• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

AsparagusEdu

AsparagusEduardo
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 29, 2024
I could beta test in the flashcard front. I'd be using SupercardDSTWO's GBA emulator.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
I've found the following bugs/glitches that you could fix:

1) the moves DRAINING KISS and ELECTRO BALL have a little bug: they freeze the game for a couple of seconds before the whole move is performed, then the game continues normally;

2) the move OMINOUS WIND badly freezes both the game and the emulator (I use My Boy! for Android, by the way);

3) there is a problem with altered forms of Castform, they look black and shady or are not showed at all (had this problem just with the rainy form but you ought to check also the other two);

4) Every first time you enter Alice's gym in Fortree CIty, the bars that need to be moved in order to go on are glitched but, if you open the menu and enter any of the options in the list (pokedex, pokemon, savegame, option etc...) and then return to the game, they are ok.

If I find other bugs/glitches, I'll report them to you.
P.S. = if I can suggest, you could raise the difficulty gameplay after Petalburg Gym because, after you enable SURF outside the battle, you have access to many areas and TRAINERS with pokemon of almost the same levels: this means that you can train and become enough strong to knock down whoever you find, then the game becomes quite boring and repetitive. Besides, you could raise the level maximum over 67, it is 75 (if I'm not worng) in FireRed so you could reach at least 80, I don't think this would be too hard. However these are just personal ideas, feel free to do what you want.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I found another bug of sorts. I don't know if it's important, but if you watch any T.V., the game freezes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2019
This is super great :D
Fianly there will maybe be emerald hacks insted of all those fire red ones.
But i have one question, is there added new forms?

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Bug Report: Whenever I try to use Secret Power to make a Secret Base, the game goes to a black screen and hangs there while the music keeps playing.

Also: When I tried to evolve my Nincada with an empty slot in my team and a Poke ball in my bag, the Nincada evolved into Ninjask as usual, but I did not get a Shedinja, despite having met all the requirements to doing so

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2015
Is there a emerald trainer editor with support for gen 4-6 pokemons ? A-Trainer don't recognize them so I can't put pokes from gen 4-6 on the trainers teams.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 24, 2015
Other bugs:

- When you complete the Poke League and your team is registered, some new pokemon sprites are replaced with other in game included pokemon as their pokemon species as but not all, just some of them (gallade and frostlass are replaced by pidgeotto and raticate but torterra is ok)
29gizbr.jpg
1zoch2r.jpg
;

- During the Credits, the new pokemon are not showed in the colored windows at all (turtwig, grotle, torterra, gallade, frostlass, probobass in my case)

- When you get the National Dex, the numbers in the Dex go above 650 even and, if you continue to scroll it, the game freezes after the number 680, besides the pokedex is assumed to stop at the last pokemon you have seen/caught (in my case Frostlass) but you can continue to scroll it down even if you haven't caught anything after the last one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Is there a emerald trainer editor with support for gen 4-6 pokemons ? A-Trainer don't recognize them so I can't put pokes from gen 4-6 on the trainers teams.

Use the included one from G3T in the download. Open it up and click on "Trainers Editor."

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Were you planning on putting all 650 pokemon in the wild with their new attacks in the complete version? If so, good luck!

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Were you planning on putting all 650 pokemon in the wild with their new attacks in the complete version? If so, good luck!

Wow, perfect timing to answer this.

UPDATE 5/14/15:
Spoiler:

I can be absolutely sure that Pokémon Theta Emerald is in its final steps of production. It should be done by the end of this week. At the latest would be sometime next week. In the mean time, enjoy the above eye candy ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Can't wait for the full game! Did you fix most/all of the bugs that others have reported?

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FOR ROMHACKERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Ok... So... I have for all of you special info... True dex size of this hack is 676. Placeholders Pokemon <between Celebi and Treecko> Are more usable in this rombase than in "Vanila" rom... Becouse when I seting place 0xFC <Place after Celebi> An Xerneas and put it by my method of give that pokemons own dex entries. We can have seen them in dex after obtaining them. So you can put 26 diffrent Pokemons from Kalos extra if you want to that rombase. Really is 27 free spaces... But XXXXXXXX on place of true Deoxys is not safe as I think.

