• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I just downloaded this, and I'm following the installation guide, but when I have luma to the root of the sd card, and I hold select upon start up, the luma menu does not appear. How can I fix this?

Hey, there are a couple of things I can suggest trying to fix that:
    • Make sure you start holding select before pressing the power button.
    • Check that you've got luma's menu bound to the select button. I don't remember if that can even be changed (or how you check), but the luma 3DS wiki should cover it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Managed to defeat WY Insanity after about 50 hours, while using Set rule, not abusing items mid battle, not using Amie hax and not overleveling too much compared to Diantha (I ended up with everyone at like lvl87). It was... quite a hard journey tbh. I'm not sure how to talk about my experience with the game just yet, so I'm going to only throw these 2 points:

* The idea of Lysandre bringing his own boxart legendary to the final battle sounds really cool and is a nice throwback to the final battle in BW, but currently the option to use your legendary just feels like a death trap instead of an actual option. Your own legendary would be 7-8 lvl below Lysandre's team, and with no held item or trained EVs (which is rather important for surviving Insanity); WY in particular seems to be getting the short end of the stick here, as Xerneas utterly wrecks Yveltal typing/movepool wise and would just end up using him as setup fodder for Geomancy.

* Looks like the man in Ambrette Town does not recognize the caught Genesect from Terminus Cave, leaving you with no way to obtain the Drives from it. Such a shame too; being able to customize Techno Blast would be quite useful.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Managed to defeat WY Insanity after about 50 hours, while using Set rule, not abusing items mid battle, not using Amie hax and not overleveling too much compared to Diantha (I ended up with everyone at like lvl87). It was... quite a hard journey tbh. I'm not sure how to talk about my experience with the game just yet, so I'm going to only throw these 2 points:

* The idea of Lysandre bringing his own boxart legendary to the final battle sounds really cool and is a nice throwback to the final battle in BW, but currently the option to use your legendary just feels like a death trap instead of an actual option. Your own legendary would be 7-8 lvl below Lysandre's team, and with no held item or trained EVs (which is rather important for surviving Insanity); WY in particular seems to be getting the short end of the stick here, as Xerneas utterly wrecks Yveltal typing/movepool wise and would just end up using him as setup fodder for Geomancy.

* Looks like the man in Ambrette Town does not recognize the caught Genesect from Terminus Cave, leaving you with no way to obtain the Drives from it. Such a shame too; being able to customize Techno Blast would be quite useful.

Well done! Good to hear it was actually hard; I hope there wasn't too much grinding required.

The player's legendary not being a good option for that fight was done specifically because Xerneas wrecks Yveltal so easily; I didn't want people playing WY to be encouraged to swap out a team member for something that was just going to leave them against a Geomancy-boosted Xerneas in the first turn of the fight, and Xerneas is so strong that making it on level with Lysandre's team would make the battle trivial in EX. As it is now Xerneas needs two heart scales to get Moonblast and Geomancy, so it's mostly useless until after Lysandre is beaten and it can be taken to the move reminder.

That's a shame about the Genesect Drives; chances are he'll only recognize an event Genesect, as that's how a lot of those sort of NPCs worked in earlier games. There isn't much space left in the marts at this point so I'm not sure how else to make the drives available unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Bug on Citra Canary Version 1240. Hack version is legal insanity

When fighting Fairy tale girl Corinne on victory road. After defeating her Azumarill she sent an unknown pokemon that make the game freeze. It is not the level 100 Deerling. Do not know if the bug is coming from citra or the hack.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Bug on Citra Canary Version 1240. Hack version is legal insanity

When fighting Fairy tale girl Corinne on victory road. After defeating her Azumarill she sent an unknown pokemon that make the game freeze. It is not the level 100 Deerling. Do not know if the bug is coming from citra or the hack.

I was expecting that to be a citra bug but it was definitely a bug with the hack, Corinne's Pokemon data in legal insanity was a mess. I've fixed the problem and the corrected files are uploading now. Thanks for reporting this!

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2019
    Hey! Thank you for your big work! Where can I encounter Mewtwo? And what changes in shiny hunting mechanics in this hack?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey! Thank you for your big work! Where can I encounter Mewtwo? And what changes in shiny hunting mechanics in this hack?

