• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    shiny_azumarill_dream_world_art_by_trainerparshen-d6iembs.png
    shiny_sneasel_dream_world_art_by_trainerparshen-d6ikd6b.png

Welcome to the Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat thread! In this thread, you may talk freely about anything pokémon-related that comes to mind. Just try to not change topics too quickly, unless the thread has been silent for a while. Be smooth!

You can go seamlessly between subjects that would otherwise go in other sections of PokéCommunity, or compare different parts of the franchise such as the games, anime, manga, TCG and other merchandise as well as theories, funny stories and anything really - as long as it has to do with pokémon.

Remember:

- Again, this thread is for general chit-chat about Pokémon only. If you want to talk about things unrelated to Pokémon, head over to the Daily Chit-Chat thread in the General Chat section.

- If you want to focus on a certain question or topic, maybe it's better that you create your own thread than post here? Otherwise the topic might change sooner than you'd like.

- Any questions? PM Osiris! He isn't scary. At least, not that scary.​
    So, let's continue where we left off:
    Adventure said:
    Pokémon games + logic = not working

I know, from all the times I've tried to translate games into more realistic roleplays :x

As games, things work fine. But when you try to make it more believable in another context, some things just end up being strange. That's probably why the anime is quite different from the games in some respects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • jQqh8La.png

Oh, I thought we were posting our favorite obnoxiously bright shinies.

Anyway, to continue the last discussion, I found Entei in the water and wanted to take a picture of it, but then I either A. hit a button by accident and it ran away before I could or B. it did it on it's own. Can B. happen? (It was in HeartGold)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite bright shiny is Ninetales, for sure (let's please take a moment to look; isn't it beautiful?). Metagross would definitely be second.

Hold on, what do you mean it did it on its own? When encountering Entei in water, did it run away before you've had chance to do anything at all, even hit a button? That's probably not possible. Anyhow, I've always found this to be sort of strange, really, running into fire-types while surfing (aside from Moltres, of course, as it floats in air). If they had decided to restrict certain type-group from appearing in certain places in-game, I feel it would make a lot better sense.

I definitely don't mind Suicune showing up in places like these, however, and nor Raikou. Though, I have to agree; it's probably best not to apply logic into games and whatnot to have them seem more believable in our eyes. More attention we pay to these kind of stuff, the less we'd find ourselves enjoying things, I suppose? Haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Hold on, what do you mean it did it on its own? When encountering Entei in water, did it run away before you've had chance to do anything at all, even hit a button? That's probably not possible. .

I swore I didn't touch any button, especially not twice, and Entei fled before I could take a picture. I didn't use any attacks or items, which would be the only way it'd run. I don't understand...but after doing it with Raikou now in HG, it didn't work at all. Well I screwed up then :P

Also Moltres hovering over water wouldn't be a great idea either. I mean, it could easily fly away, but when you encounter it, it would have to be close, therefore it could easily be hit by a Water-type pretty hard. Meh, probably overthinking, but whatever.

Did I mention Moltres is my favorite legendary bird? :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Articuno is my favorite out of the bird trio. I've just always loved it's great long flowy tail. ♥

And I totally approve of Shiny Azumarill in the first post because that's one of my favorite shinies. And from that it's totally one of my favorite bright shinies haha.

As for logic I've given up on it when it comes to Pokemon. Probably because I watch the anime and play the games it's just better not to think too much about the logic in Pokemon because it's just an easy way to get arguments that go in circles going. And if not that it just makes my head hurt trying to make sense of everything when it's simply not possible.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Hello, everyone!

Some things in the GAMES don't even make sense. An example would be that neither Drowzee or Hypno (favorite Psychic-types of all tiem) can't learn Dream Eater, the very move that defines them, naturally. Ever.

Has anyone else noticed that? I guess that's the beauty of the franchise, is that logic really isn't a big factor. From a boy suddenly waking up as a Kadabra, to Ash's Pikachu defeating a Rhydon simply by, "aiming at the horn."

I do love it, though. Despite the silliness.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd rather see a version of pokemon that tried to scientifically explain things, haha. Oh, that might be the reason no live action movie has been done and never will be made. It's just too illogical.

As for shinies, purple or blue ones are the best. Ponyta and Sneasel <3

Years
  • Uhh... I think you closed the thread after your last post, Rika, haha.