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
Years
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FOR ROMHACKERS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Ok... So... I have for all of you special info... True dex size of this hack is 676. Placeholders Pokemon <between Celebi and Treecko> Are more usable in this rombase than in "Vanila" rom... Becouse when I seting place 0xFC <Place after Celebi> An Xerneas and put it by my method of give that pokemons own dex entries. We can have seen them in dex after obtaining them. So you can put 26 diffrent Pokemons from Kalos extra if you want to that rombase. Really is 27 free spaces... But XXXXXXXX on place of true Deoxys is not safe as I think.

you must remember that placeholder slots have hardcoded Unown cries, and you can use em because the limited amount for PKMN in Emerald after expansion is 762 if i'm not right (762 Entries in the dex) because that is all that the seen/caught flags can read/write. you can probably use the 25 placeholders for Boss-styled PKMN or Formes but it won't be able to have a cry or have an independent entry unless it's using another pkmn's entry or a free one with no PKMN on it. and you can do anything you want with that Deoxys, as soon as it dosen't appear in game, ever.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
you must remember that placeholder slots have hardcoded Unown cries, and you can use em because the limited amount for PKMN in Emerald after expansion is 762 if i'm not right (762 Entries in the dex) because that is all that the seen/caught flags can read/write. you can probably use the 25 placeholders for Boss-styled PKMN or Formes but it won't be able to have a cry or have an independent entry unless it's using another pkmn's entry or a free one with no PKMN on it. and you can do anything you want with that Deoxys, as soon as it dosen't appear in game, ever.

I know that Placeholders have enoded hardware Unown cries... But come one... Without this places I can't do some of pokemon <In Ruby Renev for Example> This spaces are still have a lot off potential. And after my test. Placeholder pokemons are have fuction in Pokemon Emerald <In this rombase> As Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion in the Pokemon XY and ORAS. You don't need them to finish Pokedex. But when you got them. Extra dex entry pop up when you got them. So... For rom hackers is good becouse they can put secret pokemons which is not needed to finish Dex. And which is fully usable in battles and other things. Now i can spoil that i going to use this placeholders to hide 10 extra pokemons in upcoming POKEMON DIRTY SUN.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
I know that Placeholders have enoded hardware Unown cries... But come one... Without this places I can't do some of pokemon <In Ruby Renev for Example> This spaces are still have a lot off potential. And after my test. Placeholder pokemons are have fuction in Pokemon Emerald <In this rombase> As Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion in the Pokemon XY and ORAS. You don't need them to finish Pokedex. But when you got them. Extra dex entry pop up when you got them. So... For rom hackers is good becouse they can put secret pokemons which is not needed to finish Dex. And which is fully usable in battles and other things. Now i can spoil that i going to use this placeholders to hide 10 extra pokemons in upcoming POKEMON DIRTY SUN.

Why not just replace some unused pokemon? Cause I'm pretty sure not every hack needs every legendary. You could replace a few of those and keep a safe stable playing environment for your players. Especialy since catching those placeholder pokemon cause major issues, they don't seem to have any issues when fought against or when your pokemon evolve into them, but you really just shouldn't use them.

And btw LCCoolJ95 the base has been working really well, other than a few move bugs. Good job!

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Why not just replace some unused pokemon? Cause I'm pretty sure not every hack needs every legendary. You could replace a few of those and keep a safe stable playing environment for your players. Especialy since catching those placeholder pokemon cause major issues, they don't seem to have any issues when fought against or when your pokemon evolve into them, but you really just shouldn't use them.

And btw LCCoolJ95 the base has been working really well, other than a few move bugs. Good job!

I don't agree with you. Placeholder pokemons are fully usable after extension of dex entries... Game Freeze which they cause is made by not set directly dex entry. In example of Vanila game. I take 0xfc placeholder and by GBAPGE I set Dex order as 387. Next I expand dex entries table and later I put new entry to new extra place... Tada... Pokedex entry working. To seen them in dex limiter of Dex entries need to be removed.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 20, 2022
Man thank you so much for this! I was working on something similar to this ages ago but lost a lot of my files and stuff, got into another game for a while and basically fell out of doing this. This rom base gives me joy and enthusiasm for this once again and saves everyone a hell of a lot of time. Thank you so much dude.

I know you've been working on your other mod but have the bugs that are mentioned in this thread been addressed or is that just an emulator issue?

Back