• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Gaia Version

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    may have found a bud cannot use foresight to hit, as ghost type, normal types or vice-versa i know this is wrong because i have been karate chopped 1 to many times during fire red as gengar.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Man, I tell you.. I love this hack!
    I could not save the game and now I know I should have opened the game and start over to do so.
    So I've decided to wait to v.3 and restart my journey. This is the best hack I have played so Im gonna stick to you =]

One thing was missing for me, That I couldn't find enough shiny pokemon - maybe you got a tip?

Tnx for your replay earlier, btw.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I am wondering is there going to be an area with a lot of fire type Pokemon because there are a lot missing form the Pokedex

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • hello, I know this is just minor, but still, I'm gonna post it here.
    Shroomish's back sprite isn't properly positioned.
    13335766_1026321417435914_7525088896860843018_n.jpg

AAnyway, I enjoy replaying your hack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Ok, so major bug for me: At Windmist summit, there is a kindler that does not say anything to you. Then, after you battle him, he freezes the game ?????? I can't pass it

EDIT: I had to use walk thought walls cheat to get past the THREE TRAINERS!! The kindler, the ruins maniac, and the fighter girl (the one guarding the tm). Do you have a way to fix that?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    This hack is awesome, definitely up there with the best of them, ever. I've been having a ball.

I got one question that's been driving me nuts, kinda my own fault tho: I like to open a hack in Advance Map sometimes just to see if I've seen all the wild Pokemon in the area. Here of course gens IV-VI all show as Chimecho (why Chimecho??), but I could often figure out what was what. In Telmurk Warehouse, the small one with the hiker, however, I see there's an 1% encounter and I just can't find it. Spent 45 mins looking for it... on fast forward... Could you please tell me what it is? Or at least if it's something worth looking for, or just, like, Klang...

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2016
    Very Great Job on The Game i wish 3.0 will be the final ... I'M so happy that i accidentally select the loadstate in the emulator and i figured out that i saved the game (actual save)(select then down) b4 i used savestate now im forced to restart the whole game because the button in the telmurk gym won' t work LOL... I respect the makers of this rom hack even though its NOT YET Perfect and alot of bugs ... Speaking of bugs nice feature in the bug catching contest...now Im starting again hahahah...GREAT ROM HACK!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I just want to say this is the most polished fire red hack i have played. I love how the pokemon incorporated have the exact cries. I love the battle backgrounds as well. I haven't progressed much but i must say up to what i've played this is brilliant. kudos to you.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2017
    So, I'm having a spot of trouble. I can't seem to get past kindler Milan. Everything works great up until I have to battle him, and when he speaks , a speech bubble pops up but no words. The ensuin battle performs flawlessly, but after I win, there's another speechless bubble and then the screen goes black and the game freezes. I've tried deleting and re downloading , I just don't know what to do. I don't own or have access to a computer, I've downloaded everything straight from my phone. The game has worked perfectly up until this point. Please help, I love this game !!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Man, I tell you.. I love this hack!
    I could not save the game and now I know I should have opened the game and start over to do so.
    So I've decided to wait to v.3 and restart my journey. This is the best hack I have played so Im gonna stick to you =]

One thing was missing for me, That I couldn't find enough shiny pokemon - maybe you got a tip?

Tnx for your replay earlier, btw.

What do you mean "enough" shiny pokemon? Shiny pokemon are supposed to be rare and it's no wonder if you don't find one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    Is it possible for Nidoran to learn Sucker Punch in this game? I've been breeding a Female Nidoran with a Rattata that knows the move for about 30 minutes and still no luck.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2016
    Hey guys, I have got a little tip for ya.
    When you fight Mega Steelix of Ezeqiuel, You can get his Steelixite by using the move Thief.
    You can only fight once against this dude, so make sure you don't have any item attached to the pokemon that knows the move Thief. Plus, be sure your pokemon is at least fast enough or capable to compete against Mega Steelix, or you will miss the chance.

