• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
  • Is it bad that I accidentally killed the Clefairy in the very first cave you go in to meet the Professor? I wanted to catch him and accidentally clicked "Run" and I way to much progress to have to restart all over again just to catch it. I won't need Clefairy for later in the game, will I?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Is it bad that I accidentally killed the Clefairy in the very first cave you go in to meet the Professor? I wanted to catch him and accidentally clicked "Run" and I way to much progress to have to restart all over again just to catch it. I won't need Clefairy for later in the game, will I?

No, you don't need the Clefairy for the story. I've just completed the game. You will however need a pokemon that can Fly and Surf since you will use those HMs a lot :/

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • No, you don't need the Clefairy for the story. I've just completed the game. You will however need a pokemon that can Fly and Surf since you will use those HMs a lot :/

I actually never used Fly in the whole game. I'd say Cut, Rock Smash and Surf are the most common. There are Rock Climb areas everywhere so once that's available I imagine it'll be more necessary.

movienutt91

I Love Pokémon So Much
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2016
    I'd like to thank all the people hard at work with this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GAME HACK!
    I gotta admit... it's the one I'm looking forward to the MOST coming to fruition... I've beaten the 5th gym... and... OH What an exciting rush!
    Keep up the fantastic work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    This game is amazing so far, but bug issue I have with it is that the game for being 5 gym badges long is really short. Nothing really happens with the story between these gyms. From gym 1 to 5 only 3 or so things happen. Unless most of the story stuff comes towards the final gyms.

Years
  • Thanks for the answers, Spherical Ice~! Looks like I'm finished with the Beta for now then.
    You're welcome!

Are you going to add Day/Night system on the game? That would be.freaking.awesome. :D
    There are no plans to add a Day / Night system to the hack at the moment, no.

Pls add Displaying IV Stats I'm think this is an awesome Features. :)
    I agree! I will add it for Beta 3.

Maybe you should make the gyms slightly harder, I just played the whole game with only a chimchar and a whismur (now an infernape and exploud) and I defeated every gym with ease. If you make the gyms harder there will be more of a challenge. Maybe you could make the gyms harder and then balance that with an exp share that works the same as in OR/AS.
    Gaia will try to emulate the difficulty of the vanilla Pokémon games (perhaps being slightly harder in places), so of course playing through with only two Pokémon in a game designed to cater to teams of at least four will be easy. Furthermore, surely giving the Exp. All would do nothing but make things easier?

In any case, I do plan to make Beta 3 harder.

Hi KingChronos here again.
    I dont know if it's a bug, but when I put a sylveon with a ponita was born a male sylveon, but to be born an Eevee. So I tried again. I put my Sylveon female with Sylveon male newborn and not born Eevee as I wanted. Thanks in advance.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I'll have to look into what is causing this, I suspect it's the expanded number of evolutions a Pokémon can have not being accommodated for by the Day-Care routine.

fixed
    perhaps you could make a separate difficulty version
    That is definitely a possibility! I likely won't do so until the last release is out, or something resembling one, though.

Hello mate, what an amazing hack you've build so far! Just finished the second beta and I love it.
    Now I did find a little bug that crashed the game though, it's with the Abomasnow event. After I caught the big monster (level 40 is quite high IMO, but then again some lumberers wouldn't be scared if it was a sweet level 25) there is this guy who starts talking and gives you something (sorry I forgot what it was). The thing is that my bag was full and when I tossed an item and started talking with him again the game crashed (played it on the gpsp emulator).

Also a little question: Somewhere there is a guy who speaks of bringing the pokemon that represents the tablet (like the relicanth tablet). I did this with the relicanth and nothing happened. Is this just with this tablet or is this on your to do list?

Well that's about it. Continue the good work and I'll be looking for a nice support banner :D
    Thank you! With the new level curve in Beta 3, the Abomasnow is far more fairly levelled by the time you have access to it. The bug with the full bag has also been fixed; once the Abomasnow has been defeated, the lumberjack will try to give you an item, and if you have no room, he will be at the Timer Guild for you to take it from him there once you've made room. I've also made a conscious effort to remove useless items from the pool, so hopefully that will alleviate the issue of getting full bags slightly.

As for the tablets, all I can say is that their functionality is something that is only accessible later on in the game.

They look awesome! Now change the t-box, the hp bars and the battlebox Kappa
    Best of luck with next beta mate p:
    Thank you! I probably will change the HUD of battles too, but there aren't plans for it yet.