Hey! Mewtwo's in the usual place (the unknown dungeon in Pokemon Village after becoming Champion). Shiny hunting is mostly unchanged, but I've removed the shiny lock from all the legendaries that had it originally.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    Well done! Good to hear it was actually hard; I hope there wasn't too much grinding required.

Regarding the level curve, I would say that (disregarding the sheer amount of time in Super Training), the game didn't force me to grind for the most part. I'm really happy about the decision to change the restaurants from money-draining traps of doom into great places for grinding both cash and XP. The only part that I felt the need to grind (and the part I'm a bit infuriated about) would be the insane 5 level gap between the Elite Four and Diantha - for context, I believe my team barely scratched the lvl81-82 level mark by the time I reached the league.

Currently I'm trying to replay the game again with a different starter; I actually somehow managed to defeat Viola on Set, after a small bit of grind (and a massive amount of EV grinding). I'm trying to see how the improved starters compare to each other in this mod: From what I can remember, Fennekin ended up not too spectacular in my first run mostly because it's pretty hard for her to find an opportunity to switch in and boost with Nasty Plot. She's probably way better with Switch however, which is what pretty much everyone not me would play on, so my opinion might be less consequential than expected.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Hi i got a Question:
    I played through Y and then installed Wilting Y. It worked perfectly (Wilting Y in Title Screen and adjusted Elite 4 -> btw really great adjustments :)). Now i have restarted the game to go through the entire challenge and the hack dissapeared.
    I have already tried to replace the title folder inside luma and it didnt work.
    How can i fix it and get Wilting Y back?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Regarding the level curve, I would say that (disregarding the sheer amount of time in Super Training), the game didn't force me to grind for the most part. I'm really happy about the decision to change the restaurants from money-draining traps of doom into great places for grinding both cash and XP. The only part that I felt the need to grind (and the part I'm a bit infuriated about) would be the insane 5 level gap between the Elite Four and Diantha - for context, I believe my team barely scratched the lvl81-82 level mark by the time I reached the league.

Currently I'm trying to replay the game again with a different starter; I actually somehow managed to defeat Viola on Set, after a small bit of grind (and a massive amount of EV grinding). I'm trying to see how the improved starters compare to each other in this mod: From what I can remember, Fennekin ended up not too spectacular in my first run mostly because it's pretty hard for her to find an opportunity to switch in and boost with Nasty Plot. She's probably way better with Switch however, which is what pretty much everyone not me would play on, so my opinion might be less consequential than expected.
    Good to hear the trainer levels are mostly where they should be! The level gap between the player and Diantha is 100% intentional; like all the other trainers in the game, she doesn't have any EVs so a level advantage partially compensates for that, and also makes sure she's a tougher battle than the Elite Four for most people. It is a little unfair in Insanity mode given her team is full of Pokemon with crazy stats, but that is the entire point of the mode; it's supposed to be unbalanced.

Well done beating Viola! Set is my preferred way to play so I make sure that everything can be beaten on it. I find that Fennekin performs best with screen or Will-O-Wisp support from a team member if you want go with a Nasty Plot set, though it's probably still not as strong as Protean Froakie.

Hi i got a Question:
    I played through Y and then installed Wilting Y. It worked perfectly (Wilting Y in Title Screen and adjusted Elite 4 -> btw really great adjustments :)). Now i have restarted the game to go through the entire challenge and the hack dissapeared.
    I have already tried to replace the title folder inside luma and it didnt work.
    How can i fix it and get Wilting Y back?

That's strange, starting a new save file shouldn't remove the hack. Try double-checking that luma's game patching feature is enabled and that the official game update isn't installed.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Hi
    Thanks for Responding
    Yes Game Patching is enabled and i deleted all Pokemon Y Update Data from the System Settings. For the Installation of Luma i had to tick the Box: Show NAND or user string in System Settings. I dong know if it has something to do with preventing the hack.
    Also does the Hack start from thr beginning of the Game or only after revceiving the Pokedex for example?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi
    Thanks for Responding
    Yes Game Patching is enabled and i deleted all Pokemon Y Update Data from the System Settings. For the Installation of Luma i had to tick the Box: Show NAND or user string in System Settings. I dong know if it has something to do with preventing the hack.
    Also does the Hack start from thr beginning of the Game or only after revceiving the Pokedex for example?
    The hack starts from the beginning of the game. Are you playing in a language other than English by any chance? The game has separate title screens for some languages, but the custom title screen only shows up in English. If the title screen isn't appearing, you can check that the hack is working in a few ways early on:
    • You get a starter with its hidden ability; this is a 50% chance so it's not the best way to check
    • The Poke ball shop in Aquacorde town sells Cherish Balls instead of regular Poke Balls
    • The first Pokemon you encounter on Route 2 is a Torchic

