• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2019
    Hello spherialice!! I made an account just for youuuu. This game is by far the BEST HACK. please finish this. The theme, ambiance, is very great! Ow BTW, please don't remove the linking center on pokemon centers, me and my friends love to play gba HACK games, but by far, I only knew one game that has trading, and battling system. --> flora sky. Please hear me. All love from me Alice! Keep up the great work!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2016
    One of my friends had also the problem with the error opening image in his computer and he sent me the rom he was using to my android and the rom was playing fine in my phone. Anyone know how to fix this problem in pc?

Years
  • To teach those young whippersnappers a thing or two and make public announcements about how bad the retirement homes are.
    Wow spoilers.

You da man spherical ice! Just finished playing the beta with all 5 badges and this game rocks! Props to you for proof reading all the text too! I hate rom hacks with crummy grammar lol I might just start over when you release the new beta! Hmmm a suggestion I suppose would be to add a little more to do between gyms.... maybe add some side quests or something? Anyways great game man!
    Thank you! I agree 100% with the lack of content in between the later Gyms; I promise that's being remedied for the next release (and is basically why saves won't be compatible).

The Conservative Party Elder Knights look cool! Looking forward to see where you go with that.
    Thank you! And no, the New Elders treat all Spoink properly.

I have a problem. I have patched the ups in a clean firered rom but there is an error when I open the game. Any help?

Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Have you tried downloading a different FireRed ROM? Make sure it is the Squirrels (U) dump.

Here' s the deal:
    I've played hacks for years now. I found this site a very long time ago. And your game got me to finaly sign up. Just to tell you that it rocks! Hot stuff! Great graphics, superb story, nice map, stunning details, awesome pokes including sweet moves and so on and after playing the Resolute version the most important fact, good grammar!
    I love your game! By the love of satan, please complete it!
    That means a lot, thank you!

Hello spherialice!! I made an account just for youuuu. This game is by far the BEST HACK. please finish this. The theme, ambiance, is very great! Ow BTW, please don't remove the linking center on pokemon centers, me and my friends love to play gba HACK games, but by far, I only knew one game that has trading, and battling system. --> flora sky. Please hear me. All love from me Alice! Keep up the great work!
    Thank you! I'm afraid the upstairs of the PC likely won't be coming back as I haven't even tried to test link cable battles, but I do know that the Mega Evolution code currently breaks them anyway.

So how many gyms have you completed coding?
    Five!

One of my friends had also the problem with the error opening image in his computer and he sent me the rom he was using to my android and the rom was playing fine in my phone. Anyone know how to fix this problem in pc?
    It's possible he has configured his emulator incorrectly. For example, the save type should be set to 128KB, and I personally recommend he use VBA-M if he isn't already.

Sort of a minor update, but check out the new and improved Aerous Art Club!

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Thanks to MrDollSteak for help with the outdoor tile.

Pokémon Gaia Version

I've also implemented DoesntKnowHowToPlay's IV grading hack. Now you can soft reset forever to get a good starter for a slightly shorter amount of time!

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Have you tried downloading a different FireRed ROM? Make sure it is the Squirrels (U) dump.

I use this FireRed rom for every FireRed hack I play. And also, I use this emulator for every rom hack I play.
    I tried re-download the ups file and the game worked, but why there was that problem in the first place?
    And, I completed the game with all 5 badges and I have to say it is a very good game!!!
    I recommend you changing the "how it looks like the player". And also, before the last town, the place with the battles, you should add a reward or something after an amount of battles.
    Thanks for creating the game. Keep up the good work!!!

Years
  • I use this FireRed rom for every FireRed hack I play. And also, I use this emulator for every rom hack I play.
    I tried re-download the ups file and the game worked, but why there was that problem in the first place?
    And, I completed the game with all 5 badges and I have to say it is a very good game!!!
    I recommend you changing the "how it looks like the player". And also, before the last town, the place with the battles, you should add a reward or something after an amount of battles.
    Thanks for creating the game. Keep up the good work!!!

