• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Eternal X & Wilting Y [Version 2.67 Released]

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    Hi! Look, I was doing some post game research on Route 14, and all the pink trainers (Ranger type if I remember correctly) don't have any dialog box. The game kinda freezes for a few seconds and after you hit A a few times, appears a tiny white box dialogue, empty of course. I don't know if that's a bug but I wanted to report it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Ok, I've just started and Viola just crushed me, like nothing to do. I guess I need more grinding. I am not complaining, I love the challenge. You get to spend more time with your mons=3
    Glad you're enjoying it! Viola's done that to quite a few people now.
    Hi! Look, I was doing some post game research on Route 14, and all the pink trainers (Ranger type if I remember correctly) don't have any dialog box. The game kinda freezes for a few seconds and after you hit A a few times, appears a tiny white box dialogue, empty of course. I don't know if that's a bug but I wanted to report it
    Definitely sounds like a bug, thanks for reporting it! Any chance you could send me your save file to make it easier to test?

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    I've really been enjoying the mod, and playing the Rebalanced version blind has been pretty...interesting. Wasn't expecting Farfetch'd to be a sudden badass! One thing I was wondering was I've encountered an unexpected wall at the second Gym leader, Grant, and am trying to level up a couple counters to his team... But all the encounters are only offering 80 - 120xp per encounter, which is making catching up to Grant's level 30+ mons quite time consuming. Is this intentional or am I missing some obvious grinding strategy?

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    I've really been enjoying the mod, and playing the Rebalanced version blind has been pretty...interesting. Wasn't expecting Farfetch'd to be a sudden badass! One thing I was wondering was I've encountered an unexpected wall at the second Gym leader, Grant, and am trying to level up a couple counters to his team... But all the encounters are only offering 80 - 120xp per encounter, which is making catching up to Grant's level 30+ mons quite time consuming. Is this intentional or am I missing some obvious grinding strategy?

The best grinding strategy is after you can kill one or two of Grant pokemons. And you kill them with a O-power of exp points if they're already available. If you can kill one or two, you can earn a lot of exp points. It's tough the friggin bastard nonetheless

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Happy to hear you're enjoying the hack! There's also the battle chateau and the restaurants in Lumiose available as sources of endless trainer battles; the first restaurant battle is full of Audino so it gives out a lot of EXP, even though they'll be well below your level.

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2022
    I like the way you're making some enjoyable romhacks like Drayano did, I imagined that if we press start on title screen in Eternal X or Wilting Y, Xerneas's or Yveltal's cry would appear like in other pokemon ds & 3ds games (like Giratina's cry in Platinum by pressing start on the title screen).
    It would be cool to replace the simple start button sound effect on title screen by Xerneas's or Yveltal's cry (depending on version) if you want to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I like the way you're making some enjoyable romhacks like Drayano did, I imagined that if we press start on title screen in Eternal X or Wilting Y, Xerneas's or Yveltal's cry would appear like in other pokemon ds & 3ds games (like Giratina's cry in Platinum by pressing start on the title screen).
    It would be cool to replace the simple start button sound effect on title screen by Xerneas's or Yveltal's cry (depending on version) if you want to.

Thanks! That would be a nice touch (it's strange that XY doesn't do it already), but I have no idea how I'd actually make that change unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Hi, I'm trying to play Wilting Y with one of my cartridges. I've installed the Insanity Rebalanced version and there are changes to marts (Pokeball place selling Cherish Balls, First city selling Punch TMs) but none of the pokemon changes are going through. I deleted the updates for Y, Do I need to delete my X updates as well? If not, what else should I do?

I also seem to be having the same issue with Prismatic Moon, even after following all the steps on its guide. That one was gotten off the eShop.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    Hi, I'm trying to play Wilting Y with one of my cartridges. I've installed the Insanity Rebalanced version and there are changes to marts (Pokeball place selling Cherish Balls, First city selling Punch TMs) but none of the pokemon changes are going through. I deleted the updates for Y, Do I need to delete my X updates as well? If not, what else should I do?

