• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon Essentials, version 8 - 10th July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    With the new version there seems to be a few bugs with the bridges' map page. 1) if you go on to the bridge there is no getting off without hold ctrl in debug mode 2) the reflection is shown on the edge of the bridge instead of in the water. I was able to fix this with no changes to the way the map looks, however there is a thin strip under the center of the bridge, that you can not surf in, if I try and add water there the reflection goes back to the edge of the bridge. As for getting off of the bridge, I simply had to delete all layers under the ends of the bridge (the bottom layer had the hill which was keeping you from going to the end of the bridge, because you can't walk up a hill)
    The bridge map is inaccessible, and doesn't work properly (if at all); it's not meant to work. Just ignore it for now.

I have a vague idea of how to fix the bridge system, but I don't know when I'll get round to it.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    may i ask why you changed the screen size?
    There are many reasons. It's now the default screen size of a DS rather than a GBA, there's no reason to keep the screen size small when it's a PC game, more space is always nice to work with, I wanted to redesign the old GUI anyway, etc. As for why I chose the DS screen size rather than something even larger, well, it was convenient. Most of the graphics were based on HGSS, which is a DS game.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    The pbHasEgg? return false to pokémon like Voltorb and true for Latias, what do you think about changing it from:

Code:
    def pbHasEgg?(species)
     dexdata=pbOpenDexData()
     pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,species,18)
     genderbyte=dexdata.fgetb # Get gender rate of this species
     dexdata.close()
     baby=pbGetBabySpecies(species) # Get baby species
     # Has egg if this is a baby species and isn't genderless
     return (baby==species && genderbyte!=255)
    end

to

Code:
    def pbHasEgg?(species)
      compat=pbGetSpeciesCompat(species)
      if(compat==15) # if the compatibility is 15, checks for evo (for babies)
        ret=pbGetEvolvedFormData(species)
        compat=pbGetSpeciesCompat(ret[0][2]) if ret[0]
      end
      baby=pbGetBabySpecies(species) # Get baby species 
      # Has egg if it is a baby species, isn't Manaphy, hasn't egg group 13
      # and the pokémon or it evolution haven't breed group 13 or 15 
      return (baby==species && species!=PBSpecies::MANAPHY && 
        compat!=13 && compat!=15)
    end

def pbGetSpeciesCompat(species) # Returns the first Compatibility.
      dexdata=pbOpenDexData
      pbDexDataOffset(dexdata,species,31)
      compat1=dexdata.fgetb
      dexdata.close
      return compat1
    end

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back