• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    My friend. I would like to ask you about some move/skill issues
    Specifically I want to add a new move(TM), edit from Razor Leaf. Instead of them being leaves, I want them to be a frozen leaf... I'll call it Ice Leaf for now, so how do I not lose my Razor Leaf and still have a new Ice Leaf in my rom?
    Maybe just clone the Razor Leaf and change its sprite... But how? Do you know?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2023
    Hi my friend. i patched the vanilla version, but the pokemon summary is without a text and the most parts are black and white. And in battle, if i go back i can no longer see the pokemon movesets. How can i fix this, or maybe change to the default style? Greetings :)

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Pokémon Emerald - ROM Base (Free to Use)

Here it is. the proof on what I did try.

So how do I get the SHA-256 of that ROM? I don't know where to find it, or how to change it or how it works in general. Please help!

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
    My friend. I would like to ask you about some move/skill issues
    Specifically I want to add a new move(TM), edit from Razor Leaf. Instead of them being leaves, I want them to be a frozen leaf... I'll call it Ice Leaf for now, so how do I not lose my Razor Leaf and still have a new Ice Leaf in my rom?
    Maybe just clone the Razor Leaf and change its sprite... But how? Do you know?

In that case you would have to create a new custom animation. If you want to change the sprite of the leaf, it would be necessary to repoint the entire table of pointers of particles and palettes. I've never tried this in the base rom, so I can't tell you the steps that must be followed to apply such a change to the rom.
    What you can do is add a snow background along with a leaf and create a new animation. Maybe Blizard + Razor Leaf?

Hi my friend. i patched the vanilla version, but the pokemon summary is without a text and the most parts are black and white. And in battle, if i go back i can no longer see the pokemon movesets. How can i fix this, or maybe change to the default style? Greetings :)

You must be using an old version of the emulator, or any emulator other than VBA or VBA-M. These are the only emulators I played the rom on and it showed no visual bugs. Visual bugs will occur if you use mGBA, or any emulator other than VBA or VBA-M. Test and tell me if the problem persists.

Rom base creator how do I change pikachu form I have the light card item in my bag it dose nothing

This item has effect ONLY on Pikachu Cosplay.
    It will have no effect if you try to use it on another Pikachu.
    Test and tell me if it worked.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    So, I downloaded your G3T attached in your post, patched my trashman ROM with your base ROM patch, and when I was about to begin the editions, this happened

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

All Pokémon have several wrong movesets (most of them can learn heat wave), and a lot of moves are displaying wrong effect descriptions (like Ice punch with growl effect description, as you can see), despite the effect in-game is the correct (10% chances of freezing). However, it's complicated to edit and guess what each descriptions actually means.

Please, help me! I'm using G3T on exagerar (I don't have PC, so I m editing on smartphone via exagear, if you think this is relevant for my situation).

Li Yun

Years
    So, I downloaded your G3T attached in your post, patched my trashman ROM with your base ROM patch, and when I was about to begin the editions, this happened

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

All Pokémon have several wrong movesets (most of them can learn heat wave), and a lot of moves are displaying wrong effect descriptions (like Ice punch with growl effect description, as you can see), despite the effect in-game is the correct (10% chances of freezing). However, it's complicated to edit and guess what each descriptions actually means.

Please, help me! I'm using G3T on exagerar (I don't have PC, so I m editing on smartphone via exagear, if you think this is relevant for my situation).

G3T cannot properly read learnsets from rom hacks with expanded moves above 512.
    To edit the learnset correctly, I suggest using PGE.
    Move effects have been updated, so G3T reads the rom with the old effects table, so it doesn't correctly display the new effects names.
    If you open the PGE's move editor, you will see that the name of the effects will be displayed correctly.
    I suggest that under no circumstances you edit the learnset of any pokémon through G3T, otherwise your rom will crash.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    G3T cannot properly read learnsets from rom hacks with expanded moves above 512.
    To edit the learnset correctly, I suggest using PGE.
    Move effects have been updated, so G3T reads the rom with the old effects table, so it doesn't correctly display the new effects names.
    If you open the PGE's move editor, you will see that the name of the effects will be displayed correctly.
    I suggest that under no circumstances you edit the learnset of any pokémon through G3T, otherwise your rom will crash.

Thank you! Now it works perfectly on PGE!

However, now I have a question about a possible issue: there are default moves with no effect, like karate chop and eruption, who are supposed to have high critical hit ratio and deal damage based in HP, respectively, but these effects are not appearing in editor. Did you remove their original effects for have room to create new ones and/or created a new scripted form to create their effects? And how can I put their effects in other moves? Ex: I wish to make egg bomb with increased critical hit ratio, but the PGE does not show this effect to select.

And one last question: is there a way to change type effectiveness? I wish to buff Ice-type making it resist grass and ground, and rock-type super effective and resistant to electric, for ex.

Last edited:

Li Yun

Years
    Spoiler:

Their effects were configured in another way. Therefore, the effect name is not shown in the PGE.
    You will come across several moves that have been set up this way, one of which is the Hidden Power.
    If you want to create new effects, just view the list of updated effects in PGE's own hit editor.
    Some effects, such as the critical chance, are no longer configurable through the PGE's hit editor, this is due to the way it was configured in the Engine.
    I could change that, but it would cause bugs and that would just give me headaches. Unfortunately I had to keep this change.
    As for the effectiveness of the types, you can change this only via Hex.
    There is a tool that could help with this, but it can't read the data correctly because the tool doesn't support the fairy type, which causes the tool to crash.
    I will research and gather the data relevant to how to change the effectiveness of the types and then share and add this information to the main post.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2023
    Is there an .ini out there for Pokemon Advance Series Icon Editor? Trying to add some Gen VIII mons to the rom and PGE doesn't seem to like the new icons.

Li Yun

Years
    Is there an .ini out there for Pokemon Advance Series Icon Editor? Trying to add some Gen VIII mons to the rom and PGE doesn't seem to like the new icons.

I just updated the post, I added the ASeries link compatible with this base rom. To download it, open the spoiler "Programs Compatible with this Base".

Fredpokegamer

FRED POKE GAMER
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2022
    Hey there, which XSE version should i use i have v1.1.1 but when i open script with A-Map[mod which hyou have provided} it stop working

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey man, big trouble.

Your rom base crashes after beating Brawly. The world is enveloped in darkness and freezes.

Any basic advice on how to remove this from Brawly's event in Advance Map?

(P.S. the guy in Granite Cave also gives the player Dive instead of Flash, but I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to fix that on my own lol)

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2022
    Hey man, big trouble.

Your rom base crashes after beating Brawly. The world is enveloped in darkness and freezes.

Any basic advice on how to remove this from Brawly's event in Advance Map?

(P.S. the guy in Granite Cave also gives the player Dive instead of Flash, but I'm pretty sure I can figure out how to fix that on my own lol)

I have had this issue in the past remove this from the script for him lighten 0x0 that should fix it until the creator updates the base hope this helps

Back