The visuals!
    The playability!
    Definitely a resplendent hack, one of the finest ever created. Keep up the amazing work!
    Thank you.

Wow! Almost looks like a Gen 4-5 game with the battle backgrounds! Keep up the great work Sphice! Also, I'm playing the hack a second time on the Galaxy Tablet A.

My team is:
    Pingu
    Spr_5b_394.png

Staravia
    Spr_5b2_397_m.png

Caitlyn
    sylveon__sprite__by_goldwolfspriter-d5xyae9.png

Hennessy
    vulpix

RokLobster
    dwebble

Nidorino
    nidorino

The hack is great and I tested out the Gooey Protect thing. It was fun!
    If possible, change the HP Bar and the Pokémon Menu UI.
    -Jose
    Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The new battle backgrounds are looking nice!

I didn't even notice it before, but some of the rocks in this one are green:
    oFWshMw.png

It actually works surprisingly well! :)
    Thanks! As MrDollSteak said, the green on their is the moss found in Nemesis Cave, as all the caves will have unique battle backgrounds.

Hi Ice, I have to say your game is the best hack rom I played, and I really like it!
    But now I need some help: how can I evolve Shelmet and/or Karrablast? I alredy captured both of them but I don't now what to do to evolve them..

And about Regigigas.. will he obtain a new form or a new ability? This to avoid the problem about Slow Start and and make him stronger..

And another more thing, this time about items: will this hack have an unlimited bag and/or storange? in fact the third generation's games have a really limited storange , which can be a problem for who always search and find different items, specially if there are also a lot of items from the newest generations..
    Thank you!

It seems I forgot to give Shelmet and Karrablast alternative evolution methods for Beta 2; in Beta 3 they will evolve by level-up.

I'm still undecided on what I shall do with Regigigas, but a new ability seems to be the most likely option for now.

The limitations of the Gen. 3 hardware means there's very little RAM to work with, so I definitely won't be able to make "limitless" storage space, I'm afraid. As I said earlier in this post, however, I have made the item pools slightly more uniform to alleviate bag clutter.

Does anyone by any chance know how Machoke evolves into Machamp? The Regal Stone doesn't work on Machoke, so is there any other way to evolve it other than by trading?
    It seems Machoke's alternative evolution method was incorrectly entered. It was supposed to evolve at level 42. This will be fixed in the next beta.

is there any date for the launch of the new beta ? cry
    I'm afraid there's no launch date, because I don't know myself. When it's ready, I'll post in this thread, so be sure to check back regularly.

Is it bad that I accidentally killed the Clefairy in the very first cave you go in to meet the Professor? I wanted to catch him and accidentally clicked "Run" and I way to much progress to have to restart all over again just to catch it. I won't need Clefairy for later in the game, will I?
    The Clefairy in Archan Tunnel's Secret Temple is, like all Pokémon, items, and so on in all Secret Temples and Hidden Grottos, entirely and completely optional.

I'd like to thank all the people hard at work with this ABSOLUTELY AMAZING GAME HACK!
    I gotta admit... it's the one I'm looking forward to the MOST coming to fruition... I've beaten the 5th gym... and... OH What an exciting rush!
    Keep up the fantastic work!
    Thank you! You're too kind.

This game is amazing so far, but bug issue I have with it is that the game for being 5 gym badges long is really short. Nothing really happens with the story between these gyms. From gym 1 to 5 only 3 or so things happen. Unless most of the story stuff comes towards the final gyms.
    Thank you!

I agree that there was not as much story content as there could've been, which is why saves from Beta 2 will not be compatible with Beta 3.

I have added quite a sizeable amount of new content within the same amount of Gyms: there is a whole new route, forest and Gym to battle after you exit Archan Tunnel for the first time which I showcased earlier; there is the Sabulo Tower and Mega Evolution quest on Sabulo Island; new planned content in Valoon Town; the Mighty Mightyena events which took place on Sabulo Island are now in between the fourth and fifth Gyms, in Telmurk City, as shown previously; and finally the events in Frostbite Cave and Apex Temple have been fleshed out and the evil team has been developed, too (this will likely be what I show in the next update!). All this is part of the effort to hopefully make the game more eventful, engaging and ultimately fun. Thanks for the feedback!

