• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Eternal Springs

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

Pokémon: Eternal Springs

The Princess has gone missing! Not that you care - you just want to get back the Taurus that was stolen from your village.

Introduction
    The game is set many years before the present series of games. While this time frame isn't specified, nor is it strongly referenced to, the difference in the ages is made clear in the game. This world isn't like the strangely peaceful world of the games we know. Kids can't just walk around without a concern, and criminals are everywhere, and not always dressed up in the same black outfits.

Story
    You're just a small town village girl... or boy, living in a lonely... region, or something.

Molokan village, "Where rivers of white gold flow". It's a small quiet village that lives off the Miltank herd it owns, selling milk and other produce to survive... and it's actually not that lonely. It's fairly close to the castle, and people come through pretty often, selling goods or just offering entertainment for the villagers. It's not a bad life.

Unfortunately, things don't always stay as peaceful as we'd like. After the village Taurus gets stolen, you're sent out to retrieve it from the thief and bring them to justice with your trusty ... Teddiursa. Yeah, teddy bears are real intimidating. Anyway, it means you're thrust out into the world placed in the middle of what may soon be a very big mess.

But while all that is going on, bigger events are going on in the kingdom, and while it seems like it should have nothing to do with you, it can't be helped when these events collide with your objectives.

Features:
    This isn't your usual Pokémon game. While the standard elements like catching and battling remain, other elements have changed and different mechanics will be added.
    • New region (hurr durr).
      • A pretty obvious feature (almost as obvious as "New scripts").
    • Oh. New tiles as well. Still using the original FRLG ones, but I'll be adding my own as well to create unique environments.
    • Not all of the first 386 Pokémon will be available
      • Legends don't just appear out of nowhere - they're made.
    • No more Pokémon Centers
      • Healing now takes place at the wells located through out the regions. They aren't any less common than the Poke Center, but the absence of which leads to...
    • No more PCs
      • Storing Pokémon is still possible, but it won't be as acessible as before (nor as free).
    • No more Poké Marts
      • Instead, merchants that scattered throughout the region provide you with necessities.
    • Less balls
      • This game doesn't focus on catching 'em all (neither does Nintendo anymore apparently), since Poké Balls are a lot harder to come by. You either can find them if you're lucky, purchase them for absurdly high prices, or have them made using the materials you find around the place. No Apricorns though.
    • Your items have changed
      • Kinda. Since your fancy potions, revives and so on haven't been invented yet, you're going to have to increase your reliance on more natural items, such as berries and that nasty herbal stuff.
      • Some other items may change forms, like Proteins to Steaks, or something along those lines.
      • Also, see Poké Balls above.
    • Berry trees
      • They have to be included considering healing items will be harder to come by.
    • Key detection based events
    • Overworld specific stats
      • By utilising the contest stats that would otherwise be doing nothing, new events will be created that depend on these statistics.
    • New field moves
      • While they may not be necessary to progress through the game, they do change gameplay quite a bit. I'd provide an example, but I'd rather be able to show it to you later on.
    • TMs and HMs will be changed
      • Uncertain of how at the moment. Either they'll be removed all together or renamed and redesigned.
      • Also, no Flash. Screw Flash to hell.
    • New Move Tutors
      • Mostly there to teach egg moves, but also TM/HMs as well if need be.
    • Edits to move sets
      • To reflect some changes made in 4th generation and with TM/HMs.
    • Edited moves
      • Some moves were changed in 4th gen, (like Fly), so I'd just like to reflect those changes.
    • New Pokemon
      • Not custom ones, but customisations certainly will be made.
      • I also might include some 4th generation Pokémon. Currently thinking about including:
        • Mamoswine, because it's bloody awesome. I mean really, it's a mammoth!
        • Froslass is cool too, ufufufu.
        • Gallade because of it's knightly resemblance.
        • Perhaps Leafeon and Glaceon, depending on how I feel.
        • Driflooooooooooooooooooooon~ (and Drifblim), because it is adorable.
      • Changed evolutions
        • Trade evolutions have been changed to level up.
        • Trade + item evolutions might be changed.
        • Espeon and Umbreon will evolve through the use of a Sun and Moon stone respectively.
    Uh... yeah, I think that's enough features for now. Kind of got carried away with it. But as you can see, I am focused on making this hack a unique experience. I want to encourage a greater challenge not just in battles, but also in getting to those battles.

Screenshots

Progress
    Hack is in its early stages, with only a few maps done at the moment while scripts are created. Further progression won't occur until I start making more tiles.

Tools
    • Advance Map
    • XSE
    • MS Paint ♥
    • A-Text
    • VBA
    • Hex Workshop

Special Thanks
    • Members who frequent this section, for offering help and knowledge (and tools).
    • JPAN, for his top notch hacked engine. You all should use this.
    • Wichu, for his de-capitalisation patch.
    • diegoisawesome, for his D/P text patch.
    • Aoriaku, for all his support and advice. He's a really great hacker, always willing to help, and a true bro.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    This is really interesting idea...
    Healing wells are nicely done.
    But... how are we suppose to have a good team when there won't be enough of pokeballs? :D Or we just get some for free?
    I like it G'luck :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2018
    This looks like it will be a good hack oh and I like that refrence to "Don't Stop Believing"

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    I'm so totally in for this hack. Be it either because your goals are similar to mine, or be it that I love those Castle tiles...

