• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon General Poll #29 - Favorite Electric Pokémon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Electric is a type that is always remembered, if only for the iconic Pikachu. There's always an Electric-type Gym Leader, from the memorable Lt. Surge up to the nearly brand-new Elesa (she's a Gym Leader -- she's also a model!). With technology surrounding us in our real world, Electric-types are more and more relatable. So which one is your favorite, and why?

Have an idea for the Pokémon General poll? PM Toujours with it!

Last edited:

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Ummmm let me think of this to figure out my absolute favourite.

(Several ellipses later . . . )

I have to pick Mareep because it's cute and I love it. Also its cry is so cute and even sounds like its name, and best of yet its shiny form!
    Cotton candy sheep. ^^
    Also on Smogon they call it "the Screening Sheep" which in my opinion is the cutest nickname ever.

And I'll mention a few more so that they know I haven't forgotten them.

Last edited:

Exzessiva

~shy trainer with a shy Ralts~
    Years
    Favorite electric type pokemon that I always like to have in my team is Manectric. It's awesome. Can create thunder clouds though a very small version of that of Zapdos. But this one has very cool attacks and it's speed is pretty impressive too.

Well I also like to have Magnezone ! It's very destructive.

I also like Thundurus. That's my ultimate favorite!!

Years
    Electric-type Pokemon? Love them!

And here's the ones I like!

Jolteon: Who likes Eeveelutions? Jolteon is cool-as!

Ampharos: It comes from an evolutionary line with sheep and Ampharos has a tail that lights up.

Manectric: I love its cry and after seeing Wattson's one in a Gym Battle, I just thought to myself - I have got to have this, it's like an Electric canine that summons thunderclouds. I tried it out, and it really became a part of my main team.

Luxray: It's a lion with electric powers!

Pachirisu: It's cute and Dawn has one in the anime, made me like it even more.

Rotom: I got a Rotom in Black (first time I ever obtained a Rotom in any main series game) and played around with its forms, and it's fun to use too!

Zebstrika: I was thinking there would be a Zebra Pokemon and come Black & White, this thing shows up! I used one and she managed to sweep Elesa's team!

Emolga: Cuteness alert! I loved using this thing and it performed well for my team. I love Emolga despite Marriland (a Pokemon walkthrough guru) finding them annoying.

Zekrom: Although I like Reshiram better, I still have a soft spot for Zekrom.

Favorite electric type pokemon that I always like to have in my team is Manectric. It's awesome. Can create thunder clouds though a very small version of that of Zapdos. But this one has very cool attacks and it's speed is pretty impressive too.

That's cool, I loved using Manectric and it became a major part of my Ruby team. I love its cry.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My top favorite would definitely have to be Mareep. It's adorable, it's fluffy, it's a sheep, and it's shiny is just simply adorable. I also love its whole evolution line as a whole. Zebstrika, Luxray, and Jolteon would have to be my other favorites, if I were to pick one from almost every region (I don't really have a favorite from Hoenn).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite Electric Pokemon was Jolteon because it's so spiky, but now, it's a tie between Galvantula (because of its CompoundEyes Thunders) and Electivire (sure it's ugly, but its movepool is pretty good).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Rotom-W. Not the other Rotom's, but JUST that Rotom, because it looks awesome (and reminds me of a game!) and is great competitively. :3;

I also love Thundurus' design, so awesome, Zekrom's design, also so awesome AND in general Mareep is cute, Galvantula was my ex-favourite (lool) AND Stunfisk is awesome in general. Eelektross can also be fun in battles. :x

I SEE THROUGH YOUR PLAN TOUJOURS. ONCE YOU TOLD ME IT, OF COURSE.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I'll give anybody a cookie if they can guess my favourite Electric Pokemon!

I've been waiting so long for this poll! My favourite is of course the one and only Raichu, and I'm so glad nobody else said it before I did because MY FANDOM MUST BE SEEN AS GREATER THAN EVERYBODY ELSE'S!

Raichu is amazing. I think the reason I love it so much is because when I first started playing Pokemon it was one of my greatest achievements. I used to spend hours in Red Version in the Viridian Forest looking for Pikachus and when I caught one it always made me so indescribably happy. And then to have it evolve into a Raichu was an even bigger deal because you could only do it with a stone (which is a huge deal for a newbie to Pokemon lol). So yeah, nostalgia would be my main reason.

And besides, look at him! He's AWESOME.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    My favorite among all electric types would be Raichu as well, can't believe how awesome it was when it defeated Pikachu in the anime. It was so aggressive which made it really look strong and confident. Some of my other favorite electric types include Emolga, Pachirisu, Minun, Plusle, Mareep, Pikachu, and Zapdos!

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    My favorite electric type pokemon is luxray. i also like Electivire,Zekrom and Rotom

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    It's a tie between Lanturn and Zebstrika. Lanturns shiny sprite is awesome as well, wish I had one. Runners up include Luxray, Manectric, Galvantula and Ampharos.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Tie between Jolteon and Electrode. I prefer Jolteon's capabilities in battle, but Electrode was my first Electric type and still a personal favorite because it's a mechanical ball that grins. And explodes. Voltorb's pretty cool, looking too.

Pixel!

Smallest graphical unit
    Years
    My favorite is Electrode,but the one that's the cutest imo is Emolga.
    Zebstrika and Luxray are also tops in my list,they are useful,after all.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

Hey, Maggie! I'd never been a big fan of the Magnemite-line until Magnezone was introduced in Gen IV. I really like its design, and it's great to use in battle (if you can handle its mediocre-speed). Its super-awesome typing makes it an Electric Pokemon that's not horribly brittle as well, which is always good. A close second-place would be Lanturn. I've always kind of admired it in a weird way; it's kooky and quirky and was pride of place in my Gold game, yet it doesn't seem to get the love it deserves, which is a shame. Oh well...

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    Luxray is probably my favorite, because I have a huge love for anything cat-related.
    Plus, the design and entire line is awesome.
    I also love Raikou (another cat, of course), it is by far my favorite of the Beast Trio.

Electrode, Magnezone, and Ampharos are runner-ups. (I wish Magnezone had Levitate...)

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Ampharos!
    Spoiler:

I also love the Mareep line in general too, but old Amphy is my favorite. Love its design. And it can learn Power Gem, my favorite Rock-type move, ever.

I also like Luxray.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back