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Yep it was the Language, thanks dude 👌🏻
    Btw is it Normal that i cannot open Homebrewlauncher after installing Luma?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Yep it was the Language, thanks dude 👌🏻
    Btw is it Normal that i cannot open Homebrewlauncher after installing Luma?
    You're welcome! I think that's normal, luma should have its own version of the homebrew launcher that you can get from somewhere. Not too sure though.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Thanks for your Patience and Responses
    I have one last question, which i am aware of is completly off-topic, but i could not figure out how to create a new thread^^ apologies
    Im trying to breed a shinx with hidden ability guts and jolly nature:
    I put a shinx with guts (masculin) and a Ditto with Nature Jolly abd Everstone in the Pension. I get 100% Jolly nature but never the hidden Ability (from about 50 Eggs). I read that there would be a 60% Chance to get guts, or do i just have had Luck?
    Or does it have something to do that i got the shinx in Wilting Y and im trying to breed in Star Sapphire?
    I thought the hack wouldnt have any impact on breeding tbh^^

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Thanks for your Patience and Responses
    I have one last question, which i am aware of is completly off-topic, but i could not figure out how to create a new thread^^ apologies
    Im trying to breed a shinx with hidden ability guts and jolly nature:
    I put a shinx with guts (masculin) and a Ditto with Nature Jolly abd Everstone in the Pension. I get 100% Jolly nature but never the hidden Ability (from about 50 Eggs). I read that there would be a 60% Chance to get guts, or do i just have had Luck?
    Or does it have something to do that i got the shinx in Wilting Y and im trying to breed in Star Sapphire?
    I thought the hack wouldnt have any impact on breeding tbh^^

That is technically on topic as it's a hack related problem. Wilting Y messes with ability slots because the only way to get hidden abilities in XY is through horde battles, so most Pokemon have their hidden ability available as one of their regular abilities instead. So what happens is Star Sapphire (which doesn't alter Pokemon at all) sees Guts Shinx and thinks that it's got ability one (Rivalry) instead of its hidden ability, which means none of its offspring will be able to have their hidden ability.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    Thanks for your Responses and Patience:)
    I got one last Question though, which i know is a little off-topic but i could not quite figure out on how to create a new thread^^
    So i am looking to breed a shinx with guts (hidden ability) and nature jolly.
    I put a shinx (masculine) with guts (which i caught in Wilting Y) and a Ditto with nature Jolly and Everstone (from Pokemon Bank) in the pension in Pokemon Star Sapphire. Ive bred over 50 Eggs, all got 100% nature jolly, but never have the hidden ability guts.
    Is my breeding setup wrong (cause ive read online that the chance of getting guts should be 60%)? Do i have bad luck? Or are the hacks (WY and SS) preventing something? Im really confused

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey, recently started playing Eternal X rebalanced version and I couldn't help but notice a few odd things such as double kick damaging my own pokemon and moves like protect and endure completely failing to work at all.

Are these bugs in the hack or am I being stupid and screwed things up?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hey, recently started playing Eternal X rebalanced version and I couldn't help but notice a few odd things such as double kick damaging my own pokemon and moves like protect and endure completely failing to work at all.

Are these bugs in the hack or am I being stupid and screwed things up?

Hey, I've just tested those moves out in case they were an issue with the hack. I can't replicate any of those bugs so they're most likely not a problem with the hack's files.

Moves not working is a pretty major bug that I've never encountered before, but I'll try to help you fix the problem. Are you playing on Citra or a 3DS? If you're on Citra It's possible you have a bad ROM dump or something went wrong during the rebuilding process.

Back