• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Fluorite Version (8-13-15, Beta 3 Released!)

Should the player speak?

• Yes

Votes: 327 55.1%
  • Only during important events

Votes: 148 24.9%
  • No

Votes: 119 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted an update or anything, but if all goes well and no more bugs are found, I'll be releasing the second beta tomorrow. I'd also like to apoligize for the bad quality of the first beta, and if you played it, I'm sorry, and it's nothing like that anymore XD

Does this mean we'll have to restart our save?

Also, really good job though, I look forward to Beta 2!

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • Does this mean we'll have to restart our save?

Nope. When you save the game, it saves a file name Flourite.sav, if you have this as the same name and folder of the ROM, it'll work.

So you delete the old beta, patch a new ROM with the Flourite Beta 2 and rename it to the same name as the .sav file. It will most likely be called Flourite.sav, so make sure the rom is called Flourite EXACTLY.

Beta 2 is pretty good, so don't worry about that :)

Ttar0914

Years
  • Does this mean we'll have to restart our save?

We would recommend it to prevent any bugs! Also, if you've seen the trailers which have been made by Le Pug (thank you very much again, Le! You're awesome!), you'll see that Tentrem Town has been changed and the stolen Pokémon event has been changed as well. You'll leave the house and see how the guy's Pokémon has been stolen by a Team Aqua Grunt. (Also, during that scene, you're not controlling the player - of course you can still press the A and B buttons; the control buttons won't work until the battle starts.). Also the Hubert scene in Amity Forest has been slightly changed as you can see in the video. As promised, you'll be able to get the second and third badge and Team Magma and Aqua are going to appear more often, which means more battles against both of them! And the first 6 vs 6 Tag Team Double Battle will be against one of those teams!
    In summary, this beta will be better AND longer!

That's all from my side.
    Cheers and enjoy Beta 2,
    ~DBG (aka Tyranitar50).

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Actually, no, it won't be compatible. I changed many things in the beggining, so you'll have to start again, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    Nope. When you save the game, it saves a file name Flourite.sav, if you have this as the same name and folder of the ROM, it'll work.

So you delete the old beta, patch a new ROM with the Flourite Beta 2 and rename it to the same name as the .sav file. It will most likely be called Flourite.sav, so make sure the rom is called Flourite EXACTLY.

Beta 2 is pretty good, so don't worry about that :)

Sorry, I may not have been clear. I know that about it is POSSIBLE to keep your savefile through betas, I was just wondering about compatibility issues, and whether I would have missed anything important - which incidentally DarkSneasel/DarkBlazingGroudon have now answered.

Thankyou anyway!

And thankyou for the feedback DBG and DarkSneasel :)

Ttar0914

Years
  • Sorry, I may not have been clear. I know that about it is POSSIBLE to keep your savefile through betas, I was just wondering about compatibility issues, and whether I would have missed anything important - which incidentally DarkSneasel/DarkBlazingGroudon have now answered.

Thankyou anyway!

And thankyou for the feedback DBG and DarkSneasel :)

You're welcome, gbianco. Glad that we could help you :)

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Alright, so I've just finished bug fixing for beta 2. It's released :D

Here it is, you'll need a UPS patcher :)

It is not compatible with previous saves. And it goes up to the cave after the third gym, however it isn't completed, so once you fight the rival, the ladder will take you to the Pokemon Center. SAVE THERE

Most sprites are not final, and don't mind minor bugs like sound corruption, if you hear a beeping noise, save and load. If you find any bugs, tell me :)

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • In congratulations of DarkSneasel's beta 2 release, I have created an awesome thread style that actually looks better than my hacks thread ;' (
    Well next time we are both on IRC chat, I'll pass him over the code and you guys will be able to soon see the awesome updated front post!

Years
  • Alright, so I've just finished bug fixing for beta 2. It's released :D

Here it is, you'll need a UPS patcher :)

It is not compatible with previous saves. And it goes up to the cave after the third gym, however it isn't completed, so once you fight the rival, the ladder will take you to the Pokemon Center. SAVE THERE

Most sprites are not final, and don't mind minor bugs like sound corruption, if you hear a beeping noise, save and load. If you find any bugs, tell me :)

Why didn't I saw this post?????? Is the controllable boat in??

Years
  • I just beat dragon gym. I don't know where to go next. Help me.. And hack is good.. Didn't expected 3rd gym would be dragon type gym . It was tough to beat .

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I just beat dragon gym. I don't know where to go next. Help me.. And hack is good.. Didn't expected 3rd gym would be dragon type gym . It was tough to beat .

Thanks! Anyways, after the dragon gym, talk to the gentleman in the residential area of Faang Reef, he'll take you to a cave. The cave is not complete, and after a rival battle, going down a ladder will take you to Faang Reef, that's because the cave is not complete.

Make sure NOT to save inside the cave, save outside Faang Reef.

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Well I've Just Decided To Play Yesterday And End Up On The Town Where I've Obtain The King's Rock. I've Found This Bug. I Play As A Female And I Can't Open The PC In The House. It Is Like I'm In The Rivals House. And The Option's Content Is Not Fully Decap. And What Do You Mean By Controllable Boats? Is That Your The One Navigating It? I Really Liked Your Game So Far By The Way.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Well I've Just Decided To Play Yesterday And End Up On The Town Where I've Obtain The King's Rock. I've Found This Bug. I Play As A Female And I Can't Open The PC In The House. It Is Like I'm In The Rivals House. And The Option's Content Is Not Fully Decap. And What Do You Mean By Controllable Boats? Is That Your The One Navigating It? I Really Liked Your Game So Far By The Way.

Can you explain that bug a bit more? I haven't played as the girl character so I wouldn't know. And yep, the player navigates it. Also, I'll fix the Options stuff, and thanks! (Also, how did you end up in that town..? I thought the cave took you back to the Reef .__.)

Raiimeister

Hear Me Roar!
    Years
  • Can you explain that bug a bit more? I haven't played as the girl character so I wouldn't know. And yep, the player navigates it. Also, I'll fix the Options stuff, and thanks! (Also, how did you end up in that town..? I thought the cave took you back to the Reef .__.)

Usually, If I Start A Game I Go To The PC To Withdraw The Potion. But When I Play The Female, I Can't Open The PC Couz It Said The Pokemon Trainer School Stuff. I Think You Should Try The Female And Go To Your PC So You Know What I Meant. I'm Kind Of Confused On What You Meant On That Cave Thing As I Didn't Go Far That Yet. I'll Just Let You Know What Fishy Stuffs I've Encounter If I Finished The Beta. And The Navigating Boat Looks Really Cool :-D

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    What he's trying to say is that a potion can be withdrawn from the pc in your room if you're playing as a male, but you can't do so if you're playing as a female. Probably due to an unfixed gender check somewhere.
    A criticism I have for this hack so far: the sound corruption gets really annoying. I'm assuming it's because you're using tools like Amap that erroneously think that free space in Emerald is 00, not FF. Chaos Rush has posted a fix for Amap somewhere I believe, but unfortunately there's no saving an already corrupted rom. My suggestion would be to restart this hack. (It probably shouldn't take that long to catch up)
    I'll be reviewing this hack, as well as Gaia, on the Nuzlocke Forums when I get the chance, so you can see my full review there.

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • What he's trying to say is that a potion can be withdrawn from the pc in your room if you're playing as a male, but you can't do so if you're playing as a female. Probably due to an unfixed gender check somewhere.
    A criticism I have for this hack so far: the sound corruption gets really annoying. I'm assuming it's because you're using tools like Amap that erroneously think that free space in Emerald is 00, not FF. Chaos Rush has posted a fix for Amap somewhere I believe, but unfortunately there's no saving an already corrupted rom. My suggestion would be to restart this hack. (It probably shouldn't take that long to catch up)
    I'll be reviewing this hack, as well as Gaia, on the Nuzlocke Forums when I get the chance, so you can see my full review there.

Sound corruption for right now is fixed by saving and restarting the ROM. The causes come from using the Speed-Up Button too long for too much and playing for an extended amount of time. I think at this point, it isn't in Dark's best to just restart the project. Although it isn't much, it took him more than a few months to do what he did. :)

Hey. I'm going to be reviewing hacks too. Glad to see another reviewer on board. ^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back