• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

Years
    Mods, since I'm sure that you'll comb through this thread to remove some of the posts in the morning, why isn't there a rule against asking for release dates in this subforum like there is in the hack release subforums? The kids are even more thirsty for ROMBases that they can ruin than they are for actual hacks these days, it seems. I'm sure we can all agree that asking for release dates multiple times without otherwise adding to the thread is spam, and should actively be discouraged.
    The release date rule was actually quietly removed from the hack threads section as it being a rule served no purpose other than increasing our workload or forcing people who want to know to add some generic addage to their post with their question. Repeatedly asking the same question, regardless of what it is, however, is an offence and if a user is found to be doing that you should report it as usual.

As for the rest of whatever it is this thread has turned into, if it escalates any further I will just go ahead and lock it (and continue to infract).

Last edited:

Nex

formerly known as _Nex_
    Years
    Pokémon Emerald 650

Whatever,
    LCCoolJ95 keep up what you are doing, its definetly good work and Im looking forward on whats next

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
    LCCoolJ95,

This is your project. People can leave suggestions or requests, but ultimately, the decision is yours. Again, this is your project. Forget what other people want, they can add it themselves if you can't be bothered. Document everything, leave good notes, and release what you want to do. A person that actually cares enough will pick it up and add onto it, if they really need items or mega evolution or whatever the hell it is they need. Again, your project. You call the shots, man. If you need to stop working on it, that's all on you.

Reactions: Nex
    Years
    The release date rule was actually quietly removed from the hack threads section as it being a rule served no purpose other than increasing our workload or forcing people who want to know to add some generic addage to their post with their question. Repeatedly asking the same question, regardless of what it is, however, is an offence and if a user is found to be doing that you should report it as usual.

As for the rest of whatever it is this thread has turned into, if it escalates any further I will just go ahead and lock it (and continue to infract).
    Is he still working on emerald 721 or he already cancelled? You are the manager, so if someone ask LCCoolJ95 again such as EbonyPhantom asking, can you delete that asking and block that person? I am really expecting his emerald 721 very long time, so I really don't want according to a few of immature people, he will cancel it. I know there are a lot of people very like his emerald 721 and rom base. His 650 patch and emerald 650 did very well, I cannot create the good Pokemon hack game without his help and support. His emerald 650 and patch is very popular now, some another country people have shared these to their own Pokemon hack field and they have credit the LCCoolJ95, and there are too many people lend these resource patch to improve their own Pokemon game, and all of people have thanked LCCoolJ95 a lot. By the way, I need to report this person "EbonyPhantom". In this field, EbonyPhantom is not the author of the <<Pokemon EbonyPhantom 5.0EX Boundless Chao>>, it is someone simulate the author of <<Pokemon EbonyPhantom 5.0EX Boundless Chao>>.

Last edited:

Ttar0914

Years
    Is he still working on emerald 721 or he already cancelled? You are the manager, so if someone ask LCCoolJ95 again such as EbonyPhantom asking, can you delete that asking and block that person? I am really expecting his emerald 721 very long time, so I really don't want according to a few of immature people, he will cancel it. I know there are a lot of people very like his emerald 721 and rom base. His 650 patch and emerald 650 did very well, I cannot create the good Pokemon hack game without his help and support. His emerald 650 and patch is very popular now, some another country people have shared these to their own Pokemon hack field and they have credit the LCCoolJ95, and there are too many people lend these resource patch to improve their own Pokemon game, and all of people have thanked LCCoolJ95 a lot. By the way, I need to report this person "EbonyPhantom". In this field, EbonyPhantom is not the author of the <<Pokemon EbonyPhantom 5.0EX Boundless Chao>>, it is someone simulate the author of <<Pokemon EbonyPhantom 5.0EX Boundless Chao>>.