By the way. This method doesn't work against the trainers at the Battle Marsh, so you can't get Megas over there. :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2020
    After finishing the 6th gym, I came across a mistake. At least that's what I think it is, since I figured it shouldn't be possible to dive after that gym.
    Because you are able to use dive, since some of the wailmer left of precimos island already learned dive. After capturing one and using it to dive, your character will be walking under water in not yet finished routes.
    Unfortunately, I am not yet able to post links since I never post anything, so I am not able to show the screenshots.
    But if anyone has questions about it, I am of course able to answer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    This hack is awesome, definitely up there with the best of them, ever. I've been having a ball.

I got one question that's been driving me nuts, kinda my own fault tho: I like to open a hack in Advance Map sometimes just to see if I've seen all the wild Pokemon in the area. Here of course gens IV-VI all show as Chimecho (why Chimecho??), but I could often figure out what was what. In Telmurk Warehouse, the small one with the hiker, however, I see there's an 1% encounter and I just can't find it. Spent 45 mins looking for it... on fast forward... Could you please tell me what it is? Or at least if it's something worth looking for, or just, like, Klang...

AdvanceMap displays all Pokemon above index 411 as Chimecho because 411 is the highest index that it can support. If Spherical Ice uses AdvanceMap to edit wild Pokemon data, I'd like to know for my own purposes how he accommodates for the newly added Pokemon. My efforts to search for a solution have been fruitless.

-----

I binged the beta in the span of 2 days and what can I say, it's amazing. There's attention to detail and really not many things that give away that this hack is an amateur creation, which is the standard that you want to meet when you're making a ROM hack. Overall the visuals are nice, the features are well-done, the gameplay is solid, and the writing is grammatically sound. I look forward to future releases.

I have a few items of feedback that you may want to consider:

1. Move compatibility and moveset incompleteness: I was surprised when I caught a Drilbur and found out that it couldn't learn Rock Smash, and I was also surprised when Nidoking didn't learn Chip Away at L23 and Charmeleon didn't learn Flame Burst at L32. I've read earlier posts in this thread and it seems that you'll have the move compatibility issues largely fixed for v3. As for the incomplete moves, I understand that it's difficult to create novel effects for moves such as Chip Away and Flame Burst, but in those cases a partially functioning move is still better than not learning the move at all.

2. TM availability: TMs are pretty sparse for the first half of the beta, but a whole bunch of them become accessible only after getting Rock Climb. It seems that you have recognized this problem and will have it fixed for v3. I'm a little curious about how you're going to determining move compatibility for moves that have never before been TMs, such as Charming Cry and Aurora Beam.

3. Balancing/difficulty: I'm the kind of guy that always does the lamest thing possible, and there doesn't seem to be much that stops a Piplup solo. It has favorable matchups in most of the early major battles, its typing is hard to hit effectively, and the New Elders use a ton of rock and ground type Pokemon that are weak to it. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to balance earlygame difficulty because that's when Pokemon are leveling up the fastest and can easily get big level advantages. I'd recommend looking into the gen VI experience system to curb this a little bit. I'd also recommend diversifying the New Elders Pokemon, because you do fight a ton of them before Sabulo Tower, where the game starts becoming more difficult from Piplup's point of view.

Mega Charizard Y seems busted on paper. All of the mega evolutions are kind of busted, but Mega Charizard Y especially so, given the point at the game where it becomes available. The only thing holding back Mega Charizard Y from being super broken in the current beta is that Drought doesn't activate when it mega evolves (and it's also missing Flame Burst at L32). Mega Charizard X doesn't seem any less busted, though. I thought it was kind of sudden for Belle to hand the player a good Pokemon complete with mega stone; in the interest of balance it may be better for her to give the starter at Sabulo Island and provide the mega stone later.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2016
    You get there via Rock Climb by some convuluted way. You'll find out eventually. The wall thingy is story and unopenable afaik.

Back