let's comment on your features [responces are in this form]
    Features:
    This isn't your usual Pokémon game. While the standard elements like catching and battling remain, other elements have changed and different mechanics will be added.
    • New region (hurr durr). Yay.
      • A pretty obvious feature (almost as obvious as "New scripts").
    • Oh. New tiles as well. Still using the original FRLG ones, but I'll be adding my own as well to create unique environments. Yes, that's the spirit. Best tiles are the default ones.
    • Not all of the first 386 Pokémon will be available Fine by me.
      • Legends don't just appear out of nowhere - they're made.
    • No more Pokémon Centers No comment here, wells are awesome
      • Healing now takes place at the wells located through out the regions. They aren't any less common than the Poke Center, but the absence of which leads to...
    • No more PCs This is the one thing I'm not fond of. Even though you make it look more anime-like, I personally believe that access to pcs should be free and unlimited.
      • Storing Pokémon is still possible, but it won't be as acessible as before (nor as free).
    • No more Poké Marts I like this even more than wells.
      • Instead, merchants that scattered throughout the region provide you with necessities.
    • Less balls As long as the necessities are provided, it's okay.
      • This game doesn't focus on catching 'em all (neither does Nintendo anymore apparently), since Poké Balls are a lot harder to come by. You either can find them if you're lucky, purchase them for absurdly high prices, or have them made using the materials you find around the place. No Apricorns though.
    • Your items have changed Woot, custom items. Looking forward to examples.
      • Kinda. Since your fancy potions, revives and so on haven't been invented yet, you're going to have to increase your reliance on more natural items, such as berries and that nasty herbal stuff.
      • Some other items may change forms, like Proteins to Steaks, or something along those lines.
      • Also, see Poké Balls above.
    • Berry trees Good, you included them.
      • They have to be included considering healing items will be harder to come by.
    • Key detection based events As expected.
    • Overworld specific stats Care to clarify that? I don't completely understand its meaning.
      • By utilising the contest stats that would otherwise be doing nothing, new events will be created that depend on these statistics.
    • New field moves Awaiting to see this 'example'.
      • While they may not be necessary to progress through the game, they do change gameplay quite a bit. I'd provide an example, but I'd rather be able to show it to you later on.
    • TMs and HMs will be changed Yes, another thing I like about it.
      • Uncertain of how at the moment. Either they'll be removed all together or renamed and redesigned.
      • Also, no Flash. Screw Flash to hell.
    • New Move Tutors See above.
      • Mostly there to teach egg moves, but also TM/HMs as well if need be.
    • Edits to move sets See above x2.
      • To reflect some changes made in 4th generation and with TM/HMs.
    • Edited moves x3...
      • Some moves were changed in 4th gen, (like Fly), so I'd just like to reflect those changes.
    • New Pokemon good, looking forward to an example here as well.
      • Not custom ones, but customisations certainly will be made.
      • I also might include some 4th generation Pokémon. Currently thinking about including:
        • Mamoswine, because it's bloody awesome. I mean really, it's a mammoth!
        • Froslass is cool too, ufufufu.
        • Gallade because of it's knightly resemblance.
        • Perhaps Leafeon and Glaceon, depending on how I feel.
        • Driflooooooooooooooooooooon~ (and Drifblim), because it is adorable.
      • Changed evolutions - I suppose we should see this coming.
        • Trade evolutions have been changed to level up.
        • Trade + item evolutions might be changed.
        • Espeon and Umbreon will evolve through the use of a Sun and Moon stone respectively.
    Well, if you want me to make you a userbar, sprites or something, roll on! I'll surely do it for you!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    You're going to change the player o/w, right? His outfit is irrevelant with the whole idea. :P

Also, you don't give us a general idea of what the 'big events' are.
    The maps are pretty good; keep up the good work!

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    omg hi sup ray

Anyway, looks sexy, I still think you've progressed a lot in such a little time period. You've almost twigged tree shading but, it's not perfect yet. The new tiles you've made are superb. I really like the well one, are you going to make a new roof for it? Also, you seem to have grasped scripting pretty well in a short period, well done.

im me some time

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2016
    Look's cool. I like the idea that its hard to catch pokemon, that way you wont be grinding hours to get your pokemon to level up. Hope you will release a first patch soon ^^

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    0.o wow nice one I really like the features and concept...the story is very nicely put.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
    So this is your hack?

Well, I like the storyline, I never heard of that one before, but it's original and who knows, maybe it'll bring a lot of good gameplay. :3

I'm happy your keeping mostly the Fire Red style, since Fire Red style is nice. But I would also say that you may want to use some emerald tiles, to make the tiles a little varied. :P

Your features look interesting and I can't wait to see how you implement them. :)

Good luck! :3

RedBaron474

I don't even know
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    Sounds AWESOME . . . . Cant wait till the first patch comes out . . . . nice work!!!

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    This looks like a really quality hack! Your maps are very nice. I love all of the gameplay changes. :) Will the PC replacements be like a ranch/kennel that you leave your Pokemon with?

If you're going to include gen 4 Pokemon, are you going to update the battle system to gen 4 also? Is that even possible?

The blue houses look a little too modern for this 'fantasy medieval' setting. You should replace them with wooden shacks or cottage houses. Or maybe a simple recolor would do it.

Last edited:
    Back