• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Giovanni Origins [FULL RELEASE - PLAY JOHTO NOW!]

DaleFails

Pokémon: Giovanni Origins developer
Years
    • Seen today
    Welcome to Pokémon: Giovanni Origins

Like many other games on the Poké Community Forums, this a Pokémon Essentials game, not a ROM hack, therefore no downloads include the distribution of ROMs.

In this story, set roughly 20 years before the events of Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, you play as the childhood friend of Team Rocket Boss Giovanni.

Growing up in Saffron City, you and Giovanni will traverse Kanto and Johto together, challenging for gym badges and championships along the way.
    You will witness first hand the backstory of Giovanni, watching from the sidelines as your friend ventures down a dark path, turning to a life of crime.

As you explore Kanto and Johto, you will see the vast difference 20 years can make to a region.
    You will find characters and references to the future games hidden everywhere you look.
    Enjoy exploring the Pokémon world long before the stories of legendary Pokémon trainers such as Red and Blue.
    ... and if you are Team Rocket inclined yourself, you can now train your very own Dark Pokémon!

13.png

>>>>>>>>>> Mediafire link v2.0.4! Click here! <<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>> Link to Game Documentation! Click here! <<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>> Discord Server! <<<<<<<<<

Key features:

Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png5A.png6.png7.png9.png16.png15.png17.png20.png24.png

Socials - let's talk Pokémon! I collect and play!

Twitch - DaleFails
    TikTok - DaleFails
    Instagram - DaleFailsGaming

Special thanks:
    General help, bug fixing and playtesting - Amallah!
    Amallah gaming on Twitch! Check him out!

Essentials version and Plugins used:

Spoiler:

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Are Alolian forms in this game? If so where can I get Alolain Ninetales?

Edit: Never mind that question. But what Pokemon are available in each area of the Safari Zone and what is the rarity of them? Unless I missed a sign. Also, where can I grab Feebas for the old guy in Vermillion, and is Armaldo available?

Edit 2:...Is this one of those games where all of the boss trainers have perfect IVs or something? Because it would explain a LOT. Also is there a move relearner anywhere?

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    I wish we could save right after you enter the silph co building to get your starter, going through that cutscene trying to get a good nature for the starters every time without a speed up option is a little annoying.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This looks phenomenal! I would love to give this a spin. but I just want to ask, is there a speed up button available?

Edit: The download links don't seem to work. :/

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello all,

Thanks to anybody who has played or is looking to play so far!

I was waiting for the thread to be approved, and now that it has been, the downloads have been fixed. Just fyi, since v1.0.0 I have released up to version 1.0.2 which addresses the following:

1. Shiny odds amended to 1/250.
    2. Shinx for Timburr trade in Fuchsia City has been fixed.
    3. Level Caps have now been fixed.
    4. Using Teleport, Dig, Escape Rope etc now takes the players back to their Player Home rather than to the Pokémon Essentials demo map.
    5. Numerous typos have been corrected.
    6. The E4 no longer have perfect IVs as I quickly realised this was a little OTT!
    7. Can longer use the Pokémon Centre in Saffron prior to getting a Pokémon.

To address above comments:

1. Other regional forms (such as Alolan) are not in the game.
    2. Safari Zone is a case of explore and find out, I didn't want to defy it's purpose and reveal all Pokémon available via signs.
    3. The boss Pokémon have the same IVs as any wild Pokémon and are randomly generated, but they do have boosted base stats.
    4. Boss trainers do not have perfect IVs in the newly patched version. The E4 have this, but I have scaled these back to mid-range IVs in the latest patches. Otherwise the first gym leader and first few Giovanni battles have randomised IVs.
    5. Move Relearner - I will add to this for this the next release, thank you.
    6. There is a speed up button - press Q to toggle between Normal, Fast and Very Fast.
    7. Downloads fixed with latest versions!

Thanks all!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I am quite surprised this game is not getting noticed as much! I love the attention ton detail, not to mention using Kanto as a base to tell the backstory of the OG mob boss is such a treat! Maybe reach out to Poketubers like Herovoltsy or SacredAlmighty to give your game a spin? It draw a a lot more attention to it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Yo Great game just one question i am searching for feebas and the fisherman says use good Rod around cinnabar island but should i fish while surfing or just fish normally?

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    I am quite surprised this game is not getting noticed as much! I love the attention ton detail, not to mention using Kanto as a base to tell the backstory of the OG mob boss is such a treat! Maybe reach out to Poketubers like Herovoltsy or SacredAlmighty to give your game a spin? It draw a a lot more attention to it.

Thanks a lot! I will give it another week or so that people can find and help me clear any bugs, and then maybe I'll start reaching out. I'd rather they showed off a polished product! Thanks again!

Yo Great game just one question i am searching for feebas and the fisherman says use good Rod around cinnabar island but should i fish while surfing or just fish normally?