I also seem to be having the same issue with Prismatic Moon, even after following all the steps on its guide. That one was gotten off the eShop.
    You shouldn't have to delete your X update, just the one for Y, so that won't be the problem. Could you take a look on your 3DS SD card to see if it's got a file named "8" in luma\titles\0004000000055E00\romfs\a\2\? That's where all the Pokemon changes are found, so if it's missing for some reason that'll be the problem.

Also, how are you checking to see if the Pokemon changes are working? Asking because sometimes people assume they aren't working if their starter has it's regular ability, which can still happen with the changes applied.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    I'll check in the morning for the file.

For WY, I checked the location of Fletchling. It only shows up in Route 2 in WY, but it pops up in Route 2 and the forest in the original. I've ran into several discrepancies like that, aside from not seeing any pokemon out of the norm, despite a 65% chance of that happening.

In PM, I found a Buneary in the first patch of grass where Kukui shows you how to catch pokemon. Buneary pops up later in the route PM.

Will the files be the same for both games?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    I don't have a file in that directory. I've got one in romfs/a/2/1, but the only things in /2/ are files 1 and 2.

Checking in the drive, there are no files in /a/2/1/ in any version of either game. If that's an error, IDK if it's on my part.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I'll check in the morning for the file.

For WY, I checked the location of Fletchling. It only shows up in Route 2 in WY, but it pops up in Route 2 and the forest in the original. I've ran into several discrepancies like that, aside from not seeing any pokemon out of the norm, despite a 65% chance of that happening.

In PM, I found a Buneary in the first patch of grass where Kukui shows you how to catch pokemon. Buneary pops up later in the route PM.

Will the files be the same for both games?
    The encounters thing could just be really bad RNG, but if Fletchling is showing up in the forest that definitely means the change aren't working. Did the scripted Torchic appear on Route 2? Also, are the trainer teams different, and are any of the type changes working? IIRC the earliest ones are Grass/Fairy Petilil in EXWY and Normal/Fairy Audino in PSPM. Sorry for all the questions!

The files will be different for PSPM; Pokemon changes are a\0\1\7 and wild encounters are a\0\8\3 .

I don't have a file in that directory. I've got one in romfs/a/2/1, but the only things in /2/ are files 1 and 2.

Checking in the drive, there are no files in /a/2/1/ in any version of either game. If that's an error, IDK if it's on my part.
    Oh my mistake, that was supposed to be a/2/1, which should contain four files: 2, 4, 5 and 8.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    I didn't see the Torchic either, and I haven't tested the type changes as I haven't gotten that far yet. All the files are there.

For WY, /a/2/1/ has 2(34kb) 4(73kb) 5(54kb) and 8(116kb)

I deleted the title updates before updating with Luma if that would cause anything. When launching Luma, should anything other than the update option be checked?

PM's a/0/1/7 is 180kb and a/0/8/3 is 471,528kb

What exactly am I looking for, dialogue wise, in PM?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2024
    I didn't see the Torchic either, and I haven't tested the type changes as I haven't gotten that far yet. All the files are there.

For WY, /a/2/1/ has 2(34kb) 4(73kb) 5(54kb) and 8(116kb)

I deleted the title updates before updating with Luma if that would cause anything. When launching Luma, should anything other than the update option be checked?

PM's a/0/1/7 is 180kb and a/0/8/3 is 471,528kb

What exactly am I looking for, dialogue wise, in PM?

Luma should only need "enable game patching" to be checked to work. Are you on version 10.0.1 of luma? There was an earlier version that broke layeredFS, maybe that's the problem?

In PM Kukui should say "Welcome to Prismatic Moon" during his intro speech.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2022
    Ah, that's the problem. I'm running Luma 6.6, apparently. What's the easiest way to go about updating it?

Last edited:
    Back