun to have options to align it closer to a typical pokemon experience (i.e needing to run back to nurse joy sometimes and stocking up on pokeballs)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    If i enable Ace mode difficulty with EV, there will be the possibility to buy items to quickly boost/maximize/reset my EV?

You can literally just set your EVs from your Pokemon's status screen.

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2023
    Teravolt innate isn't working as intended, came across the Shedinja trainer on Route 119 and I wasn't able to hit it with any move - though Teravolt and other related abilities are supposed to ignore Wonder Guard.

darkyy92

Years
  • Would it be possible to implement some options in the custom menu to enable/disable the unlimited pokeballs and 100% catch rate, or the auto-heal before battle? While I do like the accessibility element for people more focused on team-building and exploring strategies, it'd be fun to have options to align it closer to a typical pokemon experience (i.e needing to run back to nurse joy sometimes and stocking up on pokeballs)

Hi, that's possible for sure, but not the goal of this project - there are hundreds of hacks doing this already.

darkyy92

Years
  • Teravolt innate isn't working as intended, came across the Shedinja trainer on Route 119 and I wasn't able to hit it with any move - though Teravolt and other related abilities are supposed to ignore Wonder Guard.

Thanks for reporting! I'll look into it.

darkyy92

Years
  • I would like to ask - will the rest of Gen 8 as well as Gen 9 be included here? If not, I understand, but I think it would be an interesting challenge to take up.

Yes, the rest of Gen 8 is being implemented soon - but first, we focus on more polishing/bugfixing and cool new features, such as lots of custom Megas, new abilities, moves etc.

Also, we're working on a new Info Battle UI to show stats of all battlers, Aurora Veil turns etc.

Gen 9 is also planned, but will take much more time - months for sure.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2024
    The weather rework doesn't seem to work as intended? Drought automatically ends

Days
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    Apologies if it's not the apt place to ask this, but is there any way to get a new invite for the discord server? The link isn't working for me.

Days
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Hello, local lurker here.

I wanted to do a living dex but the online dex only shows every pokemon, even different forms, and it's very confusing. Is it possible to add a 'View Pokedex Order' or something like that? One that only shows one version of a pokemon.

If you don't understand, please tell me. I'll try to explain further.

Back