• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm more familiar with Rotom, personally, as I've used it more often while battling. It's got a variety of forms, and of them all, Wash has probably got to be my most favorite; it's able to learn Hydro Pump, I believe, which is an extremely powerful attack. Second favorite is most likely Mow.

Castform is okay (its appearance is extremely adorable, if you ask me), but it's just not that viable competitively, sadly, so I've never had it on my team aside from that one time when I was initially introduced to it in Pokémon Ruby, which was years ago.

Years
    While it wasn't that great in battle, Castform is probably my favorite Pokemon that I've used for contests back in Hoenn. A large portion of its learnset are Beauty moves, with many of them being good combo moves (Hail + Powder Snow, Sunny Day + Ember/Flamethrower, etc.). To this day, Castform's still one of just 2 Pokemon I've managed to beat all 4 ranks of contests with.

As for Rotom, I always thought that it was a cool Pokemon, being able to change between a multitue of secondary types. Sure, appliances might seem like a silly idea, but with Rotom acting as the motor of those things, I think it was a pretty cool idea overall.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Castform is amazing in roleplaying, just saying :D In-game or competitively, maybe not so much. But it's still adorable like not much else.

but with Rotom acting as the motor of those things
    oh my god. I only realized NOW that they're pulling an Ekans here. Rotom is "motor" backwards, like Ekans is snake and Arbok is kobra. Auuugh.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    oven rotom is the cutest and bestest. o3o can't wait to snag it at the lost hotel tomorrow.

Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

look, he just LIFTS YOU UP

Years
    Man, I thought that was pretty cool looking, until I saw a side view of it with the nose sticking out a fair bit. If I had the money and they were available commercially, I'd probably drive one though. No better way to show you're a Pokemon fan, and the chances of it getting stolen are basically slim to none, haha.

Noibat

Years
    I remember the hype for the Pikachu beetle that came out int the 90's XD I used to want that soooo bad. Now though, I can just deal with a pokemon sticker on my car

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would be acceptable, I suppose, if I were driving that Fennekin car with a pack of kids. If I were along or with someone around my age, then it's a definite no; I'd be way too embarrassed, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wouldn't even drive a Poochyena car or something otherwise black and less obvious.

Question is: the day I finally succumb and wear a pokemon accessory in public, is that the day I fall from grace or the day I grow up? Something like pokeball earrings, I'd love it. Bags or t-shirts with cartoon characters on just isn't my thing in general so that'll likely never happen.

Crystal Glaceon

Devious
    Years
    Earrings are more subtle than a bag/something large and that stands out. There isn't anything wrong with a bag or whatever. I get complimented a lot on my belt and shirts

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    Question is: the day I finally succumb and wear a pokemon accessory in public, is that the day I fall from grace or the day I grow up? Something like pokeball earrings, I'd love it. Bags or t-shirts with cartoon characters on just isn't my thing in general so that'll likely never happen.

I wear pokemon jewelry, but that's kinda as fast as I'll go. It's enough that I know it's there and people may notice without it being as flashy as s a shirt or something

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    To be honest, I don't mind wearing any Pokémon-related thing at all. I've done so plenty of times before, and actually received compliments. :] I suppose people usually them to be cute, and so do I.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
    I have a whole bunch of old Pokémon cards that I got who knows when. I did had a Hitmontop toy at one point, but I do not even know where it went.

Last edited:
    Years
    I have an old binder full of Pokémon cards from Jungle and Fossil, which were way back in the day, and I do remember some of the old figurines and toys I had from way long ago, but i'd be lucky to find any of them today. Ah, things are distant.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I used to collect Pokémon cards religiously back when I was a kid, but stopped once I had realized how much money I've been putting, which, in total, I'm sure would be more than five-hundred dollars (nearly a thousand, maybe). Still have these cards, but wound up losing some as days went by, sadly.

Now, I'm back into collecting again, but am not as addicted as I used to be; I'd find myself buying about five to six booster packs every year or so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back