He didn't cancel the Emerald 721 project yet. Sure, there are lots of people who don't understand, what a base is, and those ones continue asking the same question over and over and over again, which annoys some creators. As a token of respect, I'm not going to mention any people as an example, but as I said: there are many who just keep being ignorant and ask these same questions frequently. Some creators also refer to their original post, where these exact questions are already answered in the FAQ section, but it still seems, that either no one cares about it or they're not smart enough to just say, that they'll stop annoying the creator and start giving him a hand in answering the others these questions, while he/she can completely focus on either the hack or the base.
    Also, it's great, that people have started using his Emerald 650 patch for their Emerald hacks. It sure is stressful for him to expand it to 721, but he'll manage this and all Gen IV-VI abilities which are shown with no additional effect, will work properly. Items like the Flame Orb, Toxic Orb, Assault Vest, etc. are NOT part of this resource.
    It's not against the rules, to ask these questions, so the person asking this just gets a simple answer, and the post will not be deleted. Neither can the moderator ban a person, if he/she (the person) is asking a question, which has been asked for several times.
    As for your problem with this "EbonyPhantom" person: It doesn't really fit in this thread to ask the moderator, to ban this certain person.

To LCCoolJ95: just keep your head up and continue this. You're doing a great job! :)

Epsilon

Shiny Scizor
    Years
    In response to my last post:

Spoiler:

LCCoolJ95, I know what it's like to work on this kind of project for hours on end, with stuff not working and things going wrong. My pc is probably full of 100's of MB's worth of of back-ups. But, I watched the video, and you simply can't call dedicated hackers some of the names you did. Everybody here tries their best to help other people with problems, and if they don't, that's fine, it's their decision. Plus, it's not that weird if stuff just doesn't work, considering we're in a crazy business anyway. I suggest you do wait for that patch, and in the meantime, just relax. There's no hurry in releasing anything, and you've done a great job so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    In response to my last post:

Spoiler:

I didn't expect so much gratitude for my code. Wow, thanks man.
    Perhaps you could help me to fix the last bugs? Because apparently for the
    "bug" of the species not reverting back, you
    fixed it very easily.
    I say you simply read my explanations:
    "To make your mega/primal form revert, you have to give your Primal/Mega the 0xFC, 0xFD or 0xFE evolution with no argument (0), but this time the target will be
    the reverted species."

Why I didn't help you? Well, I consider I did. I responded to your PMs if I remember well.
    I don't see how my explanations could've been clearer than those in the thread. Sorry, I'm
    learning english and am not comfortable enough with it yet. Perhaps you'd want the
    explanations in French?

Why did I assume you broke something? I don't know. Perhaps because you broke stuffs in your 650 base. You broke stuff in your hack. I tested none of these but I'm sure I could find even more bug than those reported. You also have trouble inserting the simplest abilities or even deoxys' forms. Might be a problem when you have to follow some instructions.
    I wouldn't be surprise you broke something inserting my code.

I have zero problem if someone doesn't understand something. There are countless things I don't undertand, as everyone.
    But it takes a bit of patience to hear that I am a "fucking liar" or even "fuck [me]".
    I won't insult you in return, you're nothing.
    I don't even see why people push you, all you're doing is gathering other's hack
    in a source of bugs that you dare call a "base".
    What a frail base.

I would like to add something constructive in this thread, because I can't lean on you
    for that:
    -The mega evolution code might be buggy, it's been a moment since I didn't look into it, so be careful.
    -The emerald's expansion dex never worked 100% as intended, I looked in the code myself, some things shouldn't be overwritten.
    -As I said to LCCoolJ95, I'm working on a base, and I'll make available ALL of the source code (in ASM) to make it easier to debugg. You might want to wait for it, it's up to you.
    -More generally, always make back-up, when hacking, we're adding stuff in a game for which the code wasn't meant for.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2016
    Will be stalking this, as Emerald is my preferred ROM.
    Good luck with your endeavors!

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    Nice LCCoolJ95 and also the descriptions are actually there this time around

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
    Spoiler:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2023
    that's awesome and the flame orb, toxic orb and life orb are even in that's just amazing but have they been implemented to the rom what I mean by this question is wether or not the orbs do what they are supposed to do

Back