Now, it seems to be that time again where I must remap old maps again: the places which got the treatment this time are Valoon Way, Valoon Town and Telmurk Swamp (and, to a lesser extent, the surrounding maps):

PnPRgnc.png
    s0IxQtT.png
    AAEddLx.png

bdqv02p.png
    dBGveep.png
    ikP9wqh.png

BI1K14G.png
    0Lb2faZ.png
    zUzmoxp.png

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2016
    Hey Spherical Ice! Just wanted to tell you how much I appreciate all your efforts to make this amazing game. I can't even imagine how much effort it must've taken to feature all those additional Pokemon from the fourth, fifth and sixth generation. I've played quite a lot of those hacks already, most of which bored me at a certain point, but I didn`t even stop playing until I reached the end of the current beta. Yours is by far the best one I know. Can`t wait for all the things that are still left for us to enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2019
    Looking forward to Beta 3! I have a few questions:
    How many Betas are you planning to release until the final version?
    Are all Pokemon going to be in the game? If not, is there a list of which Pokemon will be in the game or not?
    Which Mega Evolutions will be included?
    Are you looking for any playtesters for Beta 3?
    If you have the ability to add anything you wanted to the game (nothing that's already in), regardless of restrictions, what would you add and why?

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2015
    I need some help ! i was surfing in Battle Marsh and i encountered a wild pokemon, after i killed it i glitched in water, now i can walk on water, baut i can't surf again neither can i get out of the water... how do i get out of that situation, please help...

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Hi Spherical Ice, first things first i wanted to thank you for bringing to us this amazing hack. I had stopped playing pokemon after black and white, but after discovering your game about a month ago i got back into it. However i would like to report some bugs/stuff you could tweak i found out while playing, mostly in the battle marsh. I haven't read the thread entirely, so i'm not sure whether anyone has reported them already, but whatever...
    • The first couple times i tried to heal my pokemon in the pokemon center in the battle marsh the colors went crazy and the game freezed
    • I'm not sure wheter this is intended or not, but when i enter the battle marsh challenge with already damaged pokemon they don't get healed until after the first battle
    • Entering the elevator at the 2nd floor and selecting 2nd floor again will display the animation as if it were going up
    • There might be some problems with the noibat sprite, because when i met one in the battle marsh it appeared like a black circle with a white question mark, and despite my scarce knowledge of gen 6 pokemon, i'm pretty sure it isn't suposed to look like that
    • Sucker punch seems to be not working, because when a spiritomb tried to use it it did not display any text or animation and did not damage my gardevoir
    • There is a slight error in the 2-wide green bookshelf tile in the blue shards guy's house: the last pixels on the left show a wooden floor instead of the wall
    That's pretty much all i can remember, i hope i've been of some help.
    Apart from this, could you tell me if it's possible to find feebas in beta 2?

P.S. : sorry for my awful English and/or any typos: as the most observing of you might have guessed English is not my first language

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Thanks everyone for letting me know about the Clefairy. Out of all the hacks I have played this one is by far my favorite one, along with pokemon liquid crystal. Can't wait until you release the new beta. Hope you guys follow through and finish the hack because this one is amazing. If I could buy it I would it's that good. Although I already know you're not supposed to purchase hacked games. Just saying it's that good! :) Keep up the good work team!!

Years
  • Very Nice Job Spherical !! Though I only play full games but have to give this a try as it was a runner up last year.. One thing which also took my interest that you have also edited the map to find Wild Pokemons.. I have not seen this genious work on any hack.. Job Well Done !!!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    The best Hack which I played ^^
    The Story is very good and the features too.

Bugs:
    Yanma evolved to Yanma?
    My Yanma has a little problem.
    I hope you can remove this Bug
    Keep it up!

|HunterxPokemon|

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    The game is simply awesome. The best I played
    I cant waith forvthe beta 3... no, for the complete game.
    The girl was right. Tfaining a ralts its hard xD
    My team was a Pidgeotto, Luxray, Aron, Gardevoir, Vulpix, Luxray, and Priplum. and i love the new moveset.
    Umbreon was still evolve with a moonstone?
    Can we have a starter of other gen? I hope so

Bugs
    One time the game crash badly when I use the Cable car.

In Telmurk city if you enter in the secret place before beat the Gym the game will make a soft reset.

Sorry for my bad inglish. I dont speakit to much ^^'

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • Glad to see more progress mate!
    I think you are doing a good jokb in maping, but I think this screen is a little empty:
    s0IxQtT.png

Best of luck!

Back