I'm glad you got it working, and that you're enjoying the beta! It's funny you should mention the Battle Marsh, because I actually have recently done exactly that and added Marsh Bosses. There are five, and you can fight them after defeating twenty regular challengers. The player sprites will indeed change soon.

Check out a new video demonstrating the Battle Marsh and a Marsh Boss! There is a small pause in the middle which skips the nineteen other battles before the boss. The Marsh Boss begins at 4:44.

As you've probably noticed, the battle graphics have been updated! A big thanks to MrDollSteak with help on that.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Following on from yesterday's update, the status screens have also got a small recolour. Again, thanks to MrDollSteak for that. I wonder if you guys will notice the little easter egg in the colour scheming.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm glad you got it working, and that you're enjoying the beta! It's funny you should mention the Battle Marsh, because I actually have recently done exactly that and added Marsh Bosses. There are five, and you can fight them after defeating twenty regular challengers. The player sprites will indeed change soon.

Check out a new video demonstrating the Battle Marsh and a Marsh Boss! There is a small pause in the middle which skips the nineteen other battles before the boss. The Marsh Boss begins at 4:44.

As you've probably noticed, the battle graphics have been updated! A big thanks to MrDollSteak with help on that.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Following on from yesterday's update, the status screens have also got a small recolour. Again, thanks to MrDollSteak for that. I wonder if you guys will notice the little easter egg in the colour scheming.

Spheri! Spheri oh Spheri! You're making me soil myself with those graffix! I love this hack! Love the features, the story, EVERYTHING! Can't wait for Beta 3!

P.S. Is it your video or is there a glitch with the Mega Evo script cuz the ME Symbol appears before the Pokemon gets switched out.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • I'm glad you got it working, and that you're enjoying the beta! It's funny you should mention the Battle Marsh, because I actually have recently done exactly that and added Marsh Bosses. There are five, and you can fight them after defeating twenty regular challengers. The player sprites will indeed change soon.

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

What a post! Love the new video.

I think the Marsh Bosses should probably give out more Battle Points than just two but yeah haha!

Sirzechs

has an Idea
    Years
  • Love the game, One of the best hacks and also great inspiration for others...

But I found 2 Errors:
    1: In The swamp area the main guy who will heal your pokemon [Guru I think] say's "If you best me I will heal your pokemon" [Misspelled]
    2: where the 5th gym is the big market on 3rd floor there is a fat guy who doesn't say anything when you click him [Useless sprite]

p.s the guy can be on 2nd-4th floor but I am sure his on 3rd floor :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2016
    Are Acrobatics or Unburden in the game as things Hawlucha can do? I really loved using him in Gen VI for that alone.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    How do i get this rom on my phone?

Would be easier to answer if I know what phone you got...
    But this works for all roms and phones almost the same anyway...
    Step 1: Get an GBA emulator for your phone (app store)
    Step 2: Download this ROM with your PC
    Step 3: Put the ROM on your phone
    Step 4: Have fun :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version
    Pokémon Gaia Version

Great work!!! Can't wait for the new beta!!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    few suggestions
    1 ADDING A TRADE CENTER WHERE YOU CAN TRADE POKEMON WITH TRAINER ALL AROUND THE REGION AND YOU CAN TRADE SOME POKEMON WHICH ARE NOT FOUND ANYWHERE ELSE
    2 ADDING A SPECIAL SHOP WHERE YOU CAN BUY BICYCLE,LUCKY EGG,LEFTOVER FOR ONCE

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2015
    really sorry if this was stated before in this thread. If so I must have overread it!
    Question: Do you already know if the save files from this beta will be compatible with the upcoming update?
    Rly sry again if this is already been asked...

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
    Years
  • really sorry if this was stated before in this thread. If so I must have overread it!
    Question: Do you already know if the save files from this beta will be compatible with the upcoming update?
    Rly sry again if this is already been asked...

Sadly they won't be because of all the flag shuffling with Mega Evolution and map changes, etc.

Back