I've got no preference for the color of shiny Pokemon, as long as it's noticeably different from its original color. That's why I like the shiny form of Azumarill, since it's a big change from the blue that everyone is used to. I wish that all shinies were like that, even if it meant that we had to have a few more bright green colored ones like Espeon and Zubat. As long as they aren't just a shade or two darker/lighter, they're fine by me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Uhh... I think you closed the thread after your last post, Rika, haha.

I've got no preference for the color of shiny Pokemon, as long as it's noticeably different from its original color. That's why I like the shiny form of Azumarill, since it's a big change from the blue that everyone is used to. I wish that all shinies were like that, even if it meant that we had to have a few more bright green colored ones like Espeon and Zubat. As long as they aren't just a shade or two darker/lighter, they're fine by me.
    How in Rayquaza's name did I manage that? O.o slippery keys here. Thanks for noticing lmao

Yeah, stuff like shiny Charmander or shiny Garchomp are so boring :(

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I figure nothing live action has been made because it would be incredibly cheesy and cringe worthy for most people lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite legendary bird of all time would have to be Zapdos, most likely. Its design suits the Pokémon pretty well (spiky feathers, fierce-looking eyes), and when it comes to battling, it's able to do some major destruction on its own. It's built to be sort of a tank, enduring ton of hits, and it also has decent Special Attack. Plus, it could also learn Roost, allowing the Pokémon to recover itself whenever it needs.

As for a live-action Pokémon film, I'm not too sure on it, haha. If they're going towards such a route, I believe they would have to up things a whole lot from their anime, and add some good portion of intensity and whatnot, similarly to how things are in Transformers and other movie series of the like.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There are a lot of Fanart of Dragonite X Goodra ! But Would A Dragonite fallen love with A Goodra ??
    I mean , Goodra does have a cute face and sometime it's face look like Human girl But its so Slimy !!!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • A live action Pokémon film should only be done in parody, and I would be okay with it. Trying to do it seriously would probably just end up being laughable anyway.

And shiny Pokémon that don't look much different are absolutely boring. My first shiny was a Poliwag and it didn't look any different at all, especially in Gold on a regular Game Boy. It disappoints me since Garchomp is one of my favorites. At least Charmander gets black Charizard :P

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I prefer shiny Meowstic ! It look so Majestic --

678-f.png

By the way , Goodra has high Special defense !
    Does that mean Special attack like Hyper Beam , Thunderbolt and Ice Beam will do less Damage to it ???

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I prefer shiny Meowstic ! It look so Majestic --

678-f.png

By the way , Goodra has high Special defense !
    Does that mean Special attack like Hyper Beam , Thunderbolt and Ice Beam will do less Damage to it ???
    ... what else would it mean? ._.

But wow, Shiny Meowstic looks really great actually.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    Good afternoon! I'm new 'round here. I'm considering putting away money to save for a 3DS, but some part of me tells me that that's irresponsible and somebody on my tiny income and of my age should be saving for uni. I do really miss Pokémon gaming, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Good afternoon! I'm new 'round here. I'm considering putting away money to save for a 3DS, but some part of me tells me that that's irresponsible and somebody on my tiny income and of my age should be saving for uni. I do really miss Pokémon gaming, though.
    I know exactly how you feel ;; If you think it's important for you to have a 3DS and that it will give you a lot of good times, then maybe it's actually worth getting one. I got myself a new laptop instead, since I work and play at the computer a lot every day and think it's worth spending money on!

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I know exactly how you feel ;; If you think it's important for you to have a 3DS and that it will give you a lot of good times, then maybe it's actually worth getting one. I got myself a new laptop instead, since I work and play at the computer a lot every day and think it's worth spending money on!

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

A couple friends have got together to get me a laptop for Christmas, which is good, as I currently have to use a family shared laptop. I lived with my mother when I last played Pokémon, and my father, whom I currently live with, rather disapproves of video games, and would think a 3DS and a game would be a waste of benefits. Ah, well. I'm sure a 3DS emulator will come along soon, but I'd like to have it handheld and wifi-able.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    ... what else would it mean? ._.

Well , I'm trying to be sure .
    Since , Goodra look like a Elastic Pokemon So I was imagine move like ''Shadow Ball'' , ''Moonblast'' and ''Hyper beam'' bouncing off its body .
    Any Punch or kick get slide off from Goomy's body So I hope Goodra also maintain the same ability.

But wow, Shiny Meowstic looks really great actually.

Just imagine A shiny Meowstic appearing in the Anime ! People will get nut to buy Shiny Mewostic merchandise .

Last edited:
    Back