Thanks for pointing this error out, I have fixed this is the latest release v1.0.4!

Otherwise, use the Good Rod in the pond in Fuchsia City - 5% encounter rate :)

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Latest Patch (v1.0.4)!

Updates:​
    • The Power Plant event bugs are fixed. If the Player loses to Voltaic or Pierce in the Power Plant, you will no longer be softlocked.​
    • Power Plant battle music fixed.​
    • Map Locations added to add convenience when using HM move Fly.​
    • Escape Rope now functions in caves as expected.​
    • Blastoise NERF. The move Skull Smash has been added as a Level 63 learn move for Blastoise. This move makes the game too easy otherwise.​
    • Some tiling fixes throughout.​
    • Some grammar fixes throughout.​
    • The Player can now check which version of the Game they are playing on the Poster in the Player's room.​
    • Feebas encounters around Cinnabar Island fixed.​
    • Starting Over events in Power Plant and Viridian City fixed.​

Note: Level Caps are only working for brand new save files created on Version 1.0.3 or later.

Thanks again to everybody playing and reporting bugs!​

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Just something i thought of just now is there a way to level your pokemon before lorelei? Because I feel very underleveled as my pokemon are only about 40-44

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    One more question does the pickup abillity exist in this game because that would be awesome if you could pick up things to sell for vitamins and stuff and rare candies

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Also, how do I evolve Feebas? I can't seem to use the Prism Scale on it and leveling up while it holds it does nothing. Also, there is a soft lock in the Viridian Gym if you use the warp rules in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Another day, another Patch! (v1.0.5)!

Updates:​
    • Item evolutions fixed, such as Metal Coat for Onix, Prism Scale for Feebas etc.​
    • On Route 4, outside Cerulean City, you can now rematch 4 trainers with high-level Pokémon for easy grinding!​
    • Tile permissions fixed around the Pokémon League.​
    • Some grammar fixes throughout.

Note: Level Caps are only working for brand new save files created on Version 1.0.3 or later.​

Thanks again to everybody playing and reporting bugs!​

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Just something i thought of just now is there a way to level your pokemon before lorelei? Because I feel very underleveled as my pokemon are only about 40-44

I have added some repeatable trainers to Route 4, outside Cerulean City. This should help with pre-League levelling issues some people may run into.

Also, how do I evolve Feebas? I can't seem to use the Prism Scale on it and leveling up while it holds it does nothing. Also, there is a soft lock in the Viridian Gym if you use the warp rules in the wrong direction.

This was also a bug! Thank you for pointing this out. In the latest release above, I have fixed all item evolutions. Copy your save across to the latest version of the game and you'll be good to go!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I have added some repeatable trainers to Route 4, outside Cerulean City. This should help with pre-League levelling issues some people may run into.

This was also a bug! Thank you for pointing this out. In the latest release above, I have fixed all item evolutions. Copy your save across to the latest version of the game and you'll be good to go!

Have you updated the download link? Asking because the link in the first page states that it's version 1.0.4. I also suggest that you place the version number in the title screen so people know they have downloaded the right patch as well as in the name of the file you put up for download.

DaleFails

Years
    • Seen today
    Latest Patch / Big update! (v1.0.6)!

Updates:
    1. Version added to the top left of the Loading Screen, when you first load up the game.
    2. Added the following evolution items to the game: Fairy Stone, Dusk Stone, Ice Stone, Protector.
    3. Added more TMs to the world for the player to find.
    4. Added a new Team Rocket style Pokéball for the player to use.
    5. Added more custom Pokéballs to in-game trainers.
    6. Added additional catch-reward quests (rewards available for every 10 species caught, up to 60!)
    7. Changed fourth gym TM reward and added move to the gym leader's Pokémon.
    8. Eeveelutions now all available via Stone.
    9. Gift Eevee added to Celadon City.
    10. Jimmy's Juice Bar in Vermilion is now open for business!
    11. Berry Vendor in Saffron City now has his own quest and will open his store as a reward.
    12. Additional time-jumps added, just for fun!
    13. Additional Detective dialogue and other storyline dialogue.
    14. Metal Coat is no longer only available during one mission.
    15. Various sprite tweaks / recolours.
    16. Various tiling and grammar errors corrected.
    17. Updated to latest version of 'v20.1 hotfixes'.
    18. Updated to latest version of 'Essentials Deluxe'.
    19. Updated to latest version of 'Gen 8 Pack Scripts'.
    20. Added new plugin - Advanced UI!
    21. Game Documentation now available - see original post!

Enjoy the updates and please report any issues you encounter, I love hearing people's feedback!

With the huge updates I have made to the PlugIns so that I could get Advanced UI in the game, there may be new bugs. Please report any you find. Thank you!

Back