• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Online now
    i have encountered a really strange bug and any help would be appreciated. I'm in frostbite cave at the battle with Eunice, but I lost the first time. I grinding for a really long time and am ready to try again, but the cut scene just keeps replaying. I can't fight the grunt, much less Eunice. i tried reloading my save, but it didn't work. if it helps, i'm on kbh. please help me.

Years
  • I get the same error after you updated it.

Spoiler:

This time it is a NullPointerException which means there is a tiny error in the code that makes this whole TM randomization process still not work quite yet!!!

This has been fixed as well, please redownload! https://github.com/sphericalice/universal-pokemon-randomizer/releases/

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Are there any major buffs to weak pokemon in this hack? Or is it purely what has been officially done for them over the generations?

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2019
    Hello, I saw this just looking around for Pokemon Rom Hacks and I tried patching it, even got the recommended Fire Red File and it's telling me that the patch does not match the file. I'm not really sure what to do, would really appreciate some help

infranto

[color=grey][i]When it rains, it pours.[/i][/color
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Hello!

Just wanted to take the time to say that I love your hack and the story is very well written! Thank you for the time and effort you put into making it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2023
    Does Tinted Lens work? How about Technician? I have trouble getting Tinted Lens to work. Thanks

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2019
    When should the final game become released? I still have to go to Ovarr Island and Katosurf Town. I'm using Hannah as my Pokémon.

My girlie Pokémon team:

Samantha
    Hannah
    Chloe
    Brittany or Riley
    Aimee
    Amelia

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    This is an awesome hack. That being said, I gotta know one thing before I put too much time and effort into this final member of my team- does Deino still evolve at the same outrageous levels as it does in the main series games, or were its evolution levels adjusted as well?

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2020
    Just finished Gaia a few moments ago and made an account here just to say, that I enjoyed your Rom Hack very much. Really feels like an official Pokemon game. Looking forward to the post game, whenever it may be ready. Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    I have dozens and dozens of hours sunk into Gaia and I plan on sinking even more in over the next couple weeks. That said, I want to do my part to help make this game even more amazing for the people who play after me and I wanted to submit a couple bugs for your consideration:

1.) There are times when the battle screen doesn't match the proper location. For instance, if you use the Old Rod to fish on the southern piers in Aerous City, the battle screen is green indicating land instead of blue. However, in some other areas around there it'll be correct.

2.) I noticed during my playthrough that Linoone uses its ability "pickup" even when it's been knocked out (FNT status). Not sure if that is intentional, though.

3.) I think Pokemon breeding needs a second look. If I breed two Magikarp together with the female holding an Everstone, the child should possess the same Nature as the mother. Currently the offspring all possess random Natures upon hatching.

4.) There are two spots in the northern area where the lumberjacks are located which can't be walked into even though they are empty squares. I'll do my best to link images to show their locations.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

That's it for now! Like I mentioned previously, I am having a blast and loving this experience. I can't wait to see the final version of this labor of love.

Last edited:

Plus-Sized Scribe

Cry Creator and Whovian
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    What a magnificent hack this was. I enjoyed myself thoroughly and became quite attached to my team! Thanks for the lovely experience, and I can't wait to do it all over again with the next stable release!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2022
    I really enjoyed this hack! The tiling is well made and very beautiful, the tablets with acient pokemon inscribed in them blend with the surroundings. I loved the orange forestry at the Victory Falls. The stuff like fast travel options by accompanying someone, telling the starter's nature without having to enter the menu to see it, showing which stats are affected by nature and telling Hidden Power's typing when you teach it were all nice and subtle gestures that made me fall in love with this game. If there's any con I have to say about this hack... I don't have much to say. I didn't appreciate that the HMs were all back (If there's Flash I missed it lol), good thing the Move Deleter gets introduced early in the game, sometimes I just ditched one of the pokemon in my party to have a HM slave (Poliwrath can learn all but Cut and Fly) but since gaining EXP even if you have 6 pokemon in your party is no problem so whoever got left behing catches up really quick (access to VS Seeker and Lucky Egg makes it lose all tedium). There are so many HMs that there's a lot to backtrack to do, although I got a shiny Spinarak from that lol. And kicking my rival's butt always made me feel guilty, at some point I thought he was going to turn on me because of it or something XD. As for glitches, my Excadrill was shown as a Victreebel (cry included) when it got registered in the Hall of Fame. Good thing after that it was still an Excadrill.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Take a look at Ovarr Town, one of the postgame areas of Pokémon Gaia in the upcoming v4:

ovarr_town_map.png
    unfinished_tunnel.png
    tremors.png

As you can tell, the connection to Ovarr Town via Archan Tunnel will be unfinished when you start your journey, as the ongoing tremors make construction too dangerous.

archan_tunnel_finished.png
    tunnel_ovarr_side.png
    inverse_gym.png

It looks like Terra / Gaia (depending on which player character you chose) is interested in Ovarr Town's Inverse Gym.

Another destination of interest in Ovarr Town is Mrs. Nature's place:
    mrs_nature.png
    curtain.png

appear.gif

After a dramatic entrance, Mrs. Nature will, for a reasonable fee, ask you a few questions, before predicting the Nature of encounters you've yet to have!

water_blue.png
    thin_pink.png
    reveal.png

The results are in...

quiet.png
    wild_exeggcute.png
    quiet_exeggcute.png

Looks like her prediction came true!

Mrs. Nature's abilities are similar to Madam Celadon's, from Let's Go!.

However, as Pokémon Gaia does not have a day/night cycle, fortune will last for a certain number of steps before wearing off instead of lasting a day.

While the fortune is active, all wild Pokémon you encounter will be of the Nature she predicted, but you can always pay for another telling to change this, or walk around enough for the fortune to wear off.

Her fortune will also take precedent over Synchronize's field effect on wild Pokémon's Nature (which I felt the need to explicitly say because Let's Go! had no Abilities so it was a priority I had to decide on). Also worth noting Synchronize's field effect is also new to v4, thanks to a routine by Squeetz/BreadCrumbs.

Thanks to cuddlesthefatcat and LunaMaddalena for the tiles!

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2021
    Sounds great, Spherical! Will we be able to use fly in order to maximize usage of fortune? And would it potentially last indefinitely if we stand in one spot and